Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mapping Accuracy with IP

Thanks. I live in a very remote area and control points are sparse or non-existent where I would be working. I don't have any surveying background but would really like to have enough knowledge to set accurate GCPs if I could afford the equipment, that of course is another limiting factor.

I guess I shall content myself with accepting non GCP related work until I can get my surveying up to snuff with some equipment.

Great thread.
Trimble Geo 7x Series Geo Explorer GPS w/ Terrasync H-star and floodlight | eBay

The centimeter package will get you through. I'm sure you can find a cheaper version direct through Trimble and also get a free subscription to RTK Net.

The only way I will now do any work is to supplement the GNSS on the Inspire 2 with a Trimble Geo 6000XH, which gives me 20cm vertical accuracy, or increase that to 2cm vertical accuracy by using realtime RTK data feed (which here in the UK is £2k per year)

Thanks guys. I am not interested in doing any surveying type work, I just want an accurate, affordable GPS system to set GCPs for mapping purposes.

Reactions: RMartin
Thanks guys. I am not interested in doing any surveying type work, I just want an accurate, affordable GPS system to set GCPs for mapping purposes.
For the cost, that is affordable (in relative terms). The important part is the RTK Net connection which enables real-time data streaming. You can shoot and immediately use the numbers vs. having to post-process.

For the cost, that is affordable (in relative terms). The important part is the RTK Net connection which enables real-time data streaming. You can shoot and immediately use the numbers vs. having to post-process.
I fall outside any RTK Net connection so I would be post processing for sure. I live in the lower Arctic in eastern Canada in a very remote location, there are 300 people where I live and we have no road connection, just ferry and airplane service.

I don't need anything 'survey' grade, cm level would likely suffice for my purposes.

Cm accuracy will require cm grade which is the geo 6000xh with cm module or geo 7x with cm module this is around 12k even for post processing you need the kit to be able to capture cm accuracy for around 60 mins per point for post processing to give to 2-5cm accuracy

Reactions: RMartin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont