Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Landing Gear - Stuck in Travel Mode

Reaction score
Guys banging my head on the wall

So I received my Inspire yestarday, downloaded the firmware from DJI, copied accross to the sd card, installed into the camera, did the inspire first then the controller

Put it back into travel mode and back in the case

Today set everything up would not come out of travel mode, firmware deials below

With no camera attached, using the app nothing happens, using the switch 4 times I get a solid blue light on the inspire still nothing happens.

Balencing the inspire between 2 chairs with the camera attached, flick the switch 4 times nothing happens not even the blue light just a flashing green gps light, as you can see from the below screen shot the camera is working great, just cant get it out of travel mode

HELP

8sBlbO.png

As I was so pissed I posted the same post here and also official DJI web page forum, turns out there has been an. issue with the screw that lowers/raises the legs, needed small adjustment

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Can you post a picture of the screw as well as what needed to be done? I only ask because if someone else has the same issue your pain and suffering could help someone else out. Thanks and Happy flying she is a lovely lady to fly.

Hi guys
Ok as requested
Can you post a picture of the screw as well as what needed to be done? I only ask because if someone else has the same issue your pain and suffering could help someone else out. Thanks and Happy flying she is a lovely lady to fly.
First thing turn the Inspire upside down
EvfADD.jpg

Locate the screw hole that drives the landing gear
Tg0xtj.jpg

AM4cRx.jpg

Use a small screw driver and locate on the cut out shown above, as you start to turn it you will see the landing gear starting to move,
I only turned it 1 x Full rotation of the screw driver
5RuU1L.jpg

0FMjyc.jpg

Then power on controller, insert battery into the Inspire and now when you exixt travel mode it works as it should do
Any questions please ask away

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Does the screw turn when the worm gear is miving, you think it was stuck outside the motor limits?

Hi guys
Ok as requested

First thing turn the Inspire upside down
EvfADD.jpg

Locate the screw hole that drives the landing gear
Tg0xtj.jpg

AM4cRx.jpg

Use a small screw driver and locate on the cut out shown above, as you start to turn it you will see the landing gear starting to move,
I only turned it 1 x Full rotation of the screw driver
5RuU1L.jpg

0FMjyc.jpg

Then power on controller, insert battery into the Inspire and now when you exixt travel mode it works as it should do
Any questions please ask away
hi :)
mine seems to be stuck in landing mode with the difference that the lady in the app says "landing gear raising" but only the led is switching from blinking green to solid blue... i had this issue once but it resolved its self... i will try the screw and hope it will help. thank you for the post and i will come back with what happened.

update...
still stuck and no physical movement initiated through app or RC... sending it in and getting a replacement for shooting on set... for now i will screw up the gear and land on boxes i put together so i have an unobstructed view with the camera...
seems like some hardware problem... but servo does not smell nor did it fall down or had a hard landing... heck, three days ago it flew just like a charm... landing gear also working flawlessly... will keep you updated.
cheers.
m

If that didn't work for you, sounds like you will have to contact DJI Customer support and you will probably have to send it in for repair hopefully before the warranty is over.
i got my bird in feb this year so i think there is 12 months on it no? should be... on the other hand i did talk to support in germany (i am located in hungary) and we went through everything from reindstalling app to manual screwing the legs to travel mode but nothing physical is happening... only the lady in the app is talking but was she is saying does not happen regarding the landing gear... i did not drop it nor did i have hard landings of some sort... i talked to my shop and the were struggeling with the problem you had with exiting travel mode... but they are willing to give me a replacement bird for a few days of work i have... which is cool i find. thinking of gegting another machine though for situations like this... :(

i got my bird in feb this year so i think there is 12 months on it no? should be... on the other hand i did talk to support in germany (i am located in hungary) and we went through everything from reindstalling app to manual screwing the legs to travel mode but nothing physical is happening... only the lady in the app is talking but was she is saying does not happen regarding the landing gear... i did not drop it nor did i have hard landings of some sort... i talked to my shop and the were struggeling with the problem you had with exiting travel mode... but they are willing to give me a replacement bird for a few days of work i have... which is cool i find. thinking of gegting another machine though for situations like this... :(

Good idea, have them replace it, I hope the next one works great for you. Good Luck!

ok guys... i am going nuts...
had a shoot today and used one battery after the other taking off from two tables in flying mode since the did not retract...
after the second or third batt i put in the next and fire her up and guess what?
the fu**en legs retract and work fine now without any problems and with ALL batteries... the support and everybody i spoke about it said it might surely be a hardware issue...

since landing and taking off from hand catching and landing is not really an option i considered to do infront of my costumer not speak about danger doing i did buy a second "one controller version" because i have (had) to send mine in because of that issue... now i managed to crash mine (minor damage because still flyable) with a cracked arm i think i did well getting the second one. this way i can normally work on the next weeks shoot i have with the other one coming back repaired...

back to the retracting problem.
i had a battery die on me and was replaced... i was using the most recent batteries because they were up front in my case... so i put in no 2 next and wham!!!! the legs went ok... makes me think of a software problem that ghe battery does not update or generates something in the system to mess up the control of that function... if anyone has this problem i suggest to go through ALL batteries and see if the problem still is there... for my part it did solve the issue but i am not trusting the bird at the moment... so it goes in because of that and the cracked arm...

my story.
m

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice