Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it worth buying Inspire 1 Pro in 2022?

Reaction score
Hello. I've been using DJI Spark for a long time. But Dji Spark becomes difficult to control in windy weather. That's why I'm looking for a new drone. I couldn't decide between the second-hand Dji Phantom 4 Pro and the second-hand dual-control Zenmuse x5 Inspire 1 Pro. Prices are similar. Which Drone would you recommend in 2022? Also is there any way to find out if the Dji Inspire has been repaired or not? Thank you.

what do you plan to do with your new drone, business or recreation? if you plan to fly for recreation and you already have a spark, why not a mini 2 (it's much better then the spark in the wind) ? you could also wait a few months for the mini 3. with the inspire 1 you have an unsupported drone that you will have more and more problems getting parts for. dji has not produced batteries for the i1 for over 4 years.

Last edited:
I have a inspire 1 now ang my first was a spark i,d glady take my spark over the inspire **** money pit and spark has more flight time there is a big difference in photo quality is it worth it not to me, throw in a mavic pro air craft only with your spark , i.ll swap

I joined the Inspire 1 game quite late myself (late 2020), and had a crash with the X5R that cost total over 600 USD to fix (which was less than I'd thought it would be TBH). But if you're not in it for business or don't need raw/pro res video, then I'd go with something smaller and more modern. (And I'm even able to get new TB48s over here in South Korea).
I've flown most of the Mavics, the Phantom 3 and 4, and currently have a Mini 2 and DJI FPV drone along with the Inspire, and while it can truly create some great stuff, if you're not a pro, I don't think it's worth the hassle.
The Inspire 1 actually has a similar wind rating to the newer, smaller drones, and doesn't have the more powerful motors of the Inspire 2. In addition, it's fairly old tech, and it's not as stable in general to anything newer that has at least a bit of weight to it.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I literally just purchased one this week. Admittedly, to replace one that crashed a few months ago (after 6 years of weekly use). I've been using my spare Inspire 1 for a few months now, but figured it was time to replace the lost Inspire 1. The Inspire 1 is a great bird. Government regulation is ruining modern drones. So I will continue to use mine until they are all gone and/or no longer available. I use mine with the X3 for construction progress videos.

D

I joined the Inspire 1 game quite late myself (late 2020), and had a crash with the X5R that cost total over 600 USD to fix (which was less than I'd thought it would be TBH). But if you're not in it for business or don't need raw/pro res video, then I'd go with something smaller and more modern. (And I'm even able to get new TB48s over here in South Korea).
I've flown most of the Mavics, the Phantom 3 and 4, and currently have a Mini 2 and DJI FPV drone along with the Inspire, and while it can truly create some great stuff, if you're not a pro, I don't think it's worth the hassle.
The Inspire 1 actually has a similar wind rating to the newer, smaller drones, and doesn't have the more powerful motors of the Inspire 2. In addition, it's fairly old tech, and it's not as stable in general to anything newer that has at least a bit of weight to it.
can you provide a link to where you purchase the new TB48s? Thank you.

Can you provide me with a link to where you purchase the new TB48s batteries? Thank you for your help.

Can you provide me with a link to where you purchase the new TB48s batteries? Thank you for your help.
Nobody can. If you can find one, share it. As of this writing TB48's are no longer manufactured by DJI. Some third-party companies have threatened to rebuild old TB48's, but as far as I know, none of that has come to fruition.

D

BigSteel in this thread is saying he can buy TB48s in South Korea. Not sure if BigSteel can buy new TB48 batteries or Not.

Hey Donnie, JD
There's anther recent thread on the forum (Anywhere to buy TB47 or TB48 still?) where I mentioned I can buy new TB48s here in South Korea. I purchased two earlier last year. Their manufacture date is 04/2021, and when I emailed DJI Korea to inquire again I made sure to ask where they're from and if they're new or rehoused/new old stock/etc. They're sourced from DJI in China, the date on the box os the original manufacture date, and they're 199USD each.
And apparently there's no limit on purchase numbers, so I was thinking if people are interested we could get a bunch of orders and I could try and get them to NA/Europe/wherever. But after asking at the post office about shipping big batteries internationally, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen!

Here's a shot of the two I bought last year:

KakaoTalk_Photo_2022-02-24-17-43-33 001.jpegKakaoTalk_Photo_2022-02-24-17-43-33 002.jpeg

Hey Donnie, JD
There's anther recent thread on the forum (Anywhere to buy TB47 or TB48 still?) where I mentioned I can buy new TB48s here in South Korea. I purchased two earlier last year. Their manufacture date is 04/2021, and when I emailed DJI Korea to inquire again I made sure to ask where they're from and if they're new or rehoused/new old stock/etc. They're sourced from DJI in China, the date on the box os the original manufacture date, and they're 199USD each.
Well that's interesting. For grins I connected with DJI chat to see if these were available in the U.S. The chat lemming gave me a link to find U.S. retailers. Ugh. So I asked him if DJI was manufacturing these batteries again. He answered with "The Inspire 1 is EOL." Yeah...no s***. So I changed strategy. I made screenshots of your batteries and told him that I suspected they were counterfeit, and that I didn't want to purchase counterfeit batteries. He said the serial numbers indicated that these were genuine DJI. So at least we know for sure that these aren't counterfeit batteries.

I guess the next step would be to find out if these can be purchased in the U.S. I have a feeling political tensions may effect their availability here.

For now I'm good. I just purchased three TB47's with less than 10 flights each. This will serve me for at least a year if not 2.

And apparently there's no limit on purchase numbers, so I was thinking if people are interested we could get a bunch of orders and I could try and get them to NA/Europe/wherever. But after asking at the post office about shipping big batteries internationally, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen!
Yep...shipping batteries is a big deal. My question would be how to get them to the U.S. My thinking is that, as long as Biden is in office, trade between the U.S. and China is going to be impeded. At least I know that these batteries DO exist somewhere in the world. That's encouraging.

Curious; Did you just walk into a DJI store in Korea and these batteries were on the shelf? I assume Seoul, yes?

Here's a shot of the two I bought last year:

View attachment 32200View attachment 32201

These shots were very helpful in talking with the DJI chat lemming. Thanx.

D

Glad the pics were helpful, Donnie. And it's interesting to see the various responses from DJI around the world regarding availability of products!
I actually live on Jeju Island, off the south coast of Korea, and I've never actually seen a big DJI store up in Seoul.

I originally went through various third-party online vendors, placed orders, had them cancelled a day or two later due to being out of stock, etc., and then thought, what the hell, I'll just ask DJI Korea! To my surprise they had them, and for a reasonable price! I bought them for 250,000 KRW each back almost a year ago (currently ~208.71 USD), and now they're apparently 199 USD each (although this must be without taxes). After purchase they took less than a week to arrive, as i recall, but for some reason I seem to have deleted those emails from DJI.

Just for kicks I just emailed the DJI Korea again to see if there's any way they can be shipped directly overseas. We'll see...

Glad the pics were helpful, Donnie. And it's interesting to see the various responses from DJI around the world regarding availability of products!
I actually live on Jeju Island, off the south coast of Korea, and I've never actually seen a big DJI store up in Seoul.

I originally went through various third-party online vendors, placed orders, had them cancelled a day or two later due to being out of stock, etc., and then thought, what the hell, I'll just ask DJI Korea! To my surprise they had them, and for a reasonable price! I bought them for 250,000 KRW each back almost a year ago (currently ~208.71 USD), and now they're apparently 199 USD each (although this must be without taxes). After purchase they took less than a week to arrive, as i recall, but for some reason I seem to have deleted those emails from DJI.

Just for kicks I just emailed the DJI Korea again to see if there's any way they can be shipped directly overseas. We'll see...
Thank you, sir. I appreciate that. Please keep me/us in the loop as to what they say.

D

Reactions: Probass

Yes please us informed regarding the availability to purchase. Many thanks.

Well, I was given a generic email response...
Essentially, "DJI Korea only services Korea, and those in NA should contact their DJI branch directly." No help there.
If I'm feeling particularly up to it one day I might try and call them directly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207