Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just updated to the new firmware has anyone else done it yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just updated my inspire for the first time as I didn't have to when I revived it because dronefly did it for me ....I have to tell you it's a fairly simple process but I was nervous the whole time listing for all the beeps and diffrent beeps

Im currently in the process of doing it - however its been running now for 40 mins and Im unsure if its finished.

The documents say:
"The camera will sound a short pluse of "D-D-D-D" beeping sound to indicate the upgarde is in progress and sound a “D — DD” beeping sound to indicate the update is complete with success."
*Typo isn't mine

But that isn't much help when you are deaf! Is there any visual indication of success?

Im currently in the process of doing it - however its been running now for 40 mins and Im unsure if its finished.

The documents say:
"The camera will sound a short pluse of "D-D-D-D" beeping sound to indicate the upgarde is in progress and sound a “D — DD” beeping sound to indicate the update is complete with success."
*Typo isn't mine

But that isn't much help when you are deaf! Is there any visual indication of success?
I guess it hadn't finished. It just started doing a gimbal dance.

The gimbal dance is a good sign it will power up like normal when done you can check it on your computer buy putting the sd card in your computer and clicking on the read me file it will say success or failed

BUT the gimbal dance doesn't mean that it's finished updating, it may continue upgrading other components after the camera. There are no other cues than the sound. Of course you should however be able to put your hand on the bird and "sense" the beeps.

I just updated my Inspire...got a successful text.

I am using an IPad Air and updated the APP...as the instructions say to do. When I fire up the APP...it says the RC needs to be upgraded but it can't be done throught the APP...and to connect (the old way) with a USB. I do this and nothing happens...no blue light on the RC...nothing. I contacted DJI....they said to download the firmare again and try it...I did and nothing happens...DJI disconnected with me on their chat line. Their phones are not responsive...I'm supposed to fly and shoot in a couple hours. Any suggestions?

I am using an IPad Air and updated the APP...as the instructions say to do. When I fire up the APP...it says the RC needs to be upgraded but it can't be done throught the APP...and to connect (the old way) with a USB. I do this and nothing happens...no blue light on the RC...nothing. I contacted DJI....they said to download the firmare again and try it...I did and nothing happens...DJI disconnected with me on their chat line. Their phones are not responsive...I'm supposed to fly and shoot in a couple hours. Any suggestions?
i switched to a different usb drive because the first one I tried didn't work

I am confused, Do we update it like we have in the past using the micro card in the camera or do we load the new app and update from there. I thought I read that we would be updating from the app. If we do use the micro card at what point do we add the new app.to the Ipad, Before or after we do the firmware.

Erased my SD card that had old firmware update and loaded new one. Plugged it into the camera and powered up. Beeping and LED flashing sequence didn't seem to match the DJI description, but left it alone for 30 min. Checked the file, showed successful.

Upgraded iPad to DJI Go app - tried using card adapter to upgrade RC several times with no luck. Ended up using DJI recommendation to use USB cord from camera. Download worked in about 5 minutes. It appears that future RC upgrades will be performed directly from the app.

I understand my batteries will auto upgrade when powering up in the aircraft.

Now I wait for my Trackimo to show up before testing it out since I'm still weirded out over some recent fly-aways and a crash.

H

Hi, i just took a USB memorystick, copied the firmware in the root - plugged it in the RC and dang - it updated

Last edited:
Are we bound by a time limit from DJI as to how long we can use the current firmware before we have to upgrade to the newest one? Updates kinda scare me and would like to wait to see if any bugs are happening with the new FW.

My Inspire is flying great as is now....As the old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

H

Hi, i just took a USB memorystick, copied the firmware in the root - plugged it in the RC and dang - it updated

Mine didn't update through the app like it says it should, assuming there was an update to the RC? I used a USB stick to do it...

updated and tested it. I did the compass calibration and check if IMU needed calibration and it said it didn't. Should I do it anyway? Also noted that in the old version if I flew it real fast forward and let up on the stick it would stop like it hit a brick wall. Since updating it is a much softer stop with a little movement almost like when you are flying in Atti mode. anyone also notice this or do I have some concern here?

updated and tested it. I did the compass calibration and check if IMU needed calibration and it said it didn't. Should I do it anyway? Also noted that in the old version if I flew it real fast forward and let up on the stick it would stop like it hit a brick wall. Since updating it is a much softer stop with a little movement almost like when you are flying in Atti mode. anyone also notice this or do I have some concern here?
I agree with you here, it felt like it would fly less aggressively. It didn't stop as fast when letting go of the stick, and before in GPS mode with still wind it would hit about 44-46mph today with still wind I couldn't get faster than 39.8

Help...trying to update to latest FW: downloaded update, copied to sd card and inserted into camera, but NO beeping. I've done this twice before with previous updates, and I'm doing nothing differently this time. It's just sitting there blinking yellow, not making any beeping noises at all (its been close to 15 minutes now). Anyone else seeing this issue?

Help...trying to update to latest FW: downloaded update, copied to sd card and inserted into camera, but NO beeping. I've done this twice before with previous updates, and I'm doing nothing differently this time. It's just sitting there blinking yellow, not making any beeping noises at all (its been close to 15 minutes now). Anyone else seeing this issue?
Try extracting the bin file from the file and install it on your SD card. .

thank you, trying it now...only thing on the sd card is the bin file...fingers crossed!

The same happened to me, I used a different SD card and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop