Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Landing gear

Reaction score
When using the X7 camera and gimbal the landing gear of my I2 will not raise the I2 high enough for the X7 to not touch the ground. I am taking off from a flat landing pad.

Hi @Mheight724, the X7 does sit quite low on the Inspire 2 but it should not be hitting when the gimbal is powered. If the aircraft is not powered on and the gimbal tilts it may hit the ground. Have you replaced your gimbal vibration dampers recently? With the weight of the X7 these dampers get strained over time and it's not a bad idea to replace them over time.

Hi @Mheight724, the X7 does sit quite low on the Inspire 2 but it should not be hitting when the gimbal is powered. If the aircraft is not powered on and the gimbal tilts it may hit the ground. Have you replaced your gimbal vibration dampers recently? With the weight of the X7 these dampers get strained over time and it's not a bad idea to replace them over time.
I had serious landing issues with IN2 and X7, as the landing gear simply would intermittently not extend far enough.....down to clear the camera on landing. Had to do 2-3 attempts at manual raising/lowering landing gear until it cleared. I tried greasing the center screw. Cleaning. RE-greasing with lithium grease recommended, did manual screwing of the center screw to both ends of the rotation (using a screw driver into the hole underneath the fuselage)....took it to my dealer and they re-calibrated the position sensors and re-installed firmware....seems to be working correctly now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08