Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Intelligent flight modes coming Sept 7

So based upon the statement made in the famous DJI email dated 27/04/2015:

"Ground Station
Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map."

To what degree is the upcoming FW/App version going to deliver to the commitment?

So based upon the statement made in the famous DJI email dated 27/04/2015:

"Ground Station
Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map."

To what degree is the upcoming FW/App version going to deliver to the commitment?

A lawyer can make that true in the new app.

Ie: it may not work the way you expected it to and any assumption of "on a map" meaning using points you set or select on a map won't be possible based on statements by DJI reps.

But they will be waypoints, and you could look at the map while flying so...sure. It will be true :)

What solutions do you need to do your job better? In the current state of legislation and with public safety in mind, I don't really see very many benefits from autonomous features at all.
Autoair im guessing you live in the US? Keep in mind that there are many other users in many other countries around the world and we all have different restrictions. Your statement assumes you know what other users need and you are assuming what restrictions we have in our countries. I personally really need autonomous flights preplanned in order to do my job effectively.

Has anyone been able to find any instructions on how to use the new features? Any screen shots or basics? Any help in finding out how to use the features before trying them in an actual flight would be appreciated.

Has anyone been able to find any instructions on how to use the new features? Any screen shots or basics? Any help in finding out how to use the features before trying them in an actual flight would be appreciated.

You can only access while flying. Take off, then switch from P to F mode. Options will present themselves. Follow the prompts and experiment. Someone mentioned it works in the simulator mode. So if you have the IOS app, then you can try that.

A gentleman who got the updates hours before US went out and produced an example idea here (
)

Reactions: jon b
A gentleman who got the updates hours before US went out and produced an example idea here (
)
and there's another link here that shows the different camera modes while using waypoints and (since this was a phantom3 demo) shows follow me, which would have been a nice to have for Inspire.

I'm jumping based on the demos. Now this really opens up reliable, repeatable paths to allow the camera op to get their moves down pat. Owners of the second remote will start getting their monies worth now.

Safe repeatable flight paths, better camera movements... A great step forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo