Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 wouldn't land after 15% low battery warning?

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue where the Inspire 2 wouldn't land? Tonight at dusk , got a low battery warning at 15%, canceled return to home. lowered the landing gear and went to land manually. The inspire would hover about 1 foot about the ground but not land completely. finally got it to land at 1% battery. scary. when i was getting the low battery warning it wouldn't ascend or descend. not sure what happened. Any ideas?

Probably the landing protection feature was enabled and had kicked in - if you'd pulled down on the left stick and held it there for a second or more it would have landed. You probably had it hovering but with it seemingly ignoring your stick inputs to land?

I've disabled the landing protection on my I2 as I found it was giving conflicting signals when things went critical with battery levels... it normally gives various on screen warnings, but these often disappear quickly when other warnings appear and it's easy to miss them when concentrating on trying to land with low battery levels. It's also really easy to accidentally and unknowingly cancel its messages and actions with your stick/button inputs.

Reactions: Casey53
Dusk would also make the landing protection delay things as the light levels and ground contrast would be low and hence more difficult/confusing for the vision system to check the ground suitability...

Landing protection ... It's a nice idea, but it has its flaws :(

yesterday received a warning about a low battery charge and canceled automatic landing since the drone was getting into the mud. I decided to manually plant the drone. but when the drone approached the ground at 20cm he refused to land, and on the ipad screen there was no landing button. reaction to the landing button on the console was also not there. The drone continued to hang in the air until it completely discharged the battery. now the charger refuses to charge the battery. I'm distressed and in the end I lost 2 running expensive batteries ($ 159 for each) due to the buggy dji software.

yesterday received a warning about a low battery charge and canceled automatic landing since the drone was getting into the mud. I decided to manually plant the drone. but when the drone approached the ground at 20cm he refused to land, and on the ipad screen there was no landing button. reaction to the landing button on the console was also not there. The drone continued to hang in the air until it completely discharged the battery. now the charger refuses to charge the battery. I'm distressed and in the end I lost 2 running expensive batteries ($ 159 for each) due to the buggy dji software.

Did you pull down and hold the throttle for 3 seconds?

It seems a lot of people are getting caught by this feature.

As for the battery is it a single one or a pair ? Have you left it on charge for an hour to see what happens?

Also what leds come on when you press the button on that pack or packs.

Did you pull down and hold the throttle for 3 seconds?

It seems a lot of people are getting caught by this feature.

As for the battery is it a single one or a pair ? Have you left it on charge for an hour to see what happens?

Also what leds come on when you press the button on that pack or packs.

1. Yes. And nothing.
2. Pair. I left it on charge for a night. Same result : 2 red diods.
3. 1 white led diod on every battery.

In my particular case, i had pulled down on the stick for 3 seconds , landed in this same area literally a hundred times....... i wondered to myself if this has to do with the feature that levels the camera when coming in for a landing.... ugh.

In my particular case, i had pulled down on the stick for 3 seconds , landed in this same area literally a hundred times....... i wondered to myself if this has to do with the feature that levels the camera when coming in for a landing.... ugh.

From tests I just did the camera will only level if Auto Landing Gear is enabled and has the delay before landing. I did not have to hold the stick down to land with Auto Landing Gear disabled and the gimbal did not raise from looking straight down.

Reactions: PatrickP
There's another part to landing protection which is meant to use the downward vision system to 'scan' the landing zone under the aircraft to see if it's safe to land.

I don't know what criteria it works to, but I do know from earlier in the year when I was trying to work out some issues with landing once the battery was around critical level, landing protection gets in the way badly.

I had a few scenarios where the I2 hit critical power exactly as i was about to land. When Landing protection was enabled, the I2 would flag up a warning message and ask if you wanted to land... it was way to easy to accidentally clear/negate the warning and cancel the auto landing that the I2 was trying to initiate by pressing c1/c2 which would dismiss the message and cancel the landing leaving the I2 in the air... if you then tried to land manually (which you'd just been doing anyway!), it would refuse to land as it seemed to have started the landing protection scanning over again, if you then moved the sticks to try and waggle the aircraft in to doing what you wanted, it confused it even more as the landing area changed ... and it had to redo the scan again... all of which was happening as everything is beeping at you and you're getting stressed and beginning to panic because the darned thing won't do what you tell it and land.... you end up toggling the gear up/down, moving the I2 around trying to get it to land... the first few times it happened, I didn't even see the warnings on screen, I only found them in the logs afterwards when trying to analyse what had happened.

After testing various bits, I figured life was a whole lot less stress if auto gear, ground proximity and landing protection where disabled. Since turning them off, I've never had the I2 baulk at landing again. Quite the opposite - I've had it plonk itself down on the landing pad a couple of times because I was being to gentle/slow for it :D , but that's all.

(And before anyone has a go at me for flying to the critical extremes... it was done deliberately to train my responses to the I2, test the aircraft behaviour, and to find out how it handled and what could go wrong... I don't normally fly to 10% or lower ;) )

Reactions: PatrickP
There's another part to landing protection which is meant to use the downward vision system to 'scan' the landing zone under the aircraft to see if it's safe to land.

I don't know what criteria it works to, but I do know from earlier in the year when I was trying to work out some issues with landing once the battery was around critical level, landing protection gets in the way badly.

I had a few scenarios where the I2 hit critical power exactly as i was about to land. When Landing protection was enabled, the I2 would flag up a warning message and ask if you wanted to land... it was way to easy to accidentally clear/negate the warning and cancel the auto landing that the I2 was trying to initiate by pressing c1/c2 which would dismiss the message and cancel the landing leaving the I2 in the air... if you then tried to land manually (which you'd just been doing anyway!), it would refuse to land as it seemed to have started the landing protection scanning over again, if you then moved the sticks to try and waggle the aircraft in to doing what you wanted, it confused it even more as the landing area changed ... and it had to redo the scan again... all of which was happening as everything is beeping at you and you're getting stressed and beginning to panic because the darned thing won't do what you tell it and land.... you end up toggling the gear up/down, moving the I2 around trying to get it to land... the first few times it happened, I didn't even see the warnings on screen, I only found them in the logs afterwards when trying to analyse what had happened.

After testing various bits, I figured life was a whole lot less stress if auto gear, ground proximity and landing protection where disabled. Since turning them off, I've never had the I2 baulk at landing again. Quite the opposite - I've had it plonk itself down on the landing pad a couple of times because I was being to gentle/slow for it :D , but that's all.

(And before anyone has a go at me for flying to the critical extremes... it was done deliberately to train my responses to the I2, test the aircraft behaviour, and to find out how it handled and what could go wrong... I don't normally fly to 10% or lower ;) )

Thank you for the advice ,Turned off landing protection, I've never actually used autolanding anyway....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes