Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 with DJI FPV Goggles

Reaction score
DSC00032.JPG

Hey Guys,

I have been trying the DJG Goggles, the big one which is capabel for Mavic as well. Apart from the disadvantage that it is cumbersome in usage, the latenzy is far too bad to operate the baby. The goggles has no HDMI, but I didn`t succeeded to get it swiched into analog signal. Since I am flying racer quads I simply fixed the transmitter + cam + battery. The thing underneath the gimbal is kinda tricky. It needs to be balanced intimately well

Attachments

• DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 58
  • DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
  • DSC00033.JPG
    DSC00033.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
  • DSC00035.JPG
    DSC00035.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • DSC00038.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
View attachment 28488

Hey Guys,

I have been trying the DJG Goggles, the big one which is capabel for Mavic as well. Apart from the disadvantage that it is cumbersome in usage, the latenzy is far too bad to operate the baby. The goggles has no HDMI, but I didn`t succeeded to get it swiched into analog signal. Since I am flying racer quads I simply fixed the transmitter + cam + battery. The thing underneath the gimbal is kinda tricky. It needs to be balanced intimately well

I acquired a pair of DJI Goggles on Craigslist. HATED THEM. After a two minute test flight, sold them back on Craigslist for what I paid. LOVE my FatSharks. HATED the DJI Goggles.

D

What made you hate them?

Anyone who requires cheaters to read won't be able to focus on the DJI Goggle Screen. Conversely, regardless of vision, one CAN focus on the FatShark Goggles because they use a completely different optical set up which is more like view two separate images as opposed to focusing on one screen 2" from your face.

D

I have been trying the Goggles above for a longer time, especially with the Mavic II. I learned to hate this monster as well. Since I know the DJI FPV system from flying quads I don`t like doing anything without them.

Anyone who requires cheaters to read won't be able to focus on the DJI Goggle Screen. Conversely, regardless of vision, one CAN focus on the FatShark Goggles because they use a completely different optical set up which is more like view two separate images as opposed to focusing on one screen 2" from your face.

D
Funny enough Donnie, I need reading glasses and the DJI fpv goggles for me do not requiere any diopters or glasses, which you can use with these, I see fine with them

Funny enough Donnie, I need reading glasses and the DJI fpv goggles for me do not requiere any diopters or glasses, which you can use with these, I see fine with them
Reading glasses? I need 1.50 cheaters to read roughly 1 foot from my face. I am NOT able to focus on anything 2" or 3" from my face - even with the 1.50 cheaters. To focus on anything that close, I need to stack two pair of 1.50 on top of one another. Can you focus on stuff 3" away from your face without your glasses?

D

Reading glasses? I need 1.50 cheaters to read roughly 1 foot from my face. I am NOT able to focus on anything 2" or 3" from my face - even with the 1.50 cheaters. To focus on anything that close, I need to stack two pair of 1.50 on top of one another. Can you focus on stuff 3" away from your face without your glasses?

D
No, actually I cannot, but mostly comes down to light, if the light is good I can to some extent, but you will see me squint, doesn't happen with the fpv goggles at all. Funny enough I also have a Yuneek Skyview goggles for which I had to adapt magnifiers as I could not focus, I was looking to purchase adapters for the DJI goggles, they are not cheap but available to your prescription, but funny enough I don't need them at all, I feel perfectly confortable and see well with them. In fact a friend has the original white monstrosities and I cannot use them without correction.

No, actually I cannot, but mostly comes down to light, if the light is good I can to some extent, but you will see me squint, doesn't happen with the fpv goggles at all.
That's odd. The DJI Goggles were junk to me. I couldn't focus on them at all. I was lucky to find them gently used on Craigslist for 400 bucks, and then sold them a month later on Craigslist for 400 bucks. I dodged a bullet on that one.

Funny enough I also have a Yuneek Skyview goggles for which I had to adapt magnifiers as I could not focus,
Interesting. I have a couple different model of FatShark. I can see well in both models. My "goto" are the Dominator V3's.

I was looking to purchase adapters for the DJI goggles, they are not cheap but available to your prescription,
I honestly didn't like how big they were on my head, either. I often lift the goggles so I can keep an eye on the bird. The DJI Goggles didn't lift easily or stay up, as I recall.

but funny enough I don't need them at all,
That is odd. I wonder why your experience is so different from mine.

I feel perfectly confortable and see well with them. In fact a friend has the original white monstrosities and I cannot use them without correction.
AHA!!! The "original white monstrosities???" Is that not what you have??? THOSE are what I had and HATED THEM.

I went back to you OP and I see no model number or photos of the DJI Goggles you're referring to. This explains everything.

Are THESE the Goggles?

1609030601068.png

D

That's odd. The DJI Goggles were junk to me. I couldn't focus on them at all. I was lucky to find them gently used on Craigslist for 400 bucks, and then sold them a month later on Craigslist for 400 bucks. I dodged a bullet on that one.

Interesting. I have a couple different model of FatShark. I can see well in both models. My "goto" are the Dominator V3's.

I honestly didn't like how big they were on my head, either. I often lift the goggles so I can keep an eye on the bird. The DJI Goggles didn't lift easily or stay up, as I recall.

That is odd. I wonder why your experience is so different from mine.

AHA!!! The "original white monstrosities???" Is that not what you have??? THOSE are what I had and HATED THEM.

I went back to you OP and I see no model number or photos of the DJI Goggles you're referring to. This explains everything.

Are THESE the Goggles?

View attachment 30185

D
Yes brother the FPV goggles, they are night and day to the "white monstrosities" I hated those too, they wouldn't stay on my head, it was impossible to fly as if I moved I would have to re adjust them to keep them from falling off thus taking my hands off the sticks. The black R version that doubles up as digital and analog are actually somehow a little better but still not comfortable. I never used fat sharks but I can imagine the form factor being more confortable, but now that I am getting into fpv and have the DJI fpv goggles and am invested in the system having the Caddx for possibly the Inspire 1 or another fpv kwad and own an air unit equipped cine whoop plus analog receiver for the digital goggles, I need just one goggles. The image is great, like I said need no diopters and use them with my digital AND analog kwads. Now in your case Donnie, I don't see you needing them unless you are into fpv as they are DJI fpv exclusive not compatible with any other system, but if you have friend that is you might want to give them a look. All they are missing is an HDMI input so I can use them with my camera drones, that would make them perfect, for now I have to use the Yuneeks but once I put the the "diopter" in the he image is great, but still need to have better comfort level.

Does the Inspire 2 have a hdmi input if so id run the Epson bt35e love mine I always have problems with the lens fogging up with the goggles I even tried all the tricks for the lens not to fog the only problem with the BT35e glasses most people can't get past the price point I love them because I don't need a spotter when flying and no fogging....

Does the Inspire 2 have a hdmi input if so id run the Epson bt35e love mine I always have problems with the lens fogging up with the goggles I even tried all the tricks for the lens not to fog the only problem with the BT35e glasses most people can't get past the price point I love them because I don't need a spotter when flying and no fogging....
You mean output? yes the remote does.

Reactions: Rattydude77
View attachment 28488

Hey Guys,

That's amazing! Such a simple solution. Is that a 4S pack?
I fly both Inspire 2 and FPV and have been wanting to do this... especially for dual op work... I plan to put the FPV cam on the nose... fixed... rather than on the main camera.

That's amazing! Such a simple solution. Is that a 4S pack?
I fly both Inspire 2 and FPV and have been wanting to do this... especially for dual op work... I plan to put the FPV cam on the nose... fixed... rather than on the main camera.
You know at least in my view I feel the fpv camera should be on or in the nose of the inspire and work as pilot cam, having it on the gimbal is putting way too much strain on it and might possibly damage it, also the power lead also defeats the 360 degree capabilities of the camera and could possible also damage it. Having it on the nosecone makes for a perfect pilot cam replacing the nasty factory one and in my case adding a pilot cam the Inspire 1 doesn't have

You know at least in my view I feel the fpv camera should be on or in the nose of the inspire and work as pilot cam, having it on the gimbal is putting way too much strain on it and might possibly damage it, also the power lead also defeats the 360 degree capabilities of the camera and could possible also damage it. Having it on the nosecone makes for a perfect pilot cam replacing the nasty factory one and in my case adding a pilot cam the Inspire 1 doesn't have
Agreed... plus the fact if your view swivels then you can't tell which way the drone is actually flying. Better to be fixed IMO.

and I've also just remembered that since I got the smart Controller, if I want, I can have that view on a screen instead of in Goggles...
Ends up being a lot of different pieces of gear, but sometimes you just have to go that way ;-)

Yes brother the FPV goggles, they are night and day to the "white monstrosities"
Copy that. Glad I found the disconnect.

I hated those too, they wouldn't stay on my head, it was impossible to fly as if I moved I would have to re adjust them to keep them from falling off thus taking my hands off the sticks.
I honestly never flew with them. It was pretty hilarious. I found the goggles on Craigslist; very gently used; original packaging, manual; yada yada. I get to the guy's house and he demo's them. I try them on and the image is blurry. I thought, "I'll just focus them when I get home." Naïve.

I get them home, connect them wirelessly to my Mavic Pro and start searching how to focus them. And searching. And searching. Finally, it becomes apparent that they're not focusable. It's just an iPhone stuck in box. No way to focus. I neatly folded them up, making sure to keep all the original packaging, and listed them on Craiglist the next day for $400. I rejected a bevy of lowball offers until finally one guy showed up with 4 Bennies. Sold.

The FatSharks are infinitely lighter with an elastic headband that is quickly adjustable. I've been using these goggles about 4 years and the elastic has held wonderfully. I just used them today, as a matter of fact.

The black R version that doubles up as digital and analog are actually somehow a little better but still not comfortable. I never used fat sharks but I can imagine the form factor being more confortable,
They're very comfortable. I have worn them 14 hours on a film set.

but now that I am getting into fpv and have the DJI fpv goggles and am invested in the system having the Caddx for possibly the Inspire 1 or another fpv kwad and own an air unit equipped cine whoop plus analog receiver for the digital goggles, I need just one goggles. The image is great, like I said need no diopters and use them with my digital AND analog kwads.
Interesting.

Now in your case Donnie, I don't see you needing them unless you are into fpv as they are DJI fpv exclusive not compatible with any other system,
All my drones are DJI drones.

but if you have friend that is you might want to give them a look. All they are missing is an HDMI input so I can use them with my camera drones,
Argh...that's kind of a deal breaker. I use the HDMI port exclusively. It's been very reliable.

that would make them perfect, for now I have to use the Yuneeks but once I put the the "diopter" in the he image is great, but still need to have better comfort level.
Nice. I honestly wish I could borrow a pair. Without an HDMI port, you won't be able to use them with the Inspire 1 - which is too bad. They're great goggles. I really love 'em and have for years.

D

Reactions: Mixchief
Copy that. Glad I found the disconnect.

I honestly never flew with them. It was pretty hilarious. I found the goggles on Craigslist; very gently used; original packaging, manual; yada yada. I get to the guy's house and he demo's them. I try them on and the image is blurry. I thought, "I'll just focus them when I get home." Naïve.

I get them home, connect them wirelessly to my Mavic Pro and start searching how to focus them. And searching. And searching. Finally, it becomes apparent that they're not focusable. It's just an iPhone stuck in box. No way to focus. I neatly folded them up, making sure to keep all the original packaging, and listed them on Craiglist the next day for $400. I rejected a bevy of lowball offers until finally one guy showed up with 4 Bennies. Sold.

The FatSharks are infinitely lighter with an elastic headband that is quickly adjustable. I've been using these goggles about 4 years and the elastic has held wonderfully. I just used them today, as a matter of fact.

They're very comfortable. I have worn them 14 hours on a film set.

Interesting.

All my drones are DJI drones.

Argh...that's kind of a deal breaker. I use the HDMI port exclusively. It's been very reliable.

Nice. I honestly wish I could borrow a pair. Without an HDMI port, you won't be able to use them with the Inspire 1 - which is too bad. They're great goggles. I really love 'em and have for years.

D
Well D if I muster the cojones to install the Caddx to the I1 I will have the best of both worlds, but I'll need either a photographer to man the camera or a pilot to fly with the goggles LOL, more dilemas. I'll need to find the power fed to the Vista module and see if there is enough room in the nosecone for the Vista and the fpv cam, it's the only way it will work for me, I want a clean install, probably with antenna on top. otherwise I might give up the idea and install the Vista on my 5" analog kwad. Keep in mind D that you can use the goggles only for piloting, Any photography you will need to go back to your iPad as the photo camera will no go to the goggles, again the lack of HDMI in is a drag.

Last edited:
Well D if I muster the cojones to install the Caddx to the I1 I will have the best of both worlds, but I'll need either a photographer to man the camera or a pilot to fly with the goggles LOL, more dilemas.
True. Any more these days, I wear the goggles during automated flights so that I can operate the camera. But before automation, doing film, I was always camera op. While I watched guys struggling to see the iPad, I just handed mine to the DP and used my goggles. It was ideal, because he was able to shade the iPad in his coat or hold it at an angle where the direct sunlight wasn't an issue.

I'll need to find the power fed to the Vista module and see if there is enough room in the nosecone for the Vista and the fpv cam, it's the only way it will work for me, I want a clean install, probably with antenna on top.
I had the idea to install a completely discreet FPV camera and goggle system on the Inspire 1. Then the Inspire 2 came out with that exact setup. HA. Waddaya know?

otherwise I might give up the idea and install the Vista on my 5" analog kwad. Keep in mind D that you can use the goggles only for piloting, Any photography you will need to go back to your iPad as the photo camera will no go to the goggles, again the lack of HDMI in is a drag.
Yep. My original idea would use camera, Tx and battery as "velcro-on" items. Such a system wouldn't be that heavy or bulky. Building my own antennas, I was able to get well over a mile with my Phantom 1 FPV system.

Hard to believe that this was mind-blowing technology just 5 years ago. No telemetry. Just the FPV Goggles and my Hero camera strapped to a DYS Gimbal. Good times.

D

Reactions: Mixchief

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam