Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major vibration

This is driving me crazy. I cant get good video until this problem is fixed. Where is the in-field fix video instructions and parts from DJI so we don't have to send it in?

Here is my advice about fixing the vibration problem yourself:

First, read these posts:
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/major-vibration.392/page-2#post-6409
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/major-vibration.392/page-5#post-10524
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/major-vibration.392/page-6#post-10555
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/major-vibration.392/page-7#post-14707

As far as I can tell, the fix DJI will apply if you send your inspire in is exactly what is described above. The fix is very simple and reversible (except that you must remove the warranty sticker). As far as I know, many people have applied this fix and no one has reported that it didn't work.*** If you did try this and it failed, please let everyone know ***

You will need to experiment a bit to get the shim thickness right. Some people use layers of tape. I chose a more sturdy plastic because I didn't want the shim to compress over time and change the flight characteristics. And -- very important -- test to make sure you don't over-tighten the joint.

I implemented this fix two and a half month ago and everything still works great. There is so much right about the Inspire, it is a shame that this one "wrong" is preventing so many owners from enjoying their amazing machine.

Your warranty is 12 months. Applying this fix will void that (except perhaps for the camera, controllers and batteries, which you can send in separately). If you are considering this, it is because you can't or don't want to send your Inspire in for repair, so what good is your warranty anyway.

If you decide to try this and run into any issues, I will be happy to offer my advice ... for what it's worth.

what about removing the stickers with a hair dryer and placing them on wax paper. Do the install. If it crashes, undo the install, place the stickers back on, and send it in for warranty repair.

I fixed mine without breaking the warrenty stickers. Mine only had a sticker on the bottom of the clamp, so I used the sticker (reinforce with some electrical tape) as a 'hinge' and opened the clamp like a book. If that makes sense!

what about removing the stickers with a hair dryer and placing them on wax paper. Do the install. If it crashes, undo the install, place the stickers back on, and send it in for warranty repair.
Won't work. The sticker are tamper-evident. If you remove them, you must be willing to fess-up to the fact. I removed all of mine, just because they piss me off!

Anyone knows what it the current turnaround time for this fix at DJI LA?

For those who have had the fix done, are you satisfied with it (no more vibrations)? Was the Inspire returned in original condition?

Thanks.

Won't work. The sticker are tamper-evident. If you remove them, you must be willing to fess-up to the fact. I removed all of mine, just because they piss me off!

If you're careful you an definitely remove the stickers without triggering the tamper warning. Hairdryer/heat gun and some patience, it's doable. I've done it.

Just received my recently repaired bird from DJI. It appears they tightend up the arms as part of the repair process. Take a look. The repaired unit is on the left. The unit on the right is my spare that I received while my unit was in for repairs.

Free-rotated Carbon Fiber Beam

I tried to reduce the vibration by adding some tape on the bushing. But after I finished screwing the T-bar, it seems the carbon beam can rotate freely. I have been trying to add more tape to increase the tightness of the bushing but still doesn't work. Please help!!!!

Free-rotated Carbon Fiber Beam

I tried to reduce the vibration by adding some tape on the bushing. But after I finished screwing the T-bar, it seems the carbon beam can rotate freely. I have been trying to add more tape to increase the tightness of the bushing but still doesn't work. Please help!!!!
Do you mean the beam CANNOT rotate freely?

Even after the modification some play will be apparent in the joint (just less than before). If you adjust the joint until there is no play you will lock up the pivot and burn out your retract servo.
The trick is to add shims to the joint to minimise the free play JUST before the point of binding occurs.

I mean the beam rotate freely. After I screwed all bolts at the T-bar, the carbon beam which connects two brush-less motor and landing gear can rotate freely. Any idea how to keep the landing gear at the certain angle as DJI standard? I will provide the video later.

I mean the beam rotate freely. After I screwed all bolts at the T-bar, the carbon beam which connects two brush-less motor and landing gear can rotate freely. Any idea how to keep the landing gear at the certain angle as DJI standard? I will provide the video later.
Then you just need to add shims until the joint JUST begins to bind - then remove 1 thickness so it doesn't. You need to remove the bolt from the retract arm so you can feel by hand that the joint doesn't bind. You will probably still have a small amount of free play in the joint but this is normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Fikri
ugh, thats why they have jigs at dji, so they can set the motor angle. the small arm mount should never be touched( you can diconect the small arm, but not the sm arm collar) or youve lost the angle. if youre not very mechanically handy, you shoud send it to dji...

ugh, thats why they have jigs at dji, so they can set the motor angle. the small arm mount should never be touched( you can diconect the small arm, but not the sm arm collar) or youve lost the angle. if youre not very mechanically handy, you shoud send it to dji...

Thanks for the feedbacks guys. Yeah my inspire small arm collar is losing and I have lost the angle of its wing. The best thing that I can do is to tighten the small arm collar and void the warranty, since I don't want to fly my Inspire with loosen wings. The T connection has no contribution to the loosen wing, the small arm collar does.

Reactions: johnmont250
just try to match the angle of the other side, obviously, as close as possible. a t square or callipers to measure....

just try to match the angle of the other side, obviously, as close as possible. a t square or callipers to measure....

Yes, the thing that I did was putting my Inspire 1 on perfectly flat surface and using digital calibrated waterpass tried to make an angle for the wing. I found that it has the angle around 3-4 degree. Tried to a couple of adjustment for small arm collar and my Inspire 1 flew without any major vibration.

Reactions: johnmont250
Yes, the thing that I did was putting my Inspire 1 on perfectly flat surface and using digital calibrated waterpass tried to make an angle for the wing. I found that it has the angle around 3-4 degree. Tried to a couple of adjustment for small arm collar and my Inspire 1 flew without any major vibration.
Did you loosen the small arm collar or was it already loose? It sounds like you said earlier that you had to remove the warranty sticker on the collar bolt in order to tighten it.

Hi ,

I am owner of phantom 2 and i am planning to buy a used inspire 1, could you please let me know how can i check the vibration problem before I buy I have the opportunity to try it before buying, everything that might help is useful.

Thanks.

Hi guys.
I'm hoping someone can help me and apologies if this is in another thread. The landing gear on my Inspire now vibrates and squeaks quite badly every time it moves in and out of travel mode. I have tried re-enforcing the rubber strips inside the T-Connectors with tape which doesn't seem to have worked.
Could something be bent? The problem started after travelling on a plane with the DJI case inside a pelican case, so I'm assuming it got knocked around.
I've attached a video of the problem. Password is inspire
Thanks in advance.
Dale

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare