Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Irma

Reaction score
Just a quick shout out to you guys in the path of Irma!

I hope everyone stays safe and doesn't suffer too much damage - this one looks bad!

Jim (Sancap) I have already sent you a PM over there on Sanibel - we have people looking out for our home... fingers crossed. :eek:

Stay safe everyone.

The Editor (Mark)

Message received and appreciated! We have our plans in place and will try our hardest not to get hit in the head by flying 2 X 4's or Inspires :) The pre hurricane prep of our local municipalities has included aerial video of many of their infrastructures including water purification systems, city management centers, public works departments and erosion control monitoring. Hopefully the post hurricane imaging will not be needed but it is not looking that way for us.

Thanks for your support,

Jim

Mark, Jim, Michael from Florida Drone Supply and others from the region in Florida. If there's anything I or any of us can do to help in any way before or after this comes thru please do not hesitate to say so. Prayers are with you and your families to stay safe.

Reactions: The Editor
Latest euro showed a South West Florida hit right up thru fort Meyers. Watch out for surges and destructive winds guys. Tropical storms will be showing up today sometime and supposed to have landfall on Southwest Florida 8 am Sunday morning.

Just a quick shout out to you guys in the path of Irma!

I hope everyone stays safe and doesn't suffer too much damage - this one looks bad!

Jim (Sancap) I have already sent you a PM over there on Sanibel - we have people looking out for our home... fingers crossed. :eek:

Stay safe everyone.

The Editor (Mark)
Thanks for the concern sir!

Reactions: SanCap
Just a short update, @Florida Drone Supply and I have been deployed with Talon Aerolytics - Capture. Analyze. Deliver to work along with Florida Power and Light electric company as well as several Cell providers once the storm passes thru. I have been staged near West Palm Beach and FDS a bit further north. Now it looks like Irma's eye will pass directly over our homes. I think we will have plenty of work for a while, commercially and personally. Thanks for all the support.

We're in Ft Myers and just awaiting the storm coming in about 24 hours from now. Sancap, if you guys need any assistance, I've got a Part 107 and will certainly be available once the winds make it feasible to fly.

We're in Ft Myers and just awaiting the storm coming in about 24 hours from now. Sancap, if you guys need any assistance, I've got a Part 107 and will certainly be available once the winds make it feasible to fly.

It might be worth a try to contact Talon that I linked to in my earlier post.

Thank you everyone for all the notes and wishes of safety for us. It means a lot.

We (Michael and family) evacuated Fort Myers with as many of our important belongings as we could. At the time we left we were not sure if e would have anything to come back to.

As it turns out, the storm may have calmed enough and we may be far enough from the coastline to have made it through without catastrophic damage. We should be able to have someone try to get a look for us in the next 24-48 hours.

As @SanCap mentioned, we were asked to help provide aerial support for power and telecom restoration and between our own pilots and some of our clients, we have been able to provide about 10 pilots and lots of equipment to help support the first responders rushing out to help get critical services restored. Although I had to separate from my family and miss my son's birthday - this is important work for the people in FL and the drone community as a whole. Here is a photo of my hotel room staged with the equipment I am flying as well as equipment I brought to provide to other pilots who evacuated without their gear and loads of gear to help make sure anyone in the area flying has all the extra batteries, spare parts or whatever might be necessary to keep all the aircraft flying for weeks:

Hotel Room.JPG

Again, I can't thank this community enough for reaching out to us in all the ways you have. We will continue to keep you updated.

I always forget how small an inspire looks compared to the m600. Lol. I'm sure the people of Florida will be thankful for the help you guys will provide. A big Happy Birthday to your son!!,and most of all its great to hear you and the family are doing ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77