Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Making Inspire 1 controls less sensitive.

Reaction score
Excuse me if the has been raised before. I've checked the forum and the manual but didn't come across any information or threads about this.

Is it possible to change the sensitivity of the control sticks? Just a tiny touch results in a huge response and this makes flying very slowly quite difficult.

*Looks like nobody knows* I have the same problem, I was try to track an actor today just walking along and even though I pulled the stick back very slightly it still went too fast. Bloody pain!

*Looks like nobody knows* I have the same problem, I was try to track an actor today just walking along and even though I pulled the stick back very slightly it still went too fast. Bloody pain!
Very old thread (Jan 2015).
There isn't really a way to make the sticks properly less sensitive as the Inspire controllers are quite basic and do not support proper programming with dual rates and mixes.
However, you can make them less sensitive around mid stick using Expo settings (lots on this on the forum)

Try pinching instead of thumbing - this will give you greater control.

And finally the absolute best way to achieve delicate controlled moves.....? Practice!
There is no substitute for stick time I'm afraid.

Yeah I've been having this issue as well. I know the remote is built for the inspire system but I feel like it's lacking in a few areas, one key one being the sensitivity. I own a phantom using a futaba remote which allows me to program in throttle cuts, so that I'm able to achieve those slow graceful cinematic shots. I'm just not able to do this with the inspire at all. As stated above I do "practice" but then I run into my second quabble with this flight platform and that is responsiveness. I'm finding that the platform itself lags in response time. I will issue a command through the controller and that command has at LEAST a half a second delay before the platform obeys. And then this brings me to dislike number 3: there just has got to be a way to customize the controller further. I.E. switching the "tilt" dial from the left to right side. I'm finding it INCREDIBLY hard to get a good moving shot while tilting just due to the above mentioned problems. Because the platform is so touchy, it is hard to get a good tilt while moving forwards or bacwards. And "panning" or rotating the platform is just useless because of the over touchy-ness and response delay. Is this just me or are others experiencing this as well?

Thanks and Blessings!

Tyler Hardin

Yeah I've been having this issue as well. I know the remote is built for the inspire system but I feel like it's lacking in a few areas, one key one being the sensitivity. I own a phantom using a futaba remote which allows me to program in throttle cuts, so that I'm able to achieve those slow graceful cinematic shots. I'm just not able to do this with the inspire at all. As stated above I do "practice" but then I run into my second quabble with this flight platform and that is responsiveness. I'm finding that the platform itself lags in response time. I will issue a command through the controller and that command has at LEAST a half a second delay before the platform obeys. And then this brings me to dislike number 3: there just has got to be a way to customize the controller further. I.E. switching the "tilt" dial from the left to right side. I'm finding it INCREDIBLY hard to get a good moving shot while tilting just due to the above mentioned problems. Because the platform is so touchy, it is hard to get a good tilt while moving forwards or bacwards. And "panning" or rotating the platform is just useless because of the over touchy-ness and response delay. Is this just me or are others experiencing this as well?

Thanks and Blessings!

Tyler Hardin
OK firstly there is no way to 'reverse' the gimbal control dial on the remote and it would be totally pointless since the right hand dial is notched and the left hand one is linear.
Secondly, with regards to the 'delay', don't forget you are not actually flying the Inspire like a conventional RC aircraft that has control surfaces connected by way of servos. You are mearly giving the flight controller commands which it executes in conjunction with other simultaneous actions to keep the thing airborne
A reason you may perceive a delay in comparison to the Phantoms is that the mass of the Inspire is much greater and therefore inertia will be a factor.
However, since your aim 'slow, controlled, cinematic shots' and not 3D flight I'm not sure why you want 'instant' response.

OK firstly there is no way to 'reverse' the gimbal control dial on the remote and it would be totally pointless since the right hand dial is notched and the left hand one is linear.
Secondly, with regards to the 'delay', don't forget you are not actually flying the Inspire like a conventional RC aircraft that has control surfaces connected by way of servos. You are mearly giving the flight controller commands which it executes in conjunction with other simultaneous actions to keep the thing airborne
A reason you may perceive a delay in comparison to the Phantoms is that the mass of the Inspire is much greater and therefore inertia will be a factor.
However, since your aim 'slow, controlled, cinematic shots' and not 3D flight I'm not sure why you want 'instant' response.

It may be pointless on this platform but it is not pointless. On my futaba I use a notched dial, the camera tilts automatically and each notch is a speed adjustment (faster or slower tilt). I have not forgotten that I'm not flying a conventional RC. Coming from a phantom, the response should be the same (instantaneous). and why would you not want instant response? You have infinitely greater control of the platform when it responds like it should. But I get it. This will be just a back and fourth debate over personal preferences. Thank you for your reply!

Blessings

It may be pointless on this platform but it is not pointless. On my futaba I use a notched dial, the camera tilts automatically and each notch is a speed adjustment (faster or slower tilt). I have not forgotten that I'm not flying a conventional RC. Coming from a phantom, the response should be the same (instantaneous). and why would you not want instant response? You have infinitely greater control of the platform when it responds like it should. But I get it. This will be just a back and fourth debate over personal preferences. Thank you for your reply!

Blessings
You are aware that you are able to store three gimbal parameters/ set ups in the Go App yes?
Adjusting the settings for gimbal speed you can have a very fast right down to an incredibly slow pan/tilt with soft (bezier) start, stop movements.

The reason the Inspire will not respond as fast as a Phantom is purely down to power to weight ratio and inertia.

You are aware that you are able to store three gimbal parameters/ set ups in the Go App yes?
Adjusting the settings for gimbal speed you can have a very fast right down to an incredibly slow pan/tilt with soft (bezier) start, stop movements.

The reason the Inspire will not respond as fast as a Phantom is purely down to power to weight ratio and inertia.

IN THEROY I would understand the power to weight ratio argument. The phantom I own is hot-rodded to the max while the inspire is bone stock. My phantom payload is just a tad under what my inspire payload is, but the phantoms motors are much less powerful than what the inspire boasts. Obviously I have a much lower battery life with the phantom with a high payload but the responsiveness is superb. I'm almost wondering if some of the delay is coming from lightbridge? I know it's constantly TX and RX high def video as well as a Myriad of flight data etc. I wonder what type of priority it gives to each piece of information it has to deal with.. [emoji848] also: is there a way to control both pan and tilt being a single operator? I could not find a way to control both at the same time..

Again, thank you for your time! I appreciate everything!

Blessings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44