Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Irma

We were headed to Daytona, but they change that. Where is Sancap staged at? It would be great to run into you guys!

Reactions: SanCap
We were headed to Daytona, but they change that. Where is Sancap staged at? It would be great to run into you guys!

I am staged at North County Airport, West Palm Beach but was moving to several different areas this afternoon. Here is a combined effort on a 360 pano between myself and SkyviewHD.

BTW, this was taken with a P4Pro.

Hurricane Irma Staging Area | Created By SkyviewHD

I completed some flights for FP&L and was released from duty in West Palm Beach, assets have been being moved around quite a bit. I came home and completed a few of my weekly jobs for my business. I am back on standby to be deployed to who knows where, most likely for Cell Tower inspections. When called I will have 12 hours to get to the location. I am hoping I will be asked to stay locally here in the Ft Myers area but I am guessing I will be sent to the Florida Keys, they really got hit hard there. Not knowing where and when you will be is the hardest part for me. Fuel supplies are getting better making it a bit easier to mobilize but still can be a challenge. It is nice to be at home and be able to get things setup, charged and inspected for the next mission. This whole process has been a valuable learning experience. During these times when we need our aircraft available 24/7 I want to thank our vendors here including @Florida Drone Supply and @Advexure.

IMG_1578.JPG

Reactions: Advexure
Im sure you've all got it covered, but if you need any processing of DEM, Orthos, etc I have two spare machines going at the moment and would happily process this for you guys - PM if you need any geomatic processing

Im sure you've all got it covered, but if you need any processing of DEM, Orthos, etc I have two spare machines going at the moment and would happily process this for you guys - PM if you need any geomatic processing

Thanks for the offer, it may be needed in the future.

Last edited:
I completed some flights for FP&L and was released from duty in West Palm Beach, assets have been being moved around quite a bit. I came home and completed a few of my weekly jobs for my business. I am back on standby to be deployed to who knows where, most likely for Cell Tower inspections. When called I will have 12 hours to get to the location. I am hoping I will be asked to stay locally here in the Ft Myers area but I am guessing I will be sent to the Florida Keys, they really got hit hard there. Not knowing where and when you will be is the hardest part for me. Fuel supplies are getting better making it a bit easier to mobilize but still can be a challenge. It is nice to be at home and be able to get things setup, charged and inspected for the next mission. This whole process has been a valuable learning experience. During these times when we need our aircraft available 24/7 I want to thank our vendors here including @Florida Drone Supply and @Advexure.

View attachment 15796

You are most welcome, @SanCap. Glad we can help put the right equipment in the hands of folks like yourself who are leveraging the technology to its full capability. Keep doing what you do, thank you for being a great asset to the community, safe flying, and enjoy a little R&R before the next deployment. Enjoy your evening, sir. ;)

We up here in the Northeast are bracing for Jose to hit to some extent, I am looking to supply my services to the southern part of my state which may take quite a hit. @SanCap could you give me any advice to who I should contact in advance. I have my Part 107 temp cert, waiting for the FAA to mail me my hardcard, I run an Inspire 1, w/ 3 batteries and the stock camera.

Last edited:
We up here in the Northeast are bracing for Jose to hit to some extent, I am looking to supply my services to the southern part of my state which may take quite a hit. @SanCap could you give me any advice to who I should contact in advance. I have my Part 107 temp cert, waiting for the FAA to mail me my hardcard, I run an Inspire 1, w/ 3 batteries and the stock camera.

See my post # 11 in this thread. I do not know if Talon has contracts in your region but contacting them could not hurt. I would suggest to contact several of the local municipalities where the storm may be heading and ask them if they would like "Before" imaging of their important infrastructures, beaches, utilities etc. I was hired to fly 13 miles of a local beach here for archival imagery before Irma came thru. You might even try contacting some larger gated communities to see if they would like imaging before the storm. Contact the local news stations and offer yourself as a contract drone pilot for imaging should they need it. There are lots of opportunities out there. Good luck with the storm should it come your way.

See my post # 11 in this thread. I do not know if Talon has contracts in your region but contacting them could not hurt. I would suggest to contact several of the local municipalities where the storm may be heading and ask them if they would like "Before" imaging of their important infrastructures, beaches, utilities etc. I was hired to fly 13 miles of a local beach here for archival imagery before Irma came thru. You might even try contacting some larger gated communities to see if they would like imaging before the storm. Contact the local news stations and offer yourself as a contract drone pilot for imaging should they need it. There are lots of opportunities out there. Good luck with the storm should it come your way.

Thank you SanCap! I will reach out to them and begin reaching out to those local agencies to drop a line! I appreciate your info, I wish I had more gear to better provide better services but hey, I will give it what I can with what I got!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar