Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOS 10 update rendering barometer void

google/dot/com + experiencing it myself The app that actually revealed this issue was Autopilot. Then saw threads related to this data to back it up for ios10. And..
I'm making a decent assumption that all apps for DJI are using similar APIs. In turn if sensor data can be passed between the rc (and any additional computer associated with rc) and craft, via functions made through the open SDK or not is of concern. I've only seen it in Autopilot, but general IOS threads are verifying that the barometer is indeed having issues/not working. What you do with that information is up to you.

google/dot/com + experiencing it myself The app that actually revealed this issue was Autopilot. Then saw threads related to this data to back it up for ios10. And..
I'm making a decent assumption that all apps for DJI are using similar APIs. In turn if sensor data can be passed between the rc (and any additional computer associated with rc) and craft, via functions made through the open SDK or not is of concern. I've only seen it in Autopilot, but general IOS threads are verifying that the barometer is indeed having issues/not working. What you do with that information is up to you.
OK, thanks. I'm not running iOS 10 so I have not come accross it (still on 9.xx).
Thank you for the heads up.

Reactions: JamesSpringPilot
Yeah, I did the 24hr wait option on for the upgrade and I woke up to ios10. =/
Just saw this evening when I was getting warnings of no barometer found on my ipad and iphone in Autopilot. Thought it might be the craft but checked google out and there were a bunch of threads on it. Not sure how much of an impact this would have on the DJI GO app, as its using the craft for the flight controller, but a faulty barometer one side could be problematic regardless. Hopefully the issues will be quashed within the week.

Reactions: JamesSpringPilot
As a heads up, ios 10 is not allowing 3rd party apps barometer access (if your device has one). Stay on 9 till they fix this bug.

My 3rd party apps are working just fine with the Baro. In fact ForeFlight has cleared iOS10 for flight use

Not sure where you read/saw/got this info... the issue still exists. =/

Let me google that for you

Here I'll do better than google about a BETA release software issue.

Foreflight clears iOS10 for use with foreflight. As a commercially rated pilot I use Foreflight when flying and in order for it to be cleared all functionalities must be supported including the Barometric altitude reporting

Apple iOS 10 and ForeFlight

Not a beta issue. Also BETA bugs carry over to release. It could be the way Apple is interfacing the sensors to accommodate for the new devices...
There are multiple threads on it.. barometric pressure apps are warning users about the problem, for example.
It appears as its hitting iPads only perhaps...

This is just a friendly heads up, not trying to say a piece of software is subpar.

Last edited:
Hmm, is yours cellular? I'm using an Air 2 w/ cell. I will have to try it on my wife's ipad which is wifi only.

Besides the GPS in the RC? Or is this out of the context of DJI?
Anyways, I wish it was only my device but its looking like thats not the truth.
I'll have to dink around a bit with my phone and the wifi ipad.

Besides the GPS in the RC? Or is this out of the context of DJI?
Anyways, I wish it was only my device but its looking like thats not the truth.
I'll have to dink around a bit with my phone and the wifi ipad.
The GPS in the RC cannot be relied upon as it is designed badly and invariably gives a poor or no signal. DJI have been aware of this from day one but have not addressed or redesigned the antenna placement in later model remotes.

Downgraded to 9.x and I'm back to full working order as using an Ipad Air 2 (cell) for my RC. So hopefully this helps someone if they run into something similar.
I did not know the extent of the poor GPS receiver in the RC (I actually bought a cellular ipad to have as a secondary GPS). Will have to try using one of the larger gain GPS antenna as a supplement to the RC.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the post on the IOS 10 barometer. I am using an iPhone 6+ (with IOS 10) with my PV2+ and noticed a negative altitude (-555 ft) when flying the DJI VISION app. I closed the DJI app and opened a 3rd party app and almost immediately experienced an altitude run-away. Switched immediately to manual and landed the AC. Spent hours with DJI Tech support and they ran me through every calibration they could think of and still could not get altitude back to Zero (AGL). Does this sound like a problem with the IOS or aircraft/controller? Any thoughts please...

Just of the chat with Apple Support...they seem aware and are working on it...time unknown, chat below.

rgilvert

I have an iPad Pro and since the update to iOS10 my barometer does not work anymore? Can I do something to get this working again??

Simon

I can look into this. What barometer are we talking about?

rgilvert

the barometer in the iPad that measures pressure?? It is used to determine height in an app like AutoPilot that controls professional drones...

rgilvert

I checked also my iPhone 6+ and there all is ok, also running iOS10

Simon

Did this app work on your iPad Pro before you updated?

rgilvert

yes

Simon

Did you try reinstalling it?

rgilvert

and there is a lot of cases in many forums but have not seen an Apple reaction yet hence me reaching out to you

rgilvert

yes, the apps basically state that the device has no barometer

rgilvert

some people (and I don't want to do this) have resolved the issue by going back to iOS9

Simon

I see. Let me do a diagnostic of your iPad. You can allow it in the settings if you go to privacy and then to diagnostics.

rgilvert@

ok

Simon

You need internet connection. The diagnostic might take a few minutes.

rgilvert
its done, now stating 'waiting' ;)

Simon

Perfect. Give me some time to go through the results.

rgilvert

ok

rgilvert

its still stating waiting...

Simon

So the results show that your devise works just fine. Including the barometer. However, apparently Apple has received reports of the symptom you describe and is currently investigating this issue. Keep your software up-to-date using Software Update and I am confident the problem is solved soon.

rgilvert

ok, thanks

Simon

No problem. Thanks for your chat and your patience! Also check the Apps for future Updates. I am not exactly sure what side needs to deliver.

Reactions: Adrian Lane
Hello RMG1,
Thanks for the thread, good info. I have the iPhone 6+, what diagnostics can I run to see if the barometer is working? Will running this diagnostics invalidate my warranty on the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela