Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Live stream from the drone via my phone or iPad

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to live stream from the drone via my phone or iPad. Does anyone know how to do that? I don't mean the handheld device that is used in conjunction with the controller, I mean for a third party to watch the video (for instance) as I or someone else flies the drone. Does that make sense?
Thank you!

Hello,
I would like to live stream from the drone via my phone or iPad. Does anyone know how to do that? I don't mean the handheld device that is used in conjunction with the controller, I mean for a third party to watch the video (for instance) as I or someone else flies the drone. Does that make sense?
Thank you!
Not sure if you mean using your phone/iPad to stream via WiFi etc (which is a very bad idea) but live video feed out at 720p is available from your transmitter via the HDMI port. Enable it in the app and you have simultaneous video on your phone/tablet and HDMI.

Thank you, The Editor! Are the steps to enable the transmitter via the HDMI port intuitive (I don't have it in front of me now)?

Why do you say it is a bad idea to try to stream via WiFi?

Like he said the best you have for now is video out. If you know how to hook this up to your PC via hdmi input (need a computer or video card that has this) then you can bring it up on your computer and Skype it to people. Best option for now but I Am sure more streaming options will come now that the little guy will have it.
If you mean just another person next to you just hook the hdmi out to a monitor.

Thank you, The Editor! Are the steps to enable the transmitter via the HDMI port intuitive (I don't have it in front of me now)?

Why do you say it is a bad idea to try to stream via WiFi?
You should not have WiFi enabled whilst flying. In fact, ideally you should be in airplane mode on your device.
HDMI out can be accessed from the HD button, then toggle 'Enable simultaneous image output to app and HDMI'

Last edited:
You should not have WiFi enabled whilst flying. In fact, ideally you should be in airplane mode on your device.
HDMI out can be accessed from the HD button, then toggles 'Enable simultaneous image output to app and HDMI'

Okay, got it, thank you! This sounds straightforward enough. I really appreciate your generous help here.

There is the Shou app. Records locally on the iOS device or broadcasts the app to the Internet live for participants to watch the live stream.

Search the forums here for details. Unknown whether it continues to work with iOS app v1.0.3. Some reports that it doesn't.

I took an HDMI-Cable into my livingroom and connected to an projector. My family watched me flying on a 3m wide picture on the wall. :)

I took an HDMI-Cable into my livingroom and connected to an projector. My family watched me flying on a 3m wide picture on the wall. :)
I usually use the second controller for this. I fly at a location where they "live stream" the footage. Very good option.

With the Phantom 3 touting 'live YouTube streaming' with the Pilot app, I'm guessing that will extend to the Inspire at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters