Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Landing Gear lowering

Its a know issue, DJI recommend turning off the auto landing gear in DJI GO 4 when flying over water or other surfaces such as snow.

Reactions: dkotinsky
There is a simple long term fix for the problem. Remove the red goal post retaining clip and replace with the "white" goal post spare. then use some nail varnish to paint over the white marking. i did it whilst i waited for my Carbon Fibre Props to arrive. Now im very happy with the I2

I had a couple of test flights, I’ve upgraded from the I1, the problem is the landing gear didn’t automatically lower and ended up having to catch it and then the I2 wanted to climb away on full power as I was blocking the downward sensors, I’m using the Cendence that I’m having issues with the landing gear button, it’s probably me doing something wrong and just looking for any tips

I'd leave it on full manual control of the gear if I where you. The automatic stuff seems too prone to messing something up, and the only times I've ever had any problems with the gear or the aircraft not landing were down to ground detection, landing protection and associated options.

Turned off Auto Landing gear from day one - It will never get used.
The same as auto take off/land - All turned off, never to be turned back on.

Makes total sense, at last have disabled the automated landing gear and now that functions on the assigned button correctly, regarding the "auto take off" function I am finding this a challenge to find, please can you let me know where this is ? thank you

I'd leave it on full manual control of the gear if I where you. The automatic stuff seems too prone to messing something up, and the only times I've ever had any problems with the gear or the aircraft not landing were down to ground detection, landing protection and associated options.

DJI have still not fixed this safety-critical firmware bug. Jason Boucher first reported the bug, how to make it happen, and how to manually work around it on January 20, 2017:

"The Cause.

If you have the landing gear set to automatic, and you slowly land the Inspire while the gear is in the raised position the gear will start coming down. If you happen to give the drone throttle while the gear is coming down, the drone thinks you are no longer interested in landing, and then causes the gear to STOP and stay in whatever position it is at. I have also a few times see it stop going down, even if you continue to try and land.

Toggling the landing gear up and down via the remote switch does NOTHING.. no matter how often you do it. So what do you do? Its actually very simple

The Solution

Raise the Inspire to about 20 or 30 feet in the air, In the DJI Go 4 app press the Autoland button, and then slide the slider to the right.... The drone will begin to decent, but oh no.. the landing gear still doesn't come down... Toggle the bird from GPS mode to ATTI mode... the drone will then stop and hover in place.. Once it starts hovering toggle the landing gear switch on the RC up, and then Down. The landing gear will then begin to lower and allow you to land"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail