Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Landing gear issue

Reaction score
Hi!

Ok so yesterday I try my Inspire 2 for the first time, cold weather probably -15c to -20c, within the operating bracket.

On the second takeoff I notice that the landing gear is unequalling going up and down, I try it a few times and eventually it stops working all together. Its stuck midflight in in theupaward position.

So I set it at about 5ft, grab its arms, at which point it senses that its being grabbed and de-throttles, and then I pop out the batteries. At this point I notice a small blackish rubber material on the ground which i suspect popped out / broke.

When I try and switch it to transport mode, I can hear the worm screw motor turning, yet no movement in the arms which are loose at this point.

I've tried turning the screw at the bottom, the screw turns but the arms dont follow at all.

I suppose the aluminium bolt (See picture) must screw into the white plastic screw at the bottom for the arm motion to work, but for some reason it wont screw in when the drone is upside down and I manually try and screw it back (missing or stripped thread)

IMG_2531.JPG

Is there any easy way to get te arms back on track, or is this a warranty issue?

Any recommandations are welcome on how to avoid this?

Kind regards,

Tom

This was a weak link in the Inspire1 and is also in the I2.
I have repaired several I1s with this problem.
I would pursue a warranty repair.

I was able to get the screw back on track by disabling the automatic gear movement in the controller settings. Only thing is that white plastic screw does not fit snug (not 100% screwed in) to the aluminium bolt. Aeromirage do you know how I could get it in all the way?

But otherwise landing gear movement is good.

Will do another test flight tonight!

Here is the thread where I found some helpful ideas.
Inspire 2 Landing Gear Issue Identified And How To Fix!!!

If it came out once, I would be concerned that it will do it again.
Keep a close eye on it and if it gets loose or wobbly, definitely get it replaced before warranty runs out.

Send it in as it’s now happened.

the gear is not designed to take any stress when changing from landing mode to transport mode, it’s imperative this action is done on a slippery surface like the lid of the flight case.

I lift one side of the bird up so the feet don't drag on whatever surface is underneath.
Also, look at lubrication of the worm screw.

Thanks for the tips. After another test, the landing gear went into flying position but refused to come down. I think it pops out of the thread, or does not stop at the right place when mowing up, then impossible to bring down.

I will be sending the bird in on the warranty.

Thanks for your answers, have a good week-end!

Hope it doesn't take too long.
I sent in a Mavic Platinum recently and got a brand new replacement. Took only 14 days total including shipping both ways. I think that was quite reasonable. They unpacked and diagnosed it all on the same day it arrived.

To day open the inspire to see whats happening Inside the motor on the top of the shaft work great. i turn the shaft 1/2 turn and all is ok.

I think when put the landing mode the motor make to mutch stress on the bottom shaft, this is why it was stuck there. The motor was not stronger to get out the stress on the bottom to get the landing gear up.

I made 25 min of up and down legs. Take off and landing and the problem gone for now.

Maybe post this issue on other forum gonna help a lot of poeple

If you dont whant to open the inspire try this
1-put the inspire on box just in the center, the landing leg no touching the ground
2-put one battery on and open your remote and the inspire
3-waiting for the star up finish and you will see your Red led on the inspire.
4-try to move your landing whit the button on your remote. If you hair the motor trying to move .08 sec and is not.
5-put your hand on the legs boom. Force just a little bit leg to move on is direction up or down.
6-If the legs move free your hand on the boom.

And envoy your new inspire

sorry for my english i am french but hevery body talk english
Thanks

Pierre Grenier

I post it on dji forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop