Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major vibration

Reaction score
I've had my inspire for a week today. I've logged over 25 flights and I must say i'm very pleased with it. Yesterday afternoon on my third flight of the day there was a very strong vibration at initial take off. The vibration was very strong in gear down and gear up during the transformation the vibration dissipated completely. I landed to check the props and make sure everything was nice and tight. I took off again the vibration was still there I flew hundred feet or so landed then took off and the vibration went away. I took it to my dealer today to have them take a look at it. They said that they experience vibrations with their Inspire as well from day one. They reset my gains back to factory settings did an advanced calibration and took off and landed a few times. The first take off the vibration was considerable, subsequent takeoff and landing's the vibration dissipated and then went away completely. Their analysis is based on experience with their Inspire is that the motors and ESC's need to warm up.
I would like to know has anybody experienced vibrations with their inspire at any time? As I said before I've flown it over 25 times without a single vibration. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

This suggestion may be way off-base, but I do recall someone else here mentioning that they had to tighten up the screws on the collars around the arms when they received it. Could they have vibrated loose?

This suggestion may be way off-base, but I do recall someone else here mentioning that they had to tighten up the screws on the collars around the arms when they received it. Could they have vibrated loose?

I checked everything was tight. Thank you

I too am seeing bad vibration - at least on the gimbal. Even in hover. The images all have jello, to varying degrees. Not sure what to do but I will try an advanced IMU calibration.

Yes, I have been intending to start a thread on this issue. Having only managed two small flights due to poor weather in the UK it has been hard to get out and when I have its been windy so was unsure if it was due to wind. On both occasions I have observed very noticeable shake that appears to be on the right hand side and only when the gear has been raised. I have sent a video to DJI but they are taking their sweet time to respond.. (The video isn't great but you can see it)

I have read a few instances of props causing issues and changing out seems to have helped. One person reported seeing a slight bend at the tip of one prop, possibly from the way it was sitting in the case in the first place. You might want to take a close look at, or try a prop swap.

Here is a video of what I think you are describing:

If this is it, the solution is to tighten the bolt on the front side of the T-connector joining the motor arm to the H-cross bar.

However, many inspires have stickers on them that cause you to void your warranty if you do so. And, even if you choose to break the sticker, the bolt might be permanently glued into place. That's the case with my inspire.

If this is it, the solution is to tighten the bolt on the front side of the T-connector joining the motor arm to the H-cross bar.

However, many inspires have stickers on them that cause you to void your warranty if you do so. And, even if you choose to break the sticker, the bolt might be permanently glued into place. That's the case with my inspire.

So, what is the solution to this problem? Anybody know. I get my Inspire 1 this afternoon and will check - sure hope its not the same. This could cause more damage down the road, and what then?

That is exactly the type of vibration I am getting on my inspire. I checked the bolts they seem tight but like you said they may be glued in that position. I've had dozens of flights without any vibration of it just started recently. Did you tighten yours? Any improvement?

I ultimately fixed my Inspire (the one in the video). The problem is not the bolts as I had originally thought based on other video posts. The problem is poorly fitting bushings inside the T-connector joining the motor arm with the H-cross bar.

If you open up the T-connector you will find two bushings that should fit tightly around the motor arm. The bushings are not solid O's, they are C-bushings that are designed to compress to fit. The problem is that the recesses in the T-connector cover are too deep and do not apply enough pressure on the bushings to cause them to compress. On the bushings you will find small rubber strips. I cut small plastic strips of the same size from approximately 10mil plastic and put them on top of the rubber strips. Alternatively, you can replace the rubber strips with thicker rubber (like tire inner tube) This provided enough compression to fit the bushings.

Now, I can hold the Inspire by one arm and shake and there is absolutely no play or rattle whatsoever (and the oscillation is gone).

One word of caution, be sure you remove the connection to the thin stabilizer tube and test the compressed fitting to make sure the motor arm still rotates easily. If you lock this connection up you might fry the transformation motor.

Here are images that might help with my explanation above.
I'm really impressed with you guys who are having to constantly 'wrench' these things. It is pathetic that all these tweaks have to be done to these machines. Whats next? You guys are really beta testers for DJI. They should send you something!

I'm really impressed with you guys who are having to constantly 'wrench' these things. It is pathetic that all these tweaks have to be done to these machines. Whats next? You guys are really beta testers for DJI. They should send you something!
Here are images that might help with my explanation above.
Sounds like the bushings are the wrong size or the housing isn't machined to the right spec.. take your pick..
I like that you're not scared to open up your inspire1 and I appreciate you posting your findings..thank you ...

Wow. So how is it accounted for that not all inspires have the problem, I wonder. Some were tight enough to begin with? Some were fixed or even fixed by a recall when there was a delay to market? Some didn't get fixed before shipping? I wonder. But that right there is cause for a recall for fixing. How wide spread is an unknown.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207