Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Intelligent Navigation Modes

The P-A-F switch needs to remain in the F position to access and operate the IN modes. Switching to ATTI or P-GPS will cancel the current IN mode. If you select F and don't select an IN mode, you get F-GPS which is P-GPS with a selection dialog filling the app screen. The simulator has all the IN functions and is accessed by tapping the question mark (?) at the top right of the GO app home screen.

Thanks Mark I kept hitting that little thing on the left of the APP! It is a shame they don't have a simulator android. (I use a mini2 for my I1)
thank you again.

I am really amazed that a billion dollar company cannot produce a simple instructional video telling us how this stuff works and give us some of their recommendations on how to fully utilize this software. No manual. Just rely on users who can give good information and can also give info that is not accurate. A basic video tutorial costs peanuts to produce. I think it's really great that this Intelligent Navigation system has been added...but I think it's really irresponsible to not provide decent instruction...maybe it's the language thing, but relying on your customers to provide adequate instruction is pretty bush-league, in my view.

Have you ever read chinese translated to english directions? Sometimes its easier to figure it out yourself instead of trying to decipher them as much is lost in translation. Just look at the layout and wording of this forum for example. Youd think they could afford to hire at least one native english speaking expert though, their lack of documentation really is quite disturbing. I much prefer typed documentation, i loathe having to sit through a 20 min video which is mostly crap i dont care about in order to find the info i want. Written documentation with a table of contents finds it in seconds FTW!! Youd also think they could optimize their app and release bug free firmware since they are beta testing it now. Cant really be that difficult to detect the major bugs that are getting through you wouldnt think unless their beta testing pool is small and inexperienced. They really need to step up their game imo.

Reactions: Drone Mastery
Have you ever read chinese translated to english directions? Sometimes its easier to figure it out yourself instead of trying to decipher them as much is lost in translation. Just look at the layout and wording of this forum for example. Youd think they could afford to hire at least one native english speaking expert though, their lack of documentation really is quite disturbing. I much prefer typed documentation, i loathe having to sit through a 20 min video which is mostly crap i dont care about in order to find the info i want. Written documentation with a table of contents finds it in seconds FTW!! Youd also think they could optimize their app and release bug free firmware since they are beta testing it now. Cant really be that difficult to detect the major bugs that are getting through you wouldnt think unless their beta testing pool is small and inexperienced. They really need to step up their game imo.
What major bugs are you referring to?

Current or past? lol, too many to list, dont you read the forums? lots of people have the same problems after every release. Tilted horizon issue still exists for many people, self discharging batteries causes them to suddenly drop from 30% to 6% instantly, does the flight logs stuff work yet? Poorly coded apps requiring more cpu power than they should need which causes overheating devices to start displaying choppy video feed, firmware doesnt install correctly for many people(id have to assume its due to issues with different versions of the inspire, i refuse to believe that many people have problems because they are just to dumb to do it correctly, its so simple), loss of signal strength, slower top speeds, esc errors after update, camera doesnt work after update, more gps drifting variance in flight, android app lacking the same features that the apple app has even though android is a far more popular being used by more people worldwide than apple, i could go on for days but im sure youve seen them all already.

Current or past? lol, too many to list, dont you read the forums? lots of people have the same problems after every release. Tilted horizon issue still exists for many people, self discharging batteries causes them to suddenly drop from 30% to 6% instantly, does the flight logs stuff work yet? Poorly coded apps requiring more cpu power than they should need which causes overheating devices to start displaying choppy video feed, firmware doesnt install correctly for many people(id have to assume its due to issues with different versions of the inspire, i refuse to believe that many people have problems because they are just to dumb to do it correctly, its so simple), loss of signal strength, slower top speeds, esc errors after update, camera doesnt work after update, more gps drifting variance in flight, android app lacking the same features that the apple app has even though android is a far more popular being used by more people worldwide than apple, i could go on for days but im sure youve seen them all already.
Ah. The same old gripe list. I have been flying for 5 months now with over 200 flights and over 40 hours. The performance is excellent and the range well within my legal constraints. Apart from one battery drop off (which was my own fault), I have not seen or experienced any of the issues you keep quoting. I have flown the latest firmware for the past 2 weeks multiple times a day without any problems and know DJI has reacted to and fixed any significant issues raised. I suggest you might like to try the latest version and be able to use your Inspire to the full. Alternatively, you can stick with your old firmware and stop carping from the sidelines.

Reactions: Andreas
Ah. The same old gripe list. I have been flying for 5 months now with over 200 flights and over 40 hours. The performance is excellent and the range well within my legal constraints. Apart from one battery drop off (which was my own fault), I have not seen or experienced any of the issues you keep quoting. I have flown the latest firmware for the past 2 weeks multiple times a day without any problems and know DJI has reacted to and fixed any significant issues raised. I suggest you might like to try the latest version and be able to use your Inspire to the full. Alternatively, you can stick with your old firmware and stop carping from the sidelines.
my old firmware has less issues than the new versions potentially, other than the flight log stuff not being that accurate which i dont really care about anyway and the tilted horizon which affects many people still even on new firmware. it flies great and i like it the way it is, if it aint broke dont fix it! I have zero use for the new auto flight features, they are an accident waiting to happen if you arent careful, I dont even use RTH, too much room for error without constant close supervision and since it goes so slow and lands up to 20ft from take off position which can potentially be in a bad spot. its just faster and easier to fly manually. Nice to know its there in case of a signal loss or something but thats about all its good for imo. my older android app version has way less crash lag problems due to the google play services app being updated and dji not using the new version but even lots of apple users are having this problem as well, clearly their app needs some optimization for both platforms.

Anyway yes its true that not everyone has all these problems but you frequent this forum a lot and you have to see how many people all do have them, the forum explodes with new issues after every update, common problems shared by many. DJI is largely silent on the issues, their tech support is seeming outsourced to clueless call center hacks who know virtually nothing and tell everyone to send it in and wait two months to hear anything. You are aware there are 4 versions of the inspire?, there has to be a common cause for so many people to have the same issues after every update. Clearly not all version are affected as many people are indeed flying virtually trouble free, or dont notice the issues cause they dont use the features. Its nearly impossible to tell what version the people having all the issues have but there are simply too many people with the same issue for it to be a fluke or user error.

As for documentation....
See page 59 of the manual. It isn't in depth, but it got me through. Of course, the guidance here in this forum will prove to be much more beneficial.

Hey guys, I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but here goes... Will the new IN modes work with a non-cellular iPad Air 2?

I haven't downloaded yet Chris but I do believe it will. You'll just need to
"cache" the maps on wifi before you get to your flying site. From what I've heard on this thread you won't even need that to set waypoints. Anyone else care to chime in? I've got the same air 2 w/o cell service

No he didn't read a manual. He learned it by flying the software and is trying to guide users here with that knowledge.

PS: It is the Scottish 'Scot' not the american misspelling 'Scott'.
Folks read the new manual page 60. It briefly explains the IOC operation and new features. Then fly the simulator. Then fly the UAV. Works as advertised. I agree that DJI could at least direct users to the place in the NEW 1.4 user guide.

Reactions: Scotflieger
They will, but this is typical DJI. They get pushed to make an option, THEN release manual at a later date. It's called growing pains. They've been like this from Phantom1 days. I was all over their case when they released Phantom 1 then Phantom 2. A handful of us built Phantom 1.5s (Phantom1 reshelled to fit Phantom2 batteries. I flew a Phantom 1.5 on a 4S battery for 38 mins (which DJI said couldn't be done) now we're using 6S batteries in Inspire... they're learning at OUR speed.
Page 60 new 1.4 user guide.

Folks read the new manual page 60. It briefly explains the IOC operation and new features. Then fly the simulator. Then fly the UAV. Works as advertised. I agree that DJI could at least direct users to the place in the NEW 1.4 user guide.
If you look at the date of version 1.4 of the user manual (13 Aug) you will find that it has not been fully updated to the latest Intelligent Navigation (IN) modes available in FW 1.4.0.10. It also refers to IOC which is now replaced by IN.

Hey guys, I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but here goes... Will the new IN modes work with a non-cellular iPad Air 2?
You do not need a GPS (SIM) iPad to use the IN modes. None of the available modes is dependent on an accurate RC GPS position. However, the lack of GPS is one reason I believe why the Inspire cannot be used in Follow Me mode. The other is that is dangerous having viewed some videos.

You do not need a GPS (SIM) iPad to use the IN modes. None of the available modes is dependent on an accurate RC GPS position. However, the lack of GPS is one reason I believe why the Inspire cannot be used in Follow Me mode. The other is that is dangerous having viewed some videos.
Wouldn't the Follow Me directions come from the GPS in the RC?

New firmware question:
I was out testing the point of interest / circle around addition to the software this morning and it worked okay (nothing spectacular, I can do better on my own). Any how, I decided to record after the inspire began circling the object. I hid the new screen that was up and recorded for a couple of turns. Here's where my question come in: How do you get BACK to showing the small control screen to turn off point of interest?

Initially I tried to fight against the controls, but all it did was make things worse! After finally able to lower the drone, I had to physically grab the drone out of the air to stop it. It scared the crap out of me and I was alone with no one to help. **** near a disaster!

New firmware question:
I was out testing the point of interest / circle around addition to the software this morning and it worked okay (nothing spectacular, I can do better on my own). Any how, I decided to record after the inspire began circling the object. I hid the new screen that was up and recorded for a couple of turns. Here's where my question come in: How do you get BACK to showing the small control screen to turn off point of interest?

Initially I tried to fight against the controls, but all it did was make things worse! After finally able to lower the drone, I had to physically grab the drone out of the air to stop it. It scared the crap out of me and I was alone with no one to help. **** near a disaster!
When you hide the IN mode panels, you can bring them back by tapping the icon to the left of the green/red status panel at the top of the screen.

However, in your situation you should have moved the P-A-F switch back to ATTI or P-GPS to regain full control of the aircraft.

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
However, in your situation you should have moved the P-A-F switch back to ATTI or P-GPS to regain full control of the aircraft.
Thank you so much! I thought of that but was wasn't sure if it would just fall to the ground during the switch-over to P mode. So I made the safest decision: catch the aircraft by hand and shut it down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool