Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issues with linking my Remote to the unit

Reaction score
Hello All,

i am a fairly new inspire owner and attempted to update the firmware yesterday. Before updating I read the pdf and watched the tutorial video on DJI's website. The unit updated automatically without prompting and it appears the unit updated successfully after reading the logs. Next time to update the remote, I saw a blue light for a second then it went red. I tried various ways to reconnect the remote through the gimbal and a thumb drive nothing happens and no hidden txt file appears.

i then attempted to try to re link the remote and unit. I followed the directions from the manual went into the app and clicked on link remote controlllers. After clicking on that a [rompt came up to confirm my frequency and I hit ok and nothing happens??

Anyone else run into this?

Hello All,

i am a fairly new inspire owner and attempted to update the firmware yesterday. Before updating I read the pdf and watched the tutorial video on DJI's website. The unit updated automatically without prompting and it appears the unit updated successfully after reading the logs. Next time to update the remote, I saw a blue light for a second then it went red. I tried various ways to reconnect the remote through the gimbal and a thumb drive nothing happens and no hidden txt file appears.

i then attempted to try to re link the remote and unit. I followed the directions from the manual went into the app and clicked on link remote controlllers. After clicking on that a [rompt came up to confirm my frequency and I hit ok and nothing happens??

Anyone else run into this?
yes I received my new inspire 1 10/03/15 with two controllers, the controller that came with the inspire works 100% I have flown it several times now and am very pleased with this package but trying to link the additional controller to the master does not work I have followed all instructions but the slave controller will only operate the gimbal no video link I have been on the DJI chat line and have gone through step by step the linking procedures whilst on line with them but unfortunately still no video I have also swopped my nividia shield tablet with the I Pad 2 mini and my Samsung S5 phone all with the latest updates and firm wear for the inspire and controllers also purchased another new set of USB leads, DJI chat line suspects the controller may possible be faulty so I am returning it to my authorised DJI dealer where it was purchased hopefully to get it sorted out. I will let you know how things have gone in the next few days.

worldsoutro, Did you push the little red button on the copter after you saw the prompt?

Hi M1chigan,

I can give that a try, I was looking for the prompt to say looking for radio frequency instead. Kinda threw me off

also, try reformatting the thumb drive and putting just the .bin update file on it and plug into the controller and power on. maybe the update file got corrupted and the update didn't go in correctly.

For those who can't pair your remote with the inspire after updating the inspire, make sure your remote is also updated to the latest firmware before pairing. I wasted 1hr of my life trying to figure out why my RC was not pairing with the drone and constant blinking yellow light. Turns out you cannot pair a remote with a drone if the firmware on each device is not matching. FYI hope it helps some of you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop