Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lifting weight capacity of I1???

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
just curious if anyone knows what the I1 could lift in total weight? Let's say you took off the camera and tied a caribiner to the bottom of the I1, how much weight could the I1 lift??? Let's say you wanted to hang a banner, or drop Easter eggs, or you are a farmer with a small backyard crop that you want to dust using your I1, the possibilities are endless what quads like these can do! Funny question I know, but I'm curious to hear what kind of work the I1 might be capable of doing besides aerial film and photography! So what do you guys think???

There's a guy who lifted a Phantom down there, so 1kg+ seems quite OK...

I'm curious to hear what kind of work the I1 might be capable of doing besides aerial film and photography!
Not much .. if you load it up, you'll reduce the flight time and handling.
Multicopters are good camera ships but just don't make it as cargo carriers.

Does anyone make a lifting eye that fits in the camera mount? And I've never tested it...does the I1 fly without the camera or would this mount need to have contacts and some sort of electronics? I have a home made rigging similar to the one in the video's but probably about 3-4 times the weight. I have to weigh my assembly that I want to carry. Also, does the new Pro carry more weight?

I'm trying to lift 22 GoPros
389cc9c3e44b2132cc8eb08d1541c746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then help me with the math; how many can I carry (add 10% for my rigging). Google jump has 16.

For 10 minutes on the pricier batteries. Moderate wind. (10 mph gust)

Dude, my advice: don't mess with Inspire too much, you may cook it's expensive brain. See, the Inspire will attempt to take-off maxing the RPM's, and if you attach to much of extra load it will not sense any altitude change to successfully finish the lift-off procedure and hover in place waiting for your next command. This will create looping take-off procedure (feedback), which eventually may drive the machine crazy. Also take the position of extra load into consideration, which may - and probably will - throw the Inspire off balance. Moreover, any extra obstruction below thrusting props will add extra force down. You may try to take-off manually with Visual Positioning off, but cautiously, very cautiously ...

I'm trying to lift 22 GoPros
389cc9c3e44b2132cc8eb08d1541c746.jpg

You can forget all about getting that rig ind the air with a inspire1. It looks heavy and if 1 GoPro hero weighs around 75 grams then alone the 22 camera weighs about 1650 plus the rig it self. My guess that the hole thing weighs around 2,0 kg if not more.

That rig will at least require a DJI S900 size multicopter ore even better a S1000 size.

If the goal is to have aroud 10 min of real flying time not only hovering then you might need to keep the weight under 500 grams on a inspire1. If you can fly without the Zenmuse X3 camera gimbel you can gain 216 grams.

There is an awful lot of misinformation about what the Inspire will and won't lift.The payload rating for the Inspire which is in numerous ops manuals and lodged with the CAA is 3,400g with an MTOM of 6,218g although I would not want to fly it with that loading and flight times would be severely impacted.
However, it WILL fly at those loading and is within spec so would not overload the propulsion system. I would image it would handle like a pig.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips