Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad constantly disconnects from RC. Drone is unusable. Help?!?

Reaction score
After upgrading the ipad to iOS 11.4, my iPad Pro (2017, wifi, wireless, 256gb) constantly disconnects from the remote controller. The RC remains connected to the Inspire 2, so I can fly visually, but the iPad loses all contact with the RC. If I unplug and re-plug the USB cable from the RC into the iPad, it resets, and I get 'normal' integration, but then it disconnects after anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds (roughly).

My very expensive drone is commercially unusable, and it is ruining my business...

Has anyone solved this problem? The only option I can imagine is going back to an earlier iOS version, but I wonder what the last stable version is?

Any known solutions appreciated...

After upgrading the ipad to iOS 11.4, my iPad Pro (2017, wifi, wireless, 256gb) constantly disconnects from the remote controller. The RC remains connected to the Inspire 2, so I can fly visually, but the iPad loses all contact with the RC. If I unplug and re-plug the USB cable from the RC into the iPad, it resets, and I get 'normal' integration, but then it disconnects after anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds (roughly).

My very expensive drone is commercially unusable, and it is ruining my business...

Has anyone solved this problem? The only option I can imagine is going back to an earlier iOS version, but I wonder what the last stable version is?

Any known solutions appreciated...

1. Try changing your Lightning cable

2. What temps are you using the iPad in? Temps above 90-95 degrees F will throttle the iPad

3. Delete and re-download the GO4 app

1. Try changing your Lightning cable

2. What temps are you using the iPad in? Temps above 90-95 degrees F will throttle the iPad

3. Delete and re-download the GO4 app

1. I've tried three cables, same results.

2. I'm in Wyoming, temps are cool (battery heaters kicking on in the early AM some days)

3. I will try to delete and re-download the app - should it work with the current iOS 11.4?

I always have the iPad in 'wifi off' and 'cellular off' mode, too, no cell phone on me, just to avoid potential interference, FWIW.

From what I've read it's iOS kicking the RC connection offline, or that's what happened with past versions...

1. I've tried three cables, same results.

2. I'm in Wyoming, temps are cool (battery heaters kicking on in the early AM some days)

3. I will try to delete and re-download the app - should it work with the current iOS 11.4?

I always have the iPad in 'wifi off' and 'cellular off' mode, too, no cell phone on me, just to avoid potential interference, FWIW.

From what I've read it's iOS kicking the RC connection offline, or that's what happened with past versions...

Seems you're not the only one with this issue: iPad/ Cendence disconnects all the time (started when I updated to IOS 11.4)

:(

I'm having the same issues, looking at my flight logs from this morning it appears that the go 4 app is disconnecting from the aircraft approximately every 5 minutes. This has only started happening after the IOS 11.4 upgrade.

Mark

I've had this problem on an iPad Air 2 running iOS 11.4 and also on an iPad Air 2 running the iOS 12 Beta builds. Extremely frustrating as the easy temporary fix is to pull the lightning cable out of the device and plug it back in - but that only lasts a few minutes before it disconnects again.

Obviously this can be embarrassing and unprofessional looking to a client standing beside you, and it's something you would expect not to happen on a high end, premium system.

Reactions: Mark Titcombe
I've had this problem on an iPad Air 2 running iOS 11.4 and also on an iPad Air 2 running the iOS 12 Beta builds. Extremely frustrating as the easy temporary fix is to pull the lightning cable out of the device and plug it back in - but that only lasts a few minutes before it disconnects again.

Obviously this can be embarrassing and unprofessional looking to a client standing beside you, and it's something you would expect not to happen on a high end, premium system.

That's a bummer, I was going to try my iPad pro running the IOS 12 public beta, but from your experience that's not going to make a difference.

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth