Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Live streaming real time events.

Reaction score
Website
airtaccavs.com
So I've searched this topic in the forum with no responses. I am new to the live streaming process. It's my understanding that that the end viewer can watch live streamed video as it is being recorded on YouTube. If this is fact, are there periodic advert interruptions during the presentation. Forgive me if this has been addressed.

Good question. I am not sure how many pilots have done this regularly. I tested it out a couple of years ago and it worked fairly well. The latency though was unacceptable. I am not sure what use it actually has. I have done live flights for network stations, but in those cases streaming would never be the answer. I use the Cendence with the SDI connection to plug directly into their control booth as another camera. That works great. It allows the broadcast to use my live images like any of their ground cameras.

Reactions: Paul7of8
Good question. I am not sure how many pilots have done this regularly. I tested it out a couple of years ago and it worked fairly well. The latency though was unacceptable. I am not sure what use it actually has. I have done live flights for network stations, but in those cases streaming would never be the answer. I use the Cendence with the SDI connection to plug directly into their control booth as another camera. That works great. It allows the broadcast to use my live images like any of their ground cameras.

Thanx S White. Latency would not be a problem…. I've been in the drone game for about four years of which none of it has been a serious effort until things started getting crazy on the real job. Trying to live stream different activity to the end user. The difference from most operations is my target market. The plan is to live stream via youtube for real time viewing. My concern is privacy of information. My other concern is hotspot reliability. I'll figure that out though. Happy Holidays......

Merry Christmas to HAG. Yup, bandwidth is a big issue. I was doing near my office that had a great wifi router for internet reception. Using a hotspot could be a problem.

Interesting topic. Would you mind sharing some details later after the live event?
Happy Holidays!

Good Afternoon hhung516. Finally got some answers for you.

1. Encoder: The encoder reformats the video from the drone for publication on YouTube, Facebook Live. There are a few out there that do this. AJA U-Tap, Black Magic Design. There are connections for HDMI (PC) and Thunderbolt (MAC)

2. Production Software: This will allow you to publish youir livestream on YouTube, Facebook or other media outlets. Wirecast, Wouza.

3. My issues:
a. 20 second delay. Due to You Tube defaults there is about a 20s delay. In some cases that's not exceptable. Only way around that is to pay for a system that allows you to provide realtime video. This is on site video production, like a news team truck which is way out of my budget..
b. matching the video input to the output (720p, 1280p, frames per second, etc. I had trouble matching input and output. That kind of stuff comes easy for those that have a better understanding of that kinda stuff.
c. Cost. there's a cost associated with everything listed above. Monthly fees can run between $100 to $300/month, pending the service. Kinda hard to except when your starting out and no client base..

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela