Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire seems to drift left when going forward.

Reaction score
Ever since I received my AC it has seemed to drift slightly left when going forward. I don't notice it when the aircraft has any altitude only when it is near the ground 5-6 feet off the ground. It may very well happen in the air but it is much more difficult to tell.

I am also not sure if it is really drifting or if it is optical illusions.

Just curious if anyone else has it or if I am just being nitpicky.

This is normally caused by a compass issue. Does it hover steadily or do you notice any circular drift in hover? If you don't already make sure you calibrate your compass away from any metal objects before taking off.

Have noticed a similar thing together with a drop in altitude of 4 to 6 feet which slowly recovers as forward flight continues. IMU flickering between 1.00 60% of then time, 0.99 15% of the time and 1.01 25% of the time. Compass flickering between 1620 and 1550.

I don't think it is a compass issue. I calibrate in the middle of a field. I even set the controller down, take off, my coat (metal zippers) and walk about 50ft away from them to do the dance. Its hard to say for sure, but I am wondering if the optical flow has something to do with it. GDC2510 I too have noticed altitude drop but I attributed it to the ground changing since I live on a fairly hilly property. I don't know, not sure if it really matters I mean I am there to pilot it just worried something like the compass is bad (I had a compass error in flight last week) and this is a symptom of something more serious.

So here is a video of what I am talking about. You can clearly see it rotate to the left just slightly right after I begin going forward. there is no wind and my left hand was not even on the controller.

Yes I did notice this too.But now I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore.The only problem is when I fly far away I have to pay a bit more attention to my radar,because it's not Always straight back.Also when I move forward the Inspire drops down a few feet and started to climb back when I stop.

Yes I did notice this too.But now I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore.The only problem is when I fly far away I have to pay a bit more attention to my radar,because it's not Always straight back.Also when I move forward the Inspire drops down a few feet and started to climb back when I stop.
Did you notice mine pull hard to the left when I stopped and it reverse braked? Does yours do that as well?

this is normal behavior for the beginning of any flight, after a couple of forward and backs, it will start going straight.

this is normal behavior for the beginning of any flight, after a couple of forward and backs, it will start going straight.
Yeap that's right!That is why I don't care about it.Always do some fast manoeuvres when I fly away and I notice that the Inspire is ok.

well I fixed it! before I bought my inspire I had a phantom 2 vision+ ver. 3. I only had it about 2 weeks and it flew great UNTIL i did an IMU calibration. after which it was drifting all over. Going to the forums i found many people with the same issue and it was attributed to the IMU being EXTREMELY sensitive to being exactly level. I did not want to deal with this and returned it and bought the inspire. So I was thinking the other day "Maybe this is because of the IMU cal." So I went out yesterday and bought a $75 dollar level that is mechanical and digital. I set it on my table and put the level across all the motors finding that the left side of the craft was just slightly out of level. I used sheets of paper to shim up the sides until they were all level and then did the IMU calibration. took it out and it is 100% better. So those of you that are experiencing the same thing maybe it is something worth looking at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry