Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where do I buy a X5 Mounting Plate?

Reaction score
So I’ve had my original Inspire 1 since all the way back in 2014 and just recently picked up a Osmo Pro Kit that came with the upgraded X5 camera. Since then I have been wanting to fly it on my inspire but DJI doesn’t sell the mounting plate any more. Where would be a good place to find one? I’ve searched EBay but I’m not sure if any were a good option. Also could I theoretically 3D print the latch on the back of the camera to keep it in place and put that on the X3 mount? The camera fits it’s just missing the clip. Mainly though I would want the upgraded plate.

So I’ve had my original Inspire 1 since all the way back in 2014 and just recently picked up a Osmo Pro Kit that came with the upgraded X5 camera. Since then I have been wanting to fly it on my inspire but DJI doesn’t sell the mounting plate any more. Where would be a good place to find one? I’ve searched EBay but I’m not sure if any were a good option. Also could I theoretically 3D print the latch on the back of the camera to keep it in place and put that on the X3 mount? The camera fits it’s just missing the clip. Mainly though I would want the upgraded plate.
I would first make sure your X5 is compatible with the Inspire 1. It's my understanding that the Inspire 1 cameras will work on the Osmo, but not the other way around.

D

Reactions: Matthewsw1234
I would first make sure your X5 is compatible with the Inspire 1. It's my understanding that the Inspire 1 cameras will work on the Osmo, but not the other way around.

D
That is only true with the X3 and Z3 replacement. The X5 series is the fully unlocked version as it was made for the inspire 1 but later came in a package with a handgrip. Still the same camera.

That is only true with the X3 and Z3 replacement. The X5 series is the fully unlocked version as it was made for the inspire 1 but later came in a package with a handgrip. Still the same camera.
Ahhhh....gotcha. I see you use the word "version." So not all X5's are fully unlocked, I assume. How can you tell which ones are and which ones aren't?

D

Reactions: Matthewsw1234
Ahhhh....gotcha. I see you use the word "version." So not all X5's are fully unlocked, I assume. How can you tell which ones are and which ones aren't?

D
Sorry my bad with wording. All of them are “unlocked” you just have to throw the inspire firmware onto it as it comes with the Osmo Firmware. If you get the X5 for inspire or for the Osmo it is the exact same gimbal and camera unlike the X3 and Z3 counterparts. I think that is what makes it appealing for professional shooters as it is the same concept as the Ronin MX. if it’s in the air you can swap to handheld and back around to get the same look and settings for consistency.

Sorry my bad with wording. All of them are “unlocked” you just have to throw the inspire firmware onto it as it comes with the Osmo Firmware. If you get the X5 for inspire or for the Osmo it is the exact same gimbal and camera unlike the X3 and Z3 counterparts. I think that is what makes it appealing for professional shooters as it is the same concept as the Ronin MX. if it’s in the air you can swap to handheld and back around to get the same look and settings for consistency.
Ahhh...thanx for the clarification.

D

Hi, try contacting Kathy at Skyflight Robotics. I got one for my M600 Pro from here. Excellent service from her.
Kathy Peters
989-513-2342
www.skyflightrobotics.com
Thanks! I'll check it out. I also did a little more digging as you couldn't just find the mount by looking it up. All that would show up are eBay listings or places out of stock. I found a company called Camrise and for some reason, as a DJI Authorised retailer, they are the only place still selling them. I bought it from there but if it ends up being an error on their end ill check here.

If Camrise falls through. I have one new in the packaging. I never installed it. Also has the extension feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters