Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just pulled the trigger on Fatshark Dominator HD's

Reaction score
After running into difficulty with the glare on my iPad screen when using the I1 in sunny weather (it's summer here in New Zealand) I've decided to splash some cash on some new DomHD goggles. These will replace my older Predator V2s. I've also ordered the 5.8ghz module with them so I can alternate them between my Inspire and the Phantom with its Immersion 600mw TX. With the bigger viewing area etc I'm really excited about using them with my Inspire and having (hopefully) a really immersive and clear FPV experience while also being able to record on the inbuilt DVR. I got these from ReadyMadeRC in the US who I have found to offer superb service, lightening fast shipping and they throw in a few free goodies every now and again (t shirts and the like).

Fingers crossed my wife doesn't notice that my goggles have changed color from dark grey to white and blue......

After running into difficulty with the glare on my iPad screen when using the I1 in sunny weather (it's summer here in New Zealand) I've decided to splash some cash on some new DomHD goggles. These will replace my older Predator V2s. I've also ordered the 5.8ghz module with them so I can alternate them between my Inspire and the Phantom with its Immersion 600mw TX. With the bigger viewing area etc I'm really excited about using them with my Inspire and having (hopefully) a really immersive and clear FPV experience while also being able to record on the inbuilt DVR. I got these from ReadyMadeRC in the US who I have found to offer superb service, lightening fast shipping and they throw in a few free goodies every now and again (t shirts and the like).

Fingers crossed my wife doesn't notice that my goggles have changed color from dark grey to white and blue......
Hey there. .I bought the dominators and the diopters and my screen is blurry..put a pad where your nose and goggles meet that helped but still blurry. .I'd be interested in hearing if you have experienced the same problem? ? Tdp..

The DVR cannot record from the HDMI input, only from the analog source.

You wouldn't know it was summer here in Christchurch New Zealand at the moment PetePerrim. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the fat sharks. I use Zeiss Cinemizers with both my Phantom and my Inspire1. Maybe we could meet up sometime and compare them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You wouldn't know it was summer here in Christchurch New Zealand at the moment PetePerrim. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the fat sharks. I use Zeiss Cinemizers with both my Phantom and my Inspire1. Maybe we could meet up sometime and compare them.

That'd be good. PM me your number and I'll call you when they arrive. I live in Northwood and there's a park nearby that's good for testing stuff. I'm keen to see the Cinemizers, I've heard good things about them too and they were my other option if I'd not purchased the Doms. I already have the more basic Predator V2 which have been incredibly useful and convenient so I stuck with the familiar.

Reactions: douglas.brownlie
Does Zeiss make a 720p Cinemizer yet?

I was hoping to get a pair myself after I buy the Inspire 1 in April. I want to have a really good FPV experience and right now 720p seems like the best way to achieve that. I'm getting fed up with sunshades --- seems like they are a pain to setup every time I fly.

A major difference between the Cinemizers and the Dominator HDs that I read is the field of view -- the Dominator HDs have a much greater FOV filling up more of your vision, and thus are significantly more immersive. (I haven't tried either myself.)

I have both the cinemizers and dominator hd's. I've only had the dominators for about a week and so far I'm pretty disappointed with them. If the goggles are not positioned just right, the top and bottom of the screen gets blurry (very noticeable when the status display fields are selected on). The screen is bigger then the cinemizers but I found myself constantly trying readjust the dominators to eliminate the blur. I now use my cinemizers all the time and am about to send the dominators back. Pretty upset especially since I've been waiting for quite a long time for the dom's. Another plus about the cinemizers is that they are a lot more comfortable especially with the removable glare shield they sell for them. Also I have 20/20 vision and don't wear glasses so the diopters won't work for me.

Reactions: catware
Does Zeiss make a 720p Cinemizer yet?

I was hoping to get a pair myself after I buy the Inspire 1 in April. I want to have a really good FPV experience and right now 720p seems like the best way to achieve that. I'm getting fed up with sunshades --- seems like they are a pain to setup every time I fly.
No..and I don't recommend the dominators. .

The only true 720p goggles out there right now are the Sony T3W. Great FOV and optical quality too, but their drawback is that the input is HDMI only so using them with conventional FPV setups is a bit more tricky.

I have both the cinemizers and dominator hd's. I've only had the dominators for about a week and so far I'm pretty disappointed with them. If the goggles are not positioned just right, the top and bottom of the screen gets blurry (very noticeable when the status display fields are selected on). The screen is bigger then the cinemizers but I found myself constantly trying readjust the dominators to eliminate the blur. I now use my cinemizers all the time and am about to send the dominators back. Pretty upset especially since I've been waiting for quite a long time for the dom's. Another plus about the cinemizers is that they are a lot more comfortable especially with the removable glare shield they sell for them. Also I have 20/20 vision and don't wear glasses so the diopters won't work for me.

I appreciate that the Dominators may not be the best on the market, however as I am upgrading from the Predator V2 then I'm sure they're going to be substantially better than that. I use my current goggles when I want to drive to a location, launch, frame up and take a few photos and get the hell out of Dodge again. The goggles are great because you just unplug the battery, throw them in the back of your car and go. My full FPV set-up includes a tri-pod, DVR, Immersion 5800 duo receiver, 10 inch HD monitor, GS ground-end set up etc. It takes me a good 5 minutes to set it all up and the same to pull it all down again and pack up. That's fine if I'm planning on staying in one place and doing a fair bit of work but if its a quick job I prefer using the Predators. I don't really care too much if the Doms are not cinematic quality, dolby digital surround with hot pop-corn, that's not what they were purchased for. As an alternative to trying to fly my Inspire with an ipad screen I just cant see, they're going to be about a million times better than that. Plus I can use them with my Phantom (I ordered the 5.8ghz module) or with the Inspire so they will get a good amount of use. I have 2 x spare batteries with my Predators too so part of the purchase decision was based on compatibility and familiarity with the product. No matter what you buy, someone, somewhere is going to make something better, faster and stronger. I'm happy with my decision but I'll report back here once they arrive and I've had a play with them.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
The only true 720p goggles out there right now are the Sony T3W. Great FOV and optical quality too, but their drawback is that the input is HDMI only so using them with conventional FPV setups is a bit more tricky.

The Zeiss have various input, I mainly use the hdmi but what I love is the rca input is into the control box that sits in your pocket or wherever. The control box is also the battery and charges up via usb so no need for separate supply Velcro attached to your head.

I appreciate that the Dominators may not be the best on the market, however as I am upgrading from the Predator V2 then I'm sure they're going to be substantially better than that. I use my current goggles when I want to drive to a location, launch, frame up and take a few photos and get the hell out of Dodge again. The goggles are great because you just unplug the battery, throw them in the back of your car and go. My full FPV set-up includes a tri-pod, DVR, Immersion 5800 duo receiver, 10 inch HD monitor, GS ground-end set up etc. It takes me a good 5 minutes to set it all up and the same to pull it all down again and pack up. That's fine if I'm planning on staying in one place and doing a fair bit of work but if its a quick job I prefer using the Predators. I don't really care too much if the Doms are not cinematic quality, dolby digital surround with hot pop-corn, that's not what they were purchased for. As an alternative to trying to fly my Inspire with an ipad screen I just cant see, they're going to be about a million times better than that. Plus I can use them with my Phantom (I ordered the 5.8ghz module) or with the Inspire so they will get a good amount of use. I have 2 x spare batteries with my Predators too so part of the purchase decision was based on compatibility and familiarity with the product. No matter what you buy, someone, somewhere is going to make something better, faster and stronger. I'm happy with my decision but I'll report back here once they arrive and I've had a play with them.

All I'm saying is that for the price of 580 US dollars these things are awful! I'm much more happy with my cinemizers which are more expensive and don't have the big screen as the Dom's do. Plus like Kilrah said above the HDMI and battery on the cinemizers is much more convenient for the Inspire and charging capabilities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop