Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is there future scope for a Zoom facility on the x3?

Reaction score
Since the introduction of the inspire and with as much fun as I get from picture taking and video recording and flying the bird I've always wondered how come there is not a Zoom facility on the X3 camera..Is this ever achievable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the introduction of the inspire and with as much fun as I get from picture taking and video recording and flying the bird I've always wondered how come there is not a Zoom facility on the X3 camera..Is this ever achievable?

No since it only has a fixed focus lens.
The only option would be digital zoom and nobody in their right minds would even consider that over optical.
You could (in theory) shoot in 1080 but use the entire sensor and that (in theory) would give you a 2 x 'zoom' function without (in theory) dropping resolution from 1080.
However, due to various issues (debayering, sensor binning etc) I cant see it being very successful and I doubt DJI have the expertise to implement this effectively. They know multirotors but know nothing about cameras which has been proven with the Phantom incarnations, the X3 and now the X5. They should stick to what they understand IMO.

Yes agreed but maybe room for third parties to get involved in something new to offer!

No since it only has a fixed focus lens.
The only option would be digital zoom and nobody in their right minds would even consider that over optical.
You could (in theory) shoot in 1080 but use the entire sensor and that (in theory) would give you a 2 x 'zoom' function without (in theory) dropping resolution from 1080.
However, due to various issues (debayering, sensor binning etc) I cant see it being very successful and I doubt DJI have the expertise to implement this effectively. They know multirotors but know nothing about cameras which has been proven with the Phantom incarnations, the X3 and now the X5. They should stick to what they understand IMO.

Unless I misunderstood, 3X zoom is coming to the GO app shortly via the recently added support for additional lens profiles including a 3X zoom lens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG