Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

joystick-like controller

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.floridadronesupply.com
There’s been other discussion on the other controller. I just don’t see it working out.

Try this, put your hands together one hand palm up and the other in a fist resting on top of your other hand (like you’re holding one of these).

In my opinion, it’s not a comfortable position for your hands and also if you look at the angle your joystick hand is, it’s already bent making rotating the joystick to yaw, difficult. Hard to explain in words.

Curious to see if any pilots have tried this, and your thoughts. Their only complaint is that it is a bulky setup, but I wonder if DJI has thought of coming up with a similar controller.

Already an extensive thread on this here....

Strangely - many have not received their product. They became an approved vendor on here, and have not been seen since Nov 20th last year!

You can draw your own conclusions.....

There’s been other discussion on the other controller. I just don’t see it working out.

Try this, put your hands together one hand palm up and the other in a fist resting on top of your other hand (like you’re holding one of these).

In my opinion, it’s not a comfortable position for your hands and also if you look at the angle your joystick hand is, it’s already bent making rotating the joystick to yaw, difficult. Hard to explain in words.
It's all up to personal preference. I think there is definitely a market for it, especially beginners who may see it as more natural directionally than being split between the two sides.

Reactions: gregg Kielma
I believe you are wrong. I had the opportunity to fly this with my friends FT controller and P4P. Liked it and no issues. I set up a table and flew it like a helicopter. I'm purchasing one in the next month and setting it up like I'm flying a helicopter, not just holding it in my hands. Good product.

When I have my set up completed I'll post a video.

I believe you are wrong. I had the opportunity to fly this with my friends FT controller and P4P. Liked it and no issues. I set up a table and flew it like a helicopter. I'm purchasing one in the next month and setting it up like I'm flying a helicopter, not just holding it in my hands. Good product.

When I have my set up completed I'll post a video.
Would love to see your video, nice to see both sides of the coin.

Implying to trash it, holding it over a trash can is childish. This is good engineering and well thought out. I get its not for the video poster, however I find the antics disrespectful.

Implying to trash it, holding it over a trash can is childish. This is good engineering and well thought out. I get its not for the video poster, however I find the antics disrespectful.

Seems like you have some investment in this product? Not sure why else you would think that was disrespectful. It was funny.

And you said you setup a table and used it. I don’t know about you, but I don’t bring a table with me on shoots.

If using this as a hobby at a flying field, then I could see using it.

I just don’t see it as being feasible and I’d be willing to wager this product won’t survive. That’s just my opinion (and most everyone else’s that has tried one) and that’s what was asked in the OP.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
No vested interest. Just like the controller and its functionality. I am a hobby flyer and also an engineer. I enjoy building things, hence the set up I'm currently working on.

Disrespectful is holding someone's invention over a trash can. That was uncalled for. I didn't consider that funny and neither did friends when I showed them the review. You don't like it, well I do and trust it will be around a very long time. DJI just wasn't quick enough to come up with something this cutting edge.

So I have a fluidity controller and have flown it with my inspire as well as my mavic 2 zoom with it. It's interesting because the jerkiness that Ken heron shows in his video is definitely there. However as far as filming goes it's a non-issue because the gimbal takes care of the jerkiness and the video still looks very smooth. My greatest hope is that fluidity does an update that will smooth it out because it's a very enjoyable and intuitive way to fly...

So I have a fluidity controller and have flown it with my inspire as well as my mavic 2 zoom with it. It's interesting because the jerkiness that Ken heron shows in his video is definitely there. However as far as filming goes it's a non-issue because the gimbal takes care of the jerkiness and the video still looks very smooth. My greatest hope is that fluidity does an update that will smooth it out because it's a very enjoyable and intuitive way to fly...
The thing is that the camera and gimbal should not need to compensate for this jerky motion. Just my opinion but I don't think it is something that can/will be fixed via a software update. My sense is that the issue is due to the equipment itself (contacts/potentiometers) and/or the circuitous control loop from the joystick to the drone (joystick to phone to DJI controller to drone) which also includes a bluetooth connection. Just too many places for delays to be introduced.

Have you tried flying it on a stationary surface? I'm a hobbyist not a professional like most on here, however, I found the flight and any "jerkiness" limited once I used a table to fly from. Is it perfect, almost. Most first generation inventions need some work. I see good things for this controller going forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84