Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOC / Course Lock now active after update?

Reaction score
FYI

I've been running some tests since this latest firmware update and found that if you toggle the flight mode switch on the controller to 'F' a modal box now appears with info about using the IOC 'Course Lock' function?!

I tried it out in the simulator and it seems to work, haven't tried it on an actual flight yet. It also appears when in camera and map modes so I'm guessing its available for use. Note the blue 'CL' button in the top bar. Interestingly in the flight modes menu, if you try and toggle the IOC switch which has been there since the start it just toggles back (inactive button I guess).

My basic understanding of course lock is that it just resets the 'front' of the aircraft to a new angle of your choice. I have never really understood the actual reasons why someone might want to use the course lock feature, but I would love to see an example and explanation though.

IMG_0006.PNG

FYI

I've been running some tests since this latest firmware update and found that if you toggle the flight mode switch on the controller to 'F' a modal box now appears with info about using the IOC 'Course Lock' function?!

I tried it out in the simulator and it seems to work, haven't tried it on an actual flight yet. It also appears when in camera and map modes so I'm guessing its available for use. Note the blue 'CL' button in the top bar. Interestingly in the flight modes menu, if you try and toggle the IOC switch which has been there since the start it just toggles back (inactive button I guess).

My basic understanding of course lock is that it just resets the 'front' of the aircraft to a new angle of your choice. I have never really understood the actual reasons why someone might want to use the course lock feature, but I would love to see an example and explanation though.

View attachment 1373
Course lock has always been there, Home lock has not been implemented (yet). Therefore we only have partial IOC.
You're not discovering or stating anything new I'm afraid.

Found this on the dji Inspire Forum, posted by dji:

"Since the Inspire controller is based on the A2, some of the features you requested are possible. I don't know if they are on the developmental schedule for the Inspire. POI is already apart of the Inspire firmware as is Dynamic Home Point. The ground station functions will follow with future firmware upgrades."

(URL: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2229)

I'm trying to figure out what this means ...

Has anybody out there tried the POI function in IOC?
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
There is no POI within IOC. Additionally IOC is only partially implemented on the Inspire. we have Course Lock but no Home Lock (yet)
Ground station function has been announced (today) but no POI.

Reactions: Zato
Found this on the dji Inspire Forum, posted by dji:

"Since the Inspire controller is based on the A2, some of the features you requested are possible. I don't know if they are on the developmental schedule for the Inspire. POI is already apart of the Inspire firmware as is Dynamic Home Point. The ground station functions will follow with future firmware upgrades."

(URL: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2229)

I'm trying to figure out what this means ...
No - look at the date of that post from Ed. It was back in November. POI was always scheduled for the Inspire but as yet it has not been implemented.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
There is no POI within IOC. Additionally IOC is only partially implemented on the Inspire. we have Course Lock but no Home Lock (yet)
Ground station function has been announced (today) but no POI.

Thank you, Mr Editor, both for the welcome, and the kind reply. I saw the announced update, and wondered how much dji is feeling the 3DR Solo pressure. A good thing, though ....

Yeah, it's pretty lame that advertised functions pre-sale aren't implemented yet. POI and way point navigation would be great to have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm realy impressed with everything I can accomplish with this aircraft, but it sure would be nice if it actually came with the capabilities it was advertised to have pre-sale.

DJI, if you're listening...make it happen. 3dr has already eclipsed the capabilities if the I1 with the solo. It's time to step up and make it right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop