Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire out over the Pacific - My first Inspire video

I was talking strictly about the cameras themselves. I own 5 GoPros and use them for more than just aerials. But as far as the platforms go (and I own both):

My P2 can go much farther in RF noisy conditions (so far, I get 2-3x the distance out of the P2). It can fly higher than 500M (which is a lock you can't override on the I1). Other than that.... nothing. Except cost.

Good points. Thanks :)

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Great video I don't see any lack of smoothes. Very well done. I was looking forward to fly my inspire :( I received it on Tuesday and was planning to fly it on Saturday but with the propellers issue I won't. Are you still planning to fly despite DJI warnings or are you going to wait for the propeller locks?

Great video I don't see any lack of smoothes. Very well done. I was looking forward to fly my inspire :( I received it on Tuesday and was planning to fly it on Saturday but with the propellers issue I won't. Are you still planning to fly despite DJI warnings or are you going to wait for the propeller locks?

Thanks Carlos. This was before they fixed some issues concerning the yaw drift and such, so I'm sure I could do better now.

I am continuing to fly. I actually flew through 3 batteries this morning without issue after updating the firmware. I made sure to tighten my props as much as possible by hand before take off and after 3 flights they were still very snug. I've had a prop come off on a phantom 2 before, I was flying in 20+ MPH winds in manual mode working my way back against the wind. I know it's a possibility with any prop system like DJI's, but without a heavy wind I'm not too worried. I've had about 20 total flights on my inspire so far.

Reactions: carlos najera
I have flown lots of different multi rotors over the years and am quite happy with how the Inspire handles. The camera is a definite step up from a GoPro Hero4 black IMHO. Please pardon the lack of smoothness, this video was filmed during my second ever Inspire flight, so I was still getting used to the controls.

This video was edited and colored in FCPX. I shot in 4K 24P in the LOG color profile.

Let me know what you think!
Great video! I am looking at whether to get another Phantom 2, or the Inspire, and I've seen great video from each. I've heard people claim the GP4 is better and others that the Inspire's camera (like you) is better. I suspect over time that will all become clearer.

Is the Inspire 1 back-packable like the P2? I know it is 2x the weight of the P2 . . .

Last edited:
Great video! I am looking at whether to get another Phantom 2, or the Inspire, and I've seen great video from each. I've heard people claim the GP4 is better and others that the Inspire's camera (like you) is better. I suspect over time that will all become clearer.

Is the Inspire 1 back-packable like the P2? I know it is 2x the weight of the P2 . . .

Hello,
Thanks for watching. Check out other videos on my YouTube channel for lots of videos filmed with a Phantom 2 for a comparison. Basically this is what it boils down to... If you need/want to shoot 4K, the Phantom 2 will not work for you. You CAN shoot 4K on a GoPro, but it doesn't look that good(wide angle) and you end up with props in the shot every time you fly forward. If you're happy to shoot at 2.7K medium, a Phantom is a great kit. I personally own both right now and I can tell you that the Inspire camera looks better 90% of the time. Having camera controls on the ground is also essential if you're serious about getting high quality video.

There are people here who would argue with me, I'm sure. But, watch one of my videos shot on a phantom, then watch the Inspire video and compare. The overall production value of the Inspire's video is better.

As for backpacking, no one has a backpack case for the Inspire... Yet. It will come though, I'm sure. you could easily strap it to the outside of a decent pack though and transport it that way. I've also seen people get straps for the hard care that turn it into a backpack.

Reactions: catware
Hello,
Thanks for watching. Check out other videos on my YouTube channel for lots of videos filmed with a Phantom 2 for a comparison. Basically this is what it boils down to... If you need/want to shoot 4K, the Phantom 2 will not work for you. You CAN shoot 4K on a GoPro, but it doesn't look that good(wide angle) and you end up with props in the shot every time you fly forward. If you're happy to shoot at 2.7K medium, a Phantom is a great kit. I personally own both right now and I can tell you that the Inspire camera looks better 90% of the time. Having camera controls on the ground is also essential if you're serious about getting high quality video.

There are people here who would argue with me, I'm sure. But, watch one of my videos shot on a phantom, then watch the Inspire video and compare. The overall production value of the Inspire's video is better.

As for backpacking, no one has a backpack case for the Inspire... Yet. It will come though, I'm sure. you could easily strap it to the outside of a decent pack though and transport it that way. I've also seen people get straps for the hard care that turn it into a backpack.
Thanks for that good information. My other consideration is what fits in checked luggage, for both size and weight. Obviously I need another P2 AND an Inspire. Or a P2 and an S900 fully loaded.

Great vids on your channel!

Thanks Carlos. This was before they fixed some issues concerning the yaw drift and such, so I'm sure I could do better now.

I am continuing to fly. I actually flew through 3 batteries this morning without issue after updating the firmware. I made sure to tighten my props as much as possible by hand before take off and after 3 flights they were still very snug. I've had a prop come off on a phantom 2 before, I was flying in 20+ MPH winds in manual mode working my way back against the wind. I know it's a possibility with any prop system like DJI's, but without a heavy wind I'm not too worried. I've had about 20 total flights on my inspire so far.

Good luck I guess ill wait I was really anxious to fly it but DJI has scared me. Any way keep posting those great videos!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart