Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just lost Inspire

This is a good example of why we need to use pre flight checklists every flight. No disrespect intended. So many things to think about before each flight. I'm still working on mine but will add checking the rth alt to it. Hope you find it.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Trackimo man! 130.00 worth of insurance! Dont leave home without it! Hope you find it!
What is Trackimo? Is this a beacon or something like that which you attach to the aircraft to help find it if it gets lost?

Hmmm, I lost all signal! Video and RC blank, rebooted etc to no avail. Log shows last point and then it disappears. My theory! Is that there was a battery failure as it was showing 30%. It had not hit the RTH point and it did not RTH.
If one of the cells crashed then the whole lot crashes! Batteries were all ok with 10 charges.
So I have sent the Log and a question to DJI........

Lost signal round a cliff, wouldn't return home, would it hover then drop when battery runs out. Still looking no joy..... Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You always need to fly with a tracker zip tied to your UAV.
UAVfind.com has a field recovery kit using the Marco Polo locator.
It's cheap insurance, has a mile range and requires no cell or GPS signal.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Would it be convenient to use Velcro to attach the Marco Polo tag to a Mavic, for example, for a few flights and then later attach that same tag to another quadcopter also using Velcro? This would make it possible to fly different quadcopters but purchase only one tag.

2deb74e63d112f5a65f46b79bd3de865.jpg

Last memory of flight data
Sucks to lose an aircraft but, did you have permission to fly over the railway? The Drone Code covers 50m from objects etc and your max flight altitude was 43.7m. Maybe it got 'removed' from the sky?
Capture.JPG

Sucks to lose an aircraft but, did you have permission to fly over the railway? The Drone Code covers 50m from objects etc and your max flight altitude was 43.7m. Maybe it got 'removed' from the sky?
View attachment 12841
You're responding to a very old thread from oct 6 2015, only revived from the dead by @photobeauty. Maybe he comes from an alternate time line, anything's possible nowadays.:p

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter