Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

is a drone a aircraft or can you shoot it down??

Reaction score
Hey guys..
just got back from a quick little flight around my property and neighbors that's cool with my drone..
another neighbor just took 2 shots at my i1 when I got close to their property. .
I could heat the bullet wizz by..
I called the sheriff and they said it was rude to fly over someone's property and that my i1 wasn't an aircraft. .
I told him it was an aircraft and he got pissed and told me not to quote federal law..
he said it's legal for the person to shoot it down if it's over their property. .
he said he could check to make sure they were firing in a safe manner..
I told him to forget about it..
he keep making references to me quoting federal law..I said u wasn't quoting it I was just telling I'm what I thought. .
he said i was wrong..
guess he's a drone hater ..
I have little confidence in law enforcement.
Turb. ..

And how is it ok to shoot your gun into the sky? The shot gun pellets will obviously come down somewhere and land on someone.
Let's say he did hit your I1, the Inspire with it's 3kg weight is going to come tumbling down and possibly hit someone in the head or hit a vehicle where that vehicle could then take out a bus stop full of people or a playground full of children. Your neighbour needs his fire arm to be taken off him. He clearly has no idea.

Hey guys..
just got back from a quick little flight around my property and neighbors that's cool with my drone..
another neighbor just took 2 shots at my i1 when I got close to their property. .
I called the sheriff and they said it was rude to fly over someone's property and that my i1 wasn't an aircraft. .
I told him it was an aircraft and he got pissed and told me not to quote federal law..
he said it's legal for the person to shoot it down if it's over their property. .
he keep making references to me quoting federal law..I said u wasn't quoting it I was just telling I'm what I thought. .
he said i was wrong..
Turb. ..

If your neighbor shot it down and it came down and killed a 5 year old boy playing next door, who would be at fault?

Argh. :-(. Yah tough battle, most definitely an AC, it was crafted and it goes in the air! I do have a few friends that are cops... Friends because they'll admit to me that they themselves are in fact dickheads at times. In fact, the bigger the dickhead the farther they go. I've had a neighbor get ready to throw stuff at mine when I alerted them to my presence they were cool. They thought I was the "man" spying on them. Maybe that was the case!??? Either way not cool.

Reactions: flyersgirl
Simple answer here. Don't fly in a populated area. I drive miles to fly my quads, without interference to myself and others

Then should anything go wrong... You lessen the chance of personal or property damage

Risk management is the name of the game. Fly safe

If I knew what you meant I wouldn't have asked...

I mean: you are flying your aircraft without violating any rules or regulations. Neighbor shotguns your aircraft and brings it down, killing a child.

Are you somehow liable for that child's death? Of course not. The person dangerously and recklessly discharging his firearm into the air, intending to bring down an aircraft without regard for the lives of those on the ground would be liable and most likely would face federal charges as per above once the case came to light.

Fly on.

Hey guys..
he said i was wrong..
Turb. ..

That is BS Turbo.

...another neighbor just took 2 shots at my i1 when I got close to their property...
Look into the local ordinance about discharging a firearm in your area that is not related to any self defense.

...I told him it was an aircraft and he got pissed and told me not to quote federal law..
that right there tells me he don't know sh*t about federal law.

... it's legal for the person to shoot it down if it's over their property. .
I call BullSh*t on this. So if a Heron, Eagle, or Condor flies over the guys property does he have the right to shoot at it.

...he said he could check to make sure they were firing in a safe manner..
He just wants to make you happy but also piss you off at the same time.

...he keep making references to me quoting federal law..I said u wasn't quoting it I was just telling I'm what I thought...
Should have gotten his name and badge.

Turbo! how accurate am I? ;)

kern.jpg

couple questions i'm surprised no one has asked. where the heck do you live? here in san diego ca, discharging a fire arm at all in the city limits is a one way ticket to jail, the bullet / pellets could come down anywhere.

who said its ok to shoot at aircraft over your house with a gun? you know how many f-18's c5 galaxy's and passenger airliners fly over my house every day? your saying i can take pop shots at them for sport according to this sheriff?

the only way i see this not being a **** storm for the guy who's shooting at your i1 is your in deep deep in the sticks and nothing around. if not, collect the brass /spent shells and call the cops on that moe-foe for being a complete wack job, be thankful your alive. how do you know he wasn't aiming for you?

destruction of private property all day long

couple questions i'm surprised no one has asked. where the heck do you live?...
Here...
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/congratulation-turbodronepilot-your-are-1.3071/

...here in (little Tijuana), discharging a fire arm at all in the city limits is a one way ticket to jail, the bullet / pellets could come down anywhere.
This is true in any Liberal Kommunist Kalifornia city.

...who said its ok to shoot at aircraft over your house with a gun? you know how many f-18's c5 galaxy's and passenger airliners fly over my house every day? your saying i can take pop shots at them for sport according to this sheriff?
Or a any colored laser pointer.

...the only way i see this not being a **** storm for the guy who's shooting at your i1 is your in deep deep in the sticks and nothing around. if not, collect the brass /spent shells and call the cops on that moe-foe for being a complete wack job, be thankful your alive. how do you know he wasn't aiming for you?

destruction of private property all day long
Collect them as evidence for later civil court case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool