Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOS 10 update rendering barometer void

Hello RMG1,
Thanks for the thread, good info. I have the iPhone 6+, what diagnostics can I run to see if the barometer is working? Will running this diagnostics invalidate my warranty on the phone?

The diagnostic were done by an Apple Support person through a remote diagnostic service, don't know if we can do ourselves...

Greetings All,
Just got diagnostic back from Apple, all my iPhone 6+ sensors (barometer, compass, wifi, cell) are GOOD, so the problem has to be with the on-board altimeter on the PV2+. Sent it back to DJI today.

Greetings All,
Just got diagnostic back from Apple, all my iPhone 6+ sensors (barometer, compass, wifi, cell) are GOOD, so the problem has to be with the on-board altimeter on the PV2+. Sent it back to DJI today.

Has nothing to do with the PV2+, just rolled back to IOS9 and all is working again...either Apple changed they way 3rd party developers can work with the sensor or it is a bug on Apple's side.

Apologies if this is an obvious question, but when people are saying they're having issues with 3rd party apps and iOS 10 that use the barometer, does this include the DJI app, or just apps that are designed to fly DJI products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies if this is an obvious question, but when people are saying they're having issues with 3rd party apps and iOS 10 that use the barometer, does this include the DJI app, or just apps that are designed to fly DJI products?

I don't know if DJI GO is affected, it does not indicate issues, but Autoflight from Autologic does warn that the device (in my case an iPad Pro) has no barometer in iOS10...whereas after rolling back all is fine again. Also a barometer app responds with the same error message.

So, if you fly with...suggest to roll back until DJI and Autologic have sorted this out with Apple. Better be safe than sorry.

I don't know if DJI GO is affected, it does not indicate issues, but Autoflight from Autologic does warn that the device (in my case an iPad Pro) has no barometer in iOS10...whereas after rolling back all is fine again. Also a barometer app responds with the same error message.

So, if you fly with...suggest to roll back until DJI and Autologic have sorted this out with Apple. Better be safe than sorry.

I installed 4 free barometer apps last night on my iPad Pro just to test it, 2 seemed to work, and 2 gave an error of no Barometer.

Rolled back to iOS 9 this morning.

So glad I came across this thread as I was going out this week to test a 3rd party mapping app over marsh land.

Cheers.

Clarkee.

Reactions: Adrian Lane
Anyone aware if this is resolved in the latest updates? Can we update to iOS10?

Well it looks like I was overshooting the ETA...

iOS 10.1 should be available as an over the air software update as of today. This should fix everyone's barometer issues.

But no mention in the release notes....anyone tried? Am pessimistic so will wait until I read that the issue is truly resolved ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop