Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iphone 6+ seems laggy after update, ipad air 2 seems fine?

Reaction score
i am noticing that the iphone 6Plus Has laggy video response compared to the ipad air 2 in its video. When it wasn't before. From both Pilot RC and Slave 2nd RC. switching them around same performance lag, iphone 6 + lag, very little lag air 2. I am in a office so i will test out side when rain stops but anyone else?

Samsung tab pro 10.1 small lag but it was same as before. not as smooth as the air 2 but seems better then the iphone 6+ now?

Iposted this on other firmware post but it kinds lost in multi pages lol

Do you have hardware decoding enabled? Fixed a similar issue on my iPad mini 2 by enabling it.

It can be found in the general settings menu (cog icon -top right corner)

I flew an hour plus today and had some major lag issues with my 6+. I thought at the time it was due to the only channel available (17) was still very unstable. Just checked mine, hardware decoding was enabled. I'll report back, after I'm all charged back up. Other than that my Bella flew great!:)

I just compared my 6+ and my iPad mini 2 and yes there's a lag. My lag is nowhere near yours Droneoner. My lag and picture freezing up from early today is no longer an issue with a stable channel. Any chance your 6+ is nearly full? Just a thought. Possibly turning the controllers on in a different order... Opening the pilot apps at the same times... I dunno. Hopefully helpful, good luck.

Do you have hardware decoding enabled? Fixed a similar issue on my iPad mini 2 by enabling it.

It can be found in the general settings menu (cog icon -top right corner)

Ill double check that hardware decoding is on i thought it was but ill look again.

I just compared my 6+ and my iPad mini 2 and yes there's a lag. My lag is nowhere near yours Droneoner. My lag and picture freezing up from early today is no longer an issue with a stable channel. Any chance your 6+ is nearly full? Just a thought. Possibly turning the controllers on in a different order... Opening the pilot apps at the same times... I dunno. Hopefully helpful, good luck.
The iphone 6+ has 85 GB free so its got lots of room, i even tried restarting it a few times, and even tried a few different turn on ways but still laggy, ill double check hardware decoding in a bit here

Did you solve your issue or find out the cause? I have a lag issue as well that is new and trying to figure out what is "normal"

I thought I had for a minute. I noticed with all apps closed the lag was less... And then the lag came back after the next flight :-(. This time I was comparing to a friends iPhone 6. Argh. I love my 6+ but they're buggy. I also noticed I had Zebra striping where he did not. Conclusion, sometimes it's noticeably there and sometimes it is not. iPhone 6 plus's will do what they want. "Normal" I think so :-(.

Did you solve your issue or find out the cause? I have a lag issue as well that is new and trying to figure out what is "normal"
iPhone 6+ Still seems laggy to me. I had hardware decode on and i didint like the video feed so i switched over to my ipad air 2 and it was flawless. The new Firmware WORKED AMAZING....

I read in a Facebook inspire 1 user group the iPhone 6/6+and iPad Air 2 you don't turn on the hardware decode on.
My original post i had hardware decode off, and it was laggy, and then people posted to put it on and i tried it on and it was laggy so both seemed bad after update for iphone 6+

i am using the iphone 6+ and I have the hardware decode on and it seems to work good.

All FW updated to the latest version etc

I have the exact issue! iPad Air2 on Master, and iPhone 6+ on Slave. Laggy isn't the word...Horrible...I am going to try iPad Air 1 tomorrow and make sure its the iPhone6+.

Hi guys! I've just bought my inspire 1 pro. I'm loving it but i'm having terrible video feed with my iphone 6. If I use an external regular monitor, connected to the same remote control via hdmi, the video feed is great.. but on the iphone is very poor (delay, black screen, pixelated..). Do you know what could it be? Have you tried usong this same phone? Thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool