I've been away from Inspires after destroying my Inspire1 Pro

Reaction score
but I'm back now having just bought I2 with X7 ...... my how things have come along!!!

I shoot golf courses mainly and hope to learn and catch up with the latest tech from the experienced guys on here.

In 6 years of professional "droning," I've never shot a golf course. I always thought that that would be a fun endeavor. What I like about those kind of gigs is that you better have your video and RC reception in tune and spot on, which we always do. So glad I figured out how to get great reception in all my birds years ago. Other than crashing, "poor reception" (AKA: "poor video feed") seems to be one of the top topics in all the drone forums.

D

Reactions: Jim Weist
Yes, I've heard that reception can be a problem with I2 but hopefully it shouldn't affect shooting golf courses too much as the furthest away I get from the aircraft is around 500yds. I prefer shooting links courses as the lack of trees means less obstacles but also the sun stays on the course longer. What have you learned about getting better reception?

I don't have an I2, so I'm unfamiliar with how to circumnavigate the reception issues. However with the Inspire 1, it's a matter of:

1) Rolling back the firmware to an earlier version.
2) Using a legacy version of the Go App.
3) Employing the 32 channel hack.

With this combination, I can guarantee awesome reception in almost any situation.

D