Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

List of known issues - Sticky Thread

Reaction score
OK,

I did ask this and I sent Tahoe Ed a PM but as yet no reply or acknowledgement so thought I would start a thread. Adam - Maybe you could make this a sticky so that people can go to ONE place/thread to get updates on how the situations are progressing (or not) through the DJI R&D pipeline
This is for technical issues only please not for "Where's my Inspire - why haven't I taken delivery of it yet" Or "When will the bigger batteries be in stock" type issues!
This is NOT a DJI bashing exercise but simply a way of gathering what we know and DJI know as issues with the Inspire in one single place.

OK, I'll start off with a list of what I believe are the common known problems.

iOS App - iOA App now appears to be available. As at 13 Feb 2015 v 1.0.1 is the most current.
Sporadic Gimbal Jerk - Is this to be addressed in the next FW update. Do we have an estimation when that will be?
No soft start or soft stop of gimbal tilt - Comes to an abrupt stop/start at the end or beginning of movement. This ruins what would otherwise be a great cinematic shot.
Yaw Issue - I THINK this has now been acknowledged (someone confirm?) again, as above, will it be address in the next FW release?
Sporadic GPS loss - Not technically 'GPS' loss but conflict with the compass (usually straight after take off that results in the craft dropping into Atti - Same question as above re firmware
Loose Arms - Everybody is aware of this ...Is a fix to come via video instructions so as to make it DIY? What is the time frame?
Problems launching from a boat/moving platform - Again, is this being looked for the next firmware release?
Bug in Flight Records re distance and date information for SOME flights - The log reports some flights as thousands of miles or flight made 20 years ago! . Assume will be fixed in next release?
Unable to Auto Bracket via the remote - Only way is with the app. - This has not been fixed with the latest update (v1.0.5)
No AE lock in android app - Again, this feature is imperative for serious videography. Can we expect this in v1.0.6?

If anyone has anything else non delivery/stock related please feel free to add it to this post.

Hopefully it makes sense to get all these issues in one place and hopefully someone from DJI will respond with coherent answers?

Last edited:
Thank you! Best post on these forums. Please keep this sticky and keep it updated so we don't have to scour threads for updates on all the above.

Have been doing a bit of research on drones in general and the Inspire 1 in particular with the idea of utilizing it to assist me with work related tasks, primarily photo/video of my own projects. (from what I've read, it's legal for me to film for myself, just can't do it for others and charge any $$ for it?)
If I'm understanding everything that has been posted here and in other forums, waiting a little bit longer until the bugs get worked out might be best as I have no real experience with quadcopters.
My question is whether this forum thread or another one would be the best place for me to follow developments with the Inspire 1?
Also have some questions regarding the software and utilizing waypoints to fly an area which would hopefully leave me free to manage the camera - is this a real solution?
Appreciate any help getting me pointed in the right direction!

Hi Nordicsteps - Welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch here (most of the time :p)

I'll think you'll find lots of help and useful info on this forum and it's specific to the Inspire 1 (unlike other forums).
I started this particular thread up to try and keep it specific to the known issues thus far and monitor how and when DJI are dealing with them so if you try and direct your general questions outside of this thread it will hopefully stay on track.
There's a lot of general information to get you started on these forums but sometimes it's a little hard to find and you have to do some digging :rolleyes:

Hi Nordicsteps - Welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch here (most of the time :p)

I'll think you'll find lots of help and useful info on this forum and it's specific to the Inspire 1 (unlike other forums).
I started this particular thread up to try and keep it specific to the known issues thus far and monitor how and when DJI are dealing with them so if you try and direct your general questions outside of this thread it will hopefully stay on track.
There's a lot of general information to get you started on these forums but sometimes it's a little hard to find and you have to do some digging :rolleyes:

Great post.. These are the same issues that we have been forwarding on to HQ...

Great post.. These are the same issues that we have been forwarding on to HQ...

Thank You - Now we are all relying on you and Ed to keep us updated on them! :p

Could I please ask (nicely) that as soon as either of you hear anything pertinent to the issues above you update this thread?

That way people only need go to this one place to get up to date information on the problems they may be experiencing - It might take some of the burden off you guys as well!

Happy to discuss via PM if you wish.

Thanks

I saw someone saying that new gimbal gaskets were coming? Is that part of the gimbal jerk issue?

I saw someone saying that new gimbal gaskets were coming? Is that part of the gimbal jerk issue?

We don't know - other than this
03-jpg.335

Thanks editor. These will be sent to us from the company we bought the Inspire from?

Unfortunately I know as little about these as you do - Or even what they are supposed to address (gimbal jerk or otherwise).

Sorry... as soon as I can find anything else out I will post it on this thread.

Last edited:
Great to see this thread with "all" Inspire issues.Really love the Inspire and it will be good to see that these issues will be solved and make the Inspire even more enjoyable to fly!
So DJI take some action and post any improvement on this forum.

I had a interesting Inspire 1 find today as it sits on the bench.

My Inspire 1 with all the latest FW updates. Single Controller, connected to IOS IPAD Mini 2, @9.2 IOS Pilot APP.

Inspire was on the bench level for 10 hours at room temperature. 68 Deg. F.

Plugged in my HDMI monitor to the Master controller, iPad on, RC on and then Inspire. Noticed on the HDMI monitor that the artificial horizion

_____ V——- was on a angle by +/_ 15 degrees, down on the left.

NOTE: My inspire 1 is level on the bench i know his by leveling my bench first and it has been powered off for 10 + hours in my LAB at 68 deg.f.

Then I wanted two minutes and no changes. Went in the IMU calibration and did the calibration and noticed that the artificial horizon started to move to a level position and after the 10 minute IMU calibration, the artificial horizon was now level.

I powered cycled the Inspired between 2 hour cycles to see if it was off and it did not change. Still on the bench in the same position and has not moved. I will keep my eye on this and let you know if it show’s up as it did earlier.

Not sure if the Inspire 1 needs to be heated first and IMU calibration overtime but this is a very interesting find. If others try this, please let us know if you see the same issue on your HDMI monitor as the Inspire 1 sites on a known level surface.

Maybe this is why it fly’s off to the LEFT or RIGHT as other have reported. As i mentioned in the other postings, My Inspire 1 is grounded until i see some new FW for the DJI engineering team.

Let’s keep posting our observations. See nice and level NOW, the artificial horizon taken from my HDMI monitor and after IMU cal.

Best regards,
Steve
IMG_1759.JPG (630.35 KB, Down times: 0)

artificial horizon AFTER IMU CAL

033902zn8or8o3cch8oofo.jpg

Steve, before you ran the calibration did you notice whether the mod values were within their usual tolerances?

Last edited:
Could it be that the Vision positioning system was confused by the design on your tablecloth? I know it says in the manual that VPS does not like surfaces without clear patterns or textures. I don't know if that would affect the gimbal less than the altitude. It looks like in the picture that the tablecloth has a fold right under the sensors. Maybe it took a bit for it to get used to the design underneath. Just a thought.

Could it be that the Vision positioning system was confused by the design on your tablecloth? I know it says in the manual that VPS does not like surfaces without clear patterns or textures. I don't know if that would affect the gimbal less than the altitude. It looks like in the picture that the tablecloth has a fold right under the sensors. Maybe it took a bit for it to get used to the design underneath. Just a thought.

The VPS does not control attitude, this would be an IMU calibration issue.

Every time I try to set my return to home altitude the app crashes (2014 Galaxy Note 10.1 latest software update can't think of the name) anyone else experience this?

What about the pixels looking like rainbow speckles on some photos, or is that a user end software issue?

Also what does the "unlock motors" do? Could that allow a boat take off? Is the boat thing still an issue? I heard of some people doing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop