Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost video signal on IPad Air 2

Reaction score
I've had the i1 for about 6 weeks. iPad Air 2 for slave (cam operator) and iPad mini 2 for pilot. I have had video transmission signal problems with the slave/Air2 since day one, but initially it was only occasional. Now it's persistent and makes the 2nd downlink almost useless. Constant signal loss (black screen and notification) at close range. I can't even stream a saved vid file without interruption with the controller directly next to the copter. Airplane mode on, all programs closed, hardware acceleration checked on, all background processes disabled, ribbon connectors checked, gold contacts cleaned. What gives? Faulty lightbridge?

Reactions: Nick Nicholson
This new App 2.2.0 seems to be a problem. Never had video issues until the
Inspire 1 Firmware v1.4.0.10

I see this on my Inspire 1 and phantom 3 pro.

It's all listed on the forums here and Phantom as well.

Hope DJI fixes this very soon.

Best regards,

Currently there are some incompatibility issues with the app and iOS9. DJI are awaiting Apple approval for the next release that will be iOS9 compliant.

It's was great two FW levels back at,
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.2.6

Looks we wait for DJI to make fixes again, just be happy what we don't fly these for a liven.

Best regards,
Steve

I just read another thread about iOS 9 and everyone in the thread said they have no problems at all using IOS 9 with the GO app, was this on another firmware or what?

I just bought a used iPad mini 2 which had IOS 9.01 installed on it, i haven't had a chance to test it with the GO app yet. Now the iPad is asking me to update to 9.0.2, i guess there is no difference between 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 when it comes to compatibility with the GO app?

Same problem with IPad air 2 and latest dji go upgrade
Lost video all the time

Well, the Inspire crashed. I was filming rock climbers in Utah when the helicopter lost video signal, would not respond to control inputs, drifted into a cliff wall and fell several hundred feet, smashed into pieces, and sat under 4 feet of water for several hours. BE CAREFUL AND TAKE HEED OF LOST SIGNAL ISSUES. The copter was about 200ft horizontal and 200foot laterally from me, direct line of sight. I emailed DJI about this a month ago and never even got a response. Now I am screwed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips