Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad Sun shade hood

Reaction score
All you guys who are flying with Ipad in the sun, how do you get rid off the glare? I tried 2 sun hoods so far, total crap, can't see nothing. Any suggestions?

I made one out of an old carboard box, It is about 30cm long, and on all four sides, slightly tapered in so that the hole you look through is smaller than the ipad screen,

its a pain to make any onscreen adjustments, and you certainly cant operate the camera from the touchscreen, but for basic flying it works fine,

On a side note, I have noticed the ipad mini 3 to have a fairly good screen for bright sunlight use without a shade

All you guys who are flying with Ipad in the sun, how do you get rid off the glare? I tried 2 sun hoods so far, total crap, can't see nothing. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem until I addressed it a different way. Pilots of aircraft use a non reflective screen protector to solve this problem. I have an iPad mini and bought a MediaDevil Magicscreen protector which has solved the problem without interfering with the touch screen function. I paid about £12 from Amazon for a pack of 2. Hope this helps.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I had the same problem until I addressed it a different way. Pilots of aircraft use a non reflective screen protector to solve this problem. I have an iPad mini and bought a MediaDevil Magicscreen protector which has solved the problem without interfering with the touch screen function. I paid about £12 from Amazon for a pack of 2. Hope this helps.
So you're saying you don't use a sun shield at all? Even during a really sunny day and you can see the screen perfectly?

So you're saying you don't use a sun shield at all? Even during a really sunny day and you can see the screen perfectly?
I don't think any solution is ever going to be perfect, but it enables me to see the screen without the reflections usually associated with outdoor use, enough to see the onscreen data and the camera view sufficient to be able to frame shots etc. The end result is a screen similar to RC monitors like the Black Pearl. I tried it with a sun shade as well, but that didn't make any significant difference. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being an iPad without anything, and 10 being what I would regard as perfect, it scores 6/7.

I also made one out of cardboard it does the trick but it looks ridiculous.
Sirnikolas what is so special about the hood in that thread? Do you have one? Are you happy with it?
Anti glare screen protector sounds interesting

I don't think any solution is ever going to be perfect, but it enables me to see the screen without the reflections usually associated with outdoor use, enough to see the onscreen data and the camera view sufficient to be able to frame shots etc. The end result is a screen similar to RC monitors like the Black Pearl. I tried it with a sun shade as well, but that didn't make any significant difference. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being an iPad without anything, and 10 being what I would regard as perfect, it scores 6/7.
Thanks mate! I might give it a go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan