Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Launch from boat with new firmware

Reaction score
I often tried to lift off from a a boat my I1 with different results... as we know the firmware was too concerned with ground stability to avoid take off on moving surfaces.

In the latest FW update release DJI mentioned to solve this issue.... anyone tried to launch the I1 from a moving deck after the FW update?

Reactions: likeaninja
Love to know myself as I have an application for just that. For now it's a job for a Phantom. As the weather improves here, I'll head down to the harbor and see

I often tried to lift off from a a boat my I1 with different results... as we know the firmware was too concerned with ground stability to avoid take off on moving surfaces.

In the latest FW update release DJI mentioned to solve this issue.... anyone tried to launch the I1 from a moving deck after the FW update?

I did. It worked like a charm.

Reactions: likeaninja
Anyone else flying from a boat? Weather permitting, there's a regatta that would like some flown footage. Bringing an old Phantom 1 with a GP Black and Inspire but a little nervous about flying the Inspire from a boat a few miles off shore

So, the day came and the winds were South East from 12 to 16 knots. Bit choppy on the water so, as planned I shot with the Inspire from solid ground, not the dock even though it was rock steady. The issue is the steel framework which sent the compass mod values in the 500's. Looked at the camera boat and found the inspire compass was also reading way off there too. Flew a V1.1 phantom with a 2D gimbal and 5.8ghz transmitter witch was worse than line of sight blind framing so that's just what I did. Got some usable footage (link provided below). There is a post from a chap who's flown off a boat with his Inspire and his shots were amazing. Really want to crack this nut, but at the same time, an Inspire is a lot to risk off a pitching deck and committing to hand catching. The Phantom in contrast is easy to grab safely, even single handed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan