Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major vibration

Hi guys.
I'm hoping someone can help me and apologies if this is in another thread. The landing gear on my Inspire now vibrates and squeaks quite badly every time it moves in and out of travel mode. I have tried re-enforcing the rubber strips inside the T-Connectors with tape which doesn't seem to have worked.
Could something be bent? The problem started after travelling on a plane with the DJI case inside a pelican case, so I'm assuming it got knocked around.
I've attached a video of the problem. Password is inspire
Thanks in advance.
Dale

Try to add some WD40 on the thread located in the center of Inspire, the thread is exposed when Inspire at travelling mode. Make sure you clean the thread from any dust or dirt before applying WD40.

Hi guys! I'm new here. Just asking if there's any video to fix the vibrating arm problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello again guys! I have tried the method of sticking 4 layers of paper tape onto the T bar but unfortunately there's still vibrations when the wings are up.

Also did a physical check for any play on the legs but it doesn't wiggle at all. Any more tips guys?

Any help is much appreciated :)

I had to experiment to find the right thickness for the shims I inserted. The first set I tried almost completely locked up the joint, which is why I recommend disconnecting the stabilizer bar and testing the joint by hand. I have included more specific instructions below. The answer to your question is in step 4.

Cheers
Did you leave the gap between the metal compression point towards the front or back of the clamp when re installing?

Does disconnecting the T joint allow the motor arms to twist?

use the search... there is a huge thread with repair instructions... or....
if you ask kindly one of the nice and peacefull moderators (sorry missed it while thinking of all the good in you mods and admins have ) lol and good working keeping our forum clean to fetch you a link to that section they might be able to post it for you as they are well raised and nice partly english with a good sence of humor :) lol

cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
use the search... there is a huge thread with repair instructions... or....
if you ask kindly one of the nice and peacefull and good working keeping our forum clean to fetch you a link to that section they might be able to post it for you as they are well raised and nice partly english with a good sence of humor :) lol

cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post #31 on this thread will give pictures on the fix. :)

@emtea - if you disconnect the landing gear support rods (the thinner carbon fibre arms going to the linkage on the fatter main arms) then the main arms should rotate freely without binding.
This should also be the case AFTER applying the fix and fitting shims. This is important since any binding on the pivot will cause stress to the landing gear servo when replying the landing gear.
Some minor movement/free play in tje arms will still be evident after the fix and is normal (a couple of mm).

Post #31 on this thread will give pictures on the fix. :)

@emtea - if you disconnect the landing gear support rods (the thinner carbon fibre arms going to the linkage on the fatter main arms) then the main arms should rotate freely without binding.
This should also be the case AFTER applying the fix and fitting shims. This is important since any binding on the pivot will cause stress to the landing gear servo when replying the landing gear.
Some minor movement/free play in tje arms will still be evident after the fix and is normal (a couple of mm).

Thanks Editor! I guess my next question would seem kind of obvious but...what's the proper way to make sure the arms are aligned correctly if you try to rotate them freely?

Thanks Editor! I guess my next question would seem kind of obvious but...what's the proper way to make sure the arms are aligned correctly if you try to rotate them freely?
You do not have to worry about that as once you connect them back up with the landing gear arms they will be at the correct angle.

(The shim mod for the vibration doesn't actually change the angle of the arms at all - just the free play). Once you get the screws out of the T-Piece and carefully open them up you will see what I mean. :)

I know this is an old posting, but does anyone know what the torque values are on the coupler bolts?
Never had torque values - I tightened by feel and used a tiny amount of threadlock (blue) via a cocktail stick using capillary action to get it to the screw threads.

Its too bad specs like this aren't available. Since they mass produce these things then surely they have torque specs to insure consistency in their production. If they were available to the common folk, it would make rebuilding these things a heck of a lot easier and more precise. But I can see also how DJI wants to keep it all a mystery so that most people would send repairs to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla