Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire

Reaction score
I fly in same place all time . I just gone to fly and I have no satellites for gps ? I have updating firmwear . Still same no satellites [emoji930]?

I fly in same place all time . I just gone to fly and I have no satellites for gps ? I have updating firmwear . Still same no satellites [emoji930]?
But you have sold all your drones!

So now you are flying at night as well?

Just how many more laws and rules are you going to break before you nearly kill someone (rhetorical).

Your total lack of knowledge and understanding of your UAS is actually alarming. From the questions you are asking I doubt you have even read the user manual and yet you are flying over primary schools with a UAV that has previously crashed and not been checked over by anyone competent!

Members on here have attempted to help as well as point out you are flying against many rules within the Air Navigation Order/Drone Code.

However you seem totally unwilling to take others advice (unless it's a way to fly further and further) and appear to have total disregard for the laws that would allow you to fly safely and enjoy your hobby.

So unless you are willing to have a change of attitude I suggest you get your 'help' elsewhere.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
hi I am loaded with strobes and I don’t fly to far at nite . What is your problem ?everytime I say something you have your head in the rule book ? You sound like the drone police . I am doing no harm am flying over a filed . Feel like smashing the bloody thin up

hi I am loaded with strobes and I don’t fly to far at nite . What is your problem ?everytime I say something you have your head in the rule book ? You sound like the drone police . I am doing no harm am flying over a filed . Feel like smashing the bloody thin up
Probably because every time you type something it's to ask how to do something else illegal.

This isn't the forum for that and you won't get any help trying to do so.

Why can you not just fly legally?
It's a simple question.

So sorry I sorted it . Silly me coz I put skin wrap on bird lost all satellites [emoji930] took it off and now hitting 2 miles agen . Sorry for the trouble .. [emoji91][emoji91]?

The skin I put on yes .skin just killed my satellites ? .had foil in the wrap ! Took it off and boom hitting miles

The skin I put on yes .skin just killed my satellites ? .had foil in the wrap ! Took it off and boom hitting miles

LOL!!!! Foil is a friend and I do not believe having skins contributed to your problems. The underlying problem falls on the operator not knowing its system.

I put a skin wrap on my bird and it killed all my gps . It woz a roll of 2tone wrap.not wrap for drones ! . I did not no it had foil in the wrap . So yes make sure you buy drone skin wrap .

Interesting thread, which kind of bolsters one of my points on the 107. Here's a guy who clearly knows nothing about his drone and satellite acquisition. Had he taken the 107, he would know no more about satellite acquisition than he knows now (I know he may not be in the U.S., but that's not the point).

By a show of hands, how many think that "satellite acquisition" should be part of the 107 test?

D

Interesting thread, which kind of bolsters one of my points on the 107. Here's a guy who clearly knows nothing about his drone and satellite acquisition. Had he taken the 107, he would know no more about satellite acquisition than he knows now (I know he may not be in the U.S., but that's not the point).

By a show of hands, how many think that "satellite acquisition" should be part of the 107 test?

D
I've just passed Basic UAV Pilot Certificate exam (not Advanced for commercial operators), as required by new Canadian rules. I was under impression that after over 5 years of experience flying various DJI quads (with M200 at top of my equipment list) and 2 separate ground school sessions I'll be well prepared ... Wrong. My first attempt resulted in embarrassing failure. Second attempt weeks later after extensive study of potentially related topics rendered a pass, but ... About 75% of ground school training and exam topics are ridiculously NOT RELATED to the scope of our typical operations, recreational in particular. Although things like satellite acquisition, compass readings and other specific aspects of drone operation are well covered, I couldn't care less about - say - runways marking code, the purpose of rudder stick in between Cessna pilot's legs or radio communication vocabulary. Oh yes, nothing wrong with knowing that ...

However, the more I'm thinking about new rules implementation, the more I'm convinced that this is right. It's just the one and only way to sift unwillingly ignorant pilots out. It will not, however, eliminate willingly ignorant ones.

No amount of knowledge about full scale aviation will guarantee safe UAV operation. Good pilot knows what's right and what's wrong or plain stupid. Good pilots know that flying BVLOS at high attitude will render trouble free and safe operation 99% of the time ...

Last edited:
I've just passed Basic UAV Pilot Certificate exam (not Advanced for commercial operators), as required by new Canadian rules. I was under impression that after over 5 years of experience flying various DJI quads (with M200 at top of my equipment list) and 2 separate ground school sessions I'll be well prepared ... Wrong. My first attempt resulted in embarrassing failure. Second attempt weeks later after extensive study of potentially related topics rendered a pass, but ... About 75% of ground school training and exam topics are ridiculously NOT RELATED to the scope of our typical operations, recreational in particular. Although things like satellite acquisition, compass readings and other specific aspects of drone operation are well covered, I couldn't care less about - say - runaways marking code, the purpose of rudder stick in between Cessna pilot's legs or radio communication vocabulary. Oh yes, nothing wrong with knowing that ...

However, the more I'm thinking about new rules implementation, the more I'm convinced that this is right. It's just the one and only way to sift unwillingly ignorant pilots out. It will not, however, eliminate willingly ignorant ones.

No amount of knowledge about full scale aviation will guarantee safe UAV operation. Good pilot knows what's right and what's wrong or plain stupid. Good pilots know that flying BVLOS at high attitude will render trouble free and safe operation 99% of the time ...

The questions on the US version covers airport signage...like on the landing strip. WHAT?!?!! So we ARE allowed to fly on an airport landing strip?!?!?! LOL...idiots....

Also covers things like weather patterns, cloud formations, etc., all germane to flying HUNDREDS of miles....NOT hundreds of FEET. METARS???? I'll never look at one. Ever. I use Windy.com to check wind patterns. If I feel like it may be a little windy, I check telemetry. You can tell if the UAV is fighting the wind by the extreme tilt of the UAV. Why isn't THIS covered??? If I think it might be too windy, I put the bird in ATTI mode and, again, check the telemetry. How fast is the wind pushing my bird?? I've had the wind push my UAV up to 32 mph. That's it. I call it DONE for the day. Why don't they cover this very valuable safety technique in the 107?? How about battery management?? That stuff is important! NOT covered. And on and on and on.... The 107 test is just short of ridiculous IMHO. I PRAISE the authors for covering NAS, which is GREAT! But other than that, they do NOT ask questions they SHOULD be asking, and they ask a bunch of crap questions they should NOT be asking.

D

The questions on the US version covers airport signage...like on the landing strip. WHAT?!?!! So we ARE allowed to fly on an airport landing strip?!?!?! LOL...idiots....

Also covers things like weather patterns, cloud formations, etc., all germane to flying HUNDREDS of miles....NOT hundreds of FEET. METARS???? I'll never look at one. Ever. I use Windy.com to check wind patterns. If I feel like it may be a little windy, I check telemetry. You can tell if the UAV is fighting the wind by the extreme tilt of the UAV. Why isn't THIS covered??? If I think it might be too windy, I put the bird in ATTI mode and, again, check the telemetry. How fast is the wind pushing my bird?? I've had the wind push my UAV up to 32 mph. That's it. I call it DONE for the day. Why don't they cover this very valuable safety technique in the 107?? How about battery management?? That stuff is important! NOT covered. And on and on and on.... The 107 test is just short of ridiculous IMHO. I PRAISE the authors for covering NAS, which is GREAT! But other than that, they do NOT ask questions they SHOULD be asking, and they ask a bunch of crap questions they should NOT be asking.

D
I just used only few examples of unrelated exam topics, you add few other. One of the funniest questions was about the time required to neutralize a bottle of Jack D before flight. The proper answer is 12 hrs ... No, seriously! I think Transport Canada authorities simply copied the poll of exam questions assembled by FAA and modified slightly to address Canadian specific issues. Like you've said before, I doubt if anybody there ever operated any drone. Even more absurd fact is that they also released a list of approved drone brands without a single DJI product, not even Freefly Alta. None of these listed brands (most of them I've never heard of before) are equipped with safety features even remotely close to what DJI's offering. The list, however, was updated with some DJI drones just recently.

I'm a certified recreational UAV pilot now, having no need for Advanced certificate and commercial operations. All my birds are registered and decorated with licence numbers. Yahooo!!!

BTW, I would bet the next move will be hard-wired range limitation to 500 m radius, at least for consumer class drones ...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido