Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Interesting Thought

Reaction score
DJI has introduced the Mini 3. The core firmware that actually controls the thing, has alot of nice features. If, the design was thought thru, that same set of features (and more) could be migrated to the Inspire 3. One more way to minimize issues and have one nice package in the Inspire 3. Obstacle avoidance being one.

DJI has introduced the Mini 3. The core firmware that actually controls the thing, has alot of nice features. If, the design was thought thru, that same set of features (and more) could be migrated to the Inspire 3. One more way to minimize issues and have one nice package in the Inspire 3. Obstacle avoidance being one.
What features do you notice on the Mini 3 you think are better than the I2?

What features do you notice on the Mini 3 you think are better than the I2?
All I was trying to explain, the Common Core of programming, that does not change from one unit to another, would be useful for DJI. Features could be turned on and off based on the model. And would reduce errors in the code.

I do not know the I2 well enough.

But I do like the vertical image, estimated 45min flight time (probably 25-30), the special effects which seem so easy to launch, hazard avoidance. And the controler with an Led built in. And, the RAW format is also useful.

Last edited:
All I was trying to explain, the Common Core of programming, that does not change from one unit to another, would be useful for DJI. Features could be turned on and off based on the model. And would reduce errors in the code.

I do not know the I2 well enough.

But I do like the vertical image, estimated 45min flight time (probably 25-30), the special effects which seem so easy to launch, hazard avoidance. And the controler with an Led built in. And, the RAW format is also useful.
You might have misunderstood me, I was genuinely curious what features you like on the Mini 3. I don’t have a Mini 3 and I don’t know much about it. I have an I2 and Mini 2 and can certainly see there are a some improvements in the later models, the transmission range/reliability and to a lesser extent the hovering stability are the two things I’d like to see updated on the I3.

More flight time is always nice but on the I2, for me personally, for what I do with it I don’t find it to be an issue. Now if I could get twice as much flight time out of a pair of batteries so I could lug around half as many that’s something I could really get on board with.

So the mini 3 has an LED on the remote? What does that do?

The Remote has an Led panel that replaces the iPhone or iPad. One less thing to worry about.

I view the Inspire series and the Mini 3 as two distinct, seperate tools to use for photography. Factors such as price, stability, longevity, camera(s), all play a part.

I suggest you view the videos on DJI for the Mini 3. That would go a long ways to learn of it. I see flight time, portability, vertical image, cost, availabiity of batteries and repair, fresh 'technology' (an overused term).

Without actually using one for a while, I would question image stability, image resolution, one F Stop (1,7), and robustness of the entire package.

The Remote has an Led panel that replaces the iPhone or iPad. One less thing to worry about.

I view the Inspire series and the Mini 3 as two distinct, seperate tools to use for photography. Factors such as price, stability, longevity, camera(s), all play a part.

I suggest you view the videos on DJI for the Mini 3. That would go a long ways to learn of it. I see flight time, portability, vertical image, cost, availabiity of batteries and repair, fresh 'technology' (an overused term).

Without actually using one for a while, I would question image stability, image resolution, one F Stop (1,7), and robustness of the entire package.
Oh the built in screen, I see what you mean. I have a Crystal Sky for the I2 but you’re right that’s another thing that needs updating.

I watched the video and I do really like the ability to tilt the gimbal further upwards. That’s a long overdue feature for DJI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen