Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost a propeller and crashed

Not when using the prop locks with them no.

The prop locks I have will not fit over the hubs on the 1345T.

I am thinking about ditching these and go with the screw down props and locking mechanisms. I actually have been using the screw downs on my hex without any issues for a long time. I have a safer feeling with the screw downs.

Attachments

• 1345T.jpg
    1345T.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 41
The prop locks I have will not fit over the hubs on the 1345T.

I am thinking about ditching these and go with the screw down props and locking mechanisms. I actually have been using the screw downs on my hex without any issues for a long time. I have a safer feeling with the screw downs.
Sorry - going mad in my old age. I read 1345T as the original threaded with locks not the new type quick release. My bad.
Yes - I have only ever used the threaded props with the locks for redundancy. I don't like or use anything with the word "quick" when it comes to props!

So the general consensus is that the new 1345T props are not a good improvement. If the 1345T props are installed correctly, meaning I hear the definite snap/click of the locking mechanism, do we really think they will come off?

I don't like that they twist with the prop rotation to lock. Previously someone stated that the breaking is where the most force is, but they seem more likely to come off than the screw downs with prop locks. No statistical facts just my opinion.

I ditched all the DJI props and when to these. I do have the 1st DJI props and prop locks as back ups just in case. I have tested these with my "not so special" inspire. I have seven started the I1 up when the props were not tight, to see if the motors would tighten up the prop. They did with no problems. I really tried to have the props fly off during flight. From 55 MPH to a dead stop and everything in between. I could not make it happen.

I like those props... where did you get them? any advantage over the stock ones?

I like those props... where did you get them? any advantage over the stock ones?

Be aware that using different props will void your warranty.

From another forum DJI Support Member about using non-DJI props "Trust us, a few of us have already gone down that route and even asked Dr. Turpo, DJI head power system engineer if he would recommend it.. The answer was No."

I ditched all the DJI props and when to these. I do have the 1st DJI props and prop locks as back ups just in case. I have tested these with my "not so special" inspire. I have seven started the I1 up when the props were not tight, to see if the motors would tighten up the prop. They did with no problems. I really tried to have the props fly off during flight. From 55 MPH to a dead stop and everything in between. I could not make it happen.

Are those just threaded on by that boss ? No locking ?

Hi
much more assured with classic screw
A bad invention. DJI risk to the owner, by an inefficient system
I'll never be safe with this system,

Best regards.

Peter
When I first got the inspire with the QR props I had issues, to make sure they were on tight. But after many flights I always double check them for tightness. I admit it's not a great design only because you must pay close attention to whether they are on properly, consequently, you can have issues if you don't pay attention to their tightness.
I'm not sure that was the case here. You shouldn't have to check and double check the props. Nor worry about them coming off in flight.

I don't like that they twist with the prop rotation to lock. Previously someone stated that the breaking is where the most force is, but they seem more likely to come off than the screw downs with prop locks. No statistical facts just my opinion.

I felt the same way. but after doing some research i found out that the original props DJI made actually did not allow the prop to be screwed on tight due to the length of the main motor twist on screw. The original prop due to its design would stop the prop from actually tightening. If DJI had simply drilled a hole threw the prop locking hub to allow the motor screw to come out the prop hub there would be no need for prop locks. The set I bought was 67.87 with the set of CF 13.5 inch props. I tried them on my 3rd inspire i have which i determine is my " guinea pig" inspire. I really ran them through their paces. I seriously did. 55 mph then hitting the brakes and throttling back wards, side to side..you name it. I even..on purpose did not tighten the props and turned on the air to a low hover and off the ground. I then landed and checked the props. They were tight on the hub as they should be, I would bet that if i was to run the i1 harder they would have tightened up more. Just to make this statement..I don't sell these. I found these by accident and did not want to spend 250.00 on a set of the same type aluminum prop adapters that were out and about in the Inspire 1 land.

Be aware that using different props will void your warranty.

From another forum DJI Support Member about using non-DJI props "Trust us, a few of us have already gone down that route and even asked Dr. Turpo, DJI head power system engineer if he would recommend it.. The answer was No."

So will adding any stickers to your I1..However this I1 which these were tested on was out of warranty already.

Hey there

After repairing the DJI team (over € 1,950) today I have no confidence or security. Flight never satisfied, thinking when jump the propeller. DJI design is not safe, no trust, afraid to fly without security. I'm watching the typhon H and I think back to yunnec as safe machines ..

Really scary the inspire one.

A screw nut, work better than the most innovative design.

I have not been happy with DJI. it is not safe equipment as are is incomplete for me..

best regards, Peterg

Hola

Despues de reparar el equipo DJI ( over 1950€ ) a dia de hoy no tengo ninguna confianza ni seguridad. Nunca vuelo satisfecho, pensando cuando saltara la helice. Este diseño de dji, no es seguro, no da confianza, da mas miedo que otra cosa. Estoy viendo el typhon H y vuelvo a pensar en yunnec como maquinas seguras..

De verdad da miedo utilizar el inspire 1, donde haya un tornillo con tuerca, funcionara mejor que el diseño más innovador como en este caso.

No he quedado conteto con DJI.

Saludos
Peterg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk