Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to harvest the core components out of an Inspire 2 to create a custom camera rig? I'm interested in using the X5S and X7 gimbals in an industrial application and am wondering how practical it would be to disassemble and extract the I2 flight controller, lightbridge, antennas, compass/gps, CineCore, batteries and other mandatory components and get them working with no rotors and ESCs attached.

I am sick of waiting for DJI to support the new gimbals fully on industrial platforms and on the Osmo so I'm considering the above. It would be an expensive experiment so any detailed I2 teardown videos or thoughts about my idea are appreciated!

We've assisted in a few tear-downs locally with a couple production companies to make a handheld out of the CineCore by completely stripping the airframe. Another one was a rig for a car jib that revolved around the CineCore. We are not permitted to share any of the images publicly but could possibly introduce you to our partners who carried out these tear-downs. They were many hours and days of work and it's completely up to them if they want to share their findings, designs, and rebuilds.

We have not yet worked with any tear-downs that went onto aerial rigs from what we are aware. If our memory serves us right, the ESCs, motors, arms, and the middle frame module is not mandatory, four antennas out of the arms are (used M600 LB antennas instead).

It would be ideal to start from a unit that preferably has heavy damage to arms and/or it's middle frame and the remainder of its body fully intact. Best of luck and have fun. :cool:

Reactions: marctronixx
We've assisted in a few tear-downs locally with a couple production companies to make a handheld out of the CineCore by completely stripping the airframe. Another one was a rig for a car jib that revolved around the CineCore. We are not permitted to share any of the images publicly but could possibly introduce you to our partners who carried out these tear-downs. They were many hours and days of work and it's completely up to them if they want to share their findings, designs, and rebuilds.

We have not yet worked with any tear-downs that went onto aerial rigs from what we are aware. If our memory serves us right, the ESCs, motors, arms, and the middle frame module is not mandatory, four antennas out of the arms are (used M600 LB antennas instead).

It would be ideal to start from a unit that preferably has heavy damage to arms and/or it's middle frame and the remainder of its body fully intact. Best of luck and have fun. :cool:
Fabulous. Let's talk. How should I contact you and/or your partners?

Hi, it's been a while since this thread appeared here ... I'm about to challenge my DYI skills approaching identical project. The idea is to scavenge damaged Inspire 2 carcass and mount X5S camera on RC vehicle. The vehicle is already build and modified with custom vibration damping system, working charmingly with Osmo Pro. Unfortunately X5 camera is not really up the task for professional filming in this application, lacking modern video quality requirements and LB live feed ability.

Obviously I'm not expecting detailed instructions nor images, but rough directions about what parts/elements I DON'T need to collect will help me a lot. If an introduction to your partners to ask for some help in this matter is possible, I'll appreciate such a lot.

Sincerely,
Matthew Dobrski,
[email protected]

Hi, it's been a while since this thread appeared here ... I'm about to challenge my DYI skills approaching identical project. The idea is to scavenge damaged Inspire 2 carcass and mount X5S camera on RC vehicle. The vehicle is already build and modified with custom vibration damping system, working charmingly with Osmo Pro. Unfortunately X5 camera is not really up the task for professional filming in this application, lacking modern video quality requirements and LB live feed ability.

Obviously I'm not expecting detailed instructions nor images, but rough directions about what parts/elements I DON'T need to collect will help me a lot. If an introduction to your partners to ask for some help in this matter is possible, I'll appreciate such a lot.

Sincerely,
Matthew Dobrski,
[email protected]

Hope you can share your progress of this project. Sounds very interesting!

I'd like to know if anyone has found a video out, on the inspire 2, to connect your own video transmitter? Is anyone willing to share?

Thanks
Aaron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry