Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Low Battery: Be VERY cautious

It fits but it don't fit by allowed carry on size. First/business cla$$ ticket should be no problems just don't check any bags if they see the i1 suitcase at the counter it's a 50/50 chance they not gone allow you to carry it on. It's busine$$ not personal:D
I just strip my i1 down and carry it on F the strange eyes. Ive got a terrorist look, frequently fly and been thru it:mad:

Or come early check your bags go back out get the i1 and go straight in!

Yeah, it slightly exceeds the carryon checker, but most airlines don't actually make you try your bag there. One gate attendant asked me if fit in the bins, I said yes and could carry on.

Just my experience. Was prepared to transfer the batteries and check if I had to, but no need.

Hello, so what do you guys recommend to do if I made the stupid mistake of storing the batts with a full charge for a couple months now??? Last time I charged them I was unable to fly the next morning and then things got complicated since and never got around to discharging them. After reading all these threads I'm scared to even fly with these and risk an accident....
TIA

Hello, so what do you guys recommend to do if I made the stupid mistake of storing the batts with a full charge for a couple months now??? Last time I charged them I was unable to fly the next morning and then things got complicated since and never got around to discharging them. After reading all these threads I'm scared to even fly with these and risk an accident....
TIA
Did you read the manual? :) The batteries discharge automatically after ~10 days for storage. If you don't use them a longer time I would do a cycle.

On 1st takeoff after storage time a would do a few minutes hover around and check the battery status in the app.

Chris

Chris

Did you read the manual? :) The batteries discharge automatically after ~10 days for storage. If you don't use them a longer time I would do a cycle.

On 1st takeoff after storage time a would do a few minutes hover around and check the battery status in the app.

Chris

Chris

Yes I read the manual, hence the "stupid mistake". I have auto discharge set to 10 days also. Problem is sometimes caca happens and sometimes you just gotta eat it. At this point I don't want to eat any more, considering tossing the batteries to avoid any further issues.
I thought about charging them up today, dropping them in the bird and hovering with landing gear down at about a foot off the ground for a cycle. If that works would it be ok to assume the next flights would be safe? What should I look for in the battery status in the app?

Yes I read the manual, hence the "stupid mistake". I have auto discharge set to 10 days also. Problem is sometimes caca happens and sometimes you just gotta eat it. At this point I don't want to eat any more, considering tossing the batteries to avoid any further issues.
I thought about charging them up today, dropping them in the bird and hovering with landing gear down at about a foot off the ground for a cycle. If that works would it be ok to assume the next flights would be safe? What should I look for in the battery status in the app?

If you're going to chuck them in the bin, chuck them in my bin and I'll recycle them for you ;)

Lol...alright alright, guess that would be extreme. All these birds dropping from the sky from battery issues just freaks me out. Gonna give them each a cycle hovering close to the ground just in case.
Fingers crossed.

Well, charged up the batteries and set battery warning to 50% in the app. Hovered and cruised around till the warning went off, landed and packed her up again.
Oh yeah had my first accident as well, really stupid one...didn't notice a small rise in the topography and she hit the landing gear and flipped on her back like a cockroach, broke all 4 props. Could have been worse, lesson learned.
At least the batteries seem fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah