Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 600 Pro + Ronin-MX + Remote Start/Stop + Sony A7R II

Reaction score
Hello

The company where I work is thinking to buy the Matrice 600 Pro + Ronin-MX + Remote Start/Stop + Sony A7R II to do mapping, photogrammetry, surveying, etc.
This is a good combo? Apps like GS Pro, DroneDeploy, Pix4d Capture, etc. works with this combo? The images is geotagging in the SD photo file?

Thanks.
LE

Hi Luis. Yes, this is a good combination. We have a client that flies this same set up and also has added a Sony Air Commander to additionally get control of all the camera settings. The range on it is good and he has found it to be a useful addition.

If we can be of any help for your purchase please let us know.

Michael
www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Hello

The company where I work is thinking to buy the Matrice 600 Pro + Ronin-MX + Remote Start/Stop + Sony A7R II to do mapping, photogrammetry, surveying, etc.
This is a good combo? Apps like GS Pro, DroneDeploy, Pix4d Capture, etc. works with this combo? The images is geotagging in the SD photo file?

Thanks.
LE

I know we've got at least one or two local clients with this setup that use it for commercial film production and also still photography purposes, I am not aware of any of our clients using it for mapping/photogrammetry.

It's a good combo but I may also recommend taking a closer look at the Matrice 200 series. Definitely a much more turnkey solution and also a more rugged unit for the job site.

When running through the Ronin-MX you do lose some compatibility with the apps listed as many of their features are only compatible with DJI cameras. You are sacrificing imaging quality when going from the the A7R II to a DJI camera to gain the lost functionality but it depends on what the value is of the imaging quality for your specific application versus having full integration and functionality in these apps.

I'd be happy to connect you with Cavan or another one of my colleagues who works on most these rigs to answer any further questions you may have.

Mike

I know we've got at least one or two local clients with this setup that use it for commercial film production and also still photography purposes, I am not aware of any of our clients using it for mapping/photogrammetry.

It's a good combo but I may also recommend taking a closer look at the Matrice 200 series. Definitely a much more turnkey solution and also a more rugged unit for the job site.

When running through the Ronin-MX you do lose some compatibility with the apps listed as many of their features are only compatible with DJI cameras. You are sacrificing imaging quality when going from the the A7R II to a DJI camera to gain the lost functionality but it depends on what the value is of the imaging quality for your specific application versus having full integration and functionality in these apps.

I'd be happy to connect you with Cavan or another one of my colleagues who works on most these rigs to answer any further questions you may have.

Mike

Hi Mike, the Matrice 200 series is a good option but it can only carry two RGB cameras the Zenmuse X4S and X5S last one is a Micro 4/3 sensor, I want to fly with a Full Frame sensor camera to get better results.

I will thank you a lot to connect me with one of your colleagues.

Luis

Hi Mike, the Matrice 200 series is a good option but it can only carry two RGB cameras the Zenmuse X4S and X5S last one is a Micro 4/3 sensor, I want to fly with a Full Frame sensor camera to get better results.

I will thank you a lot to connect me with one of your colleagues.

Luis

That is what I figured. A7 is a solid camera. Feel free to shoot us an email or PM and we'll get you connected.

i would love some help here, currently getting very bad jello using ronin mx on m600 with a sony hx 400v 50x zoom .
I also want to put an a7r2 under this for 4k video and full frame images , i would more than appreciate some help if its available. has any one used the air commander unit and what are your thoughts and ranges ?
is there a way to have any functionality through light bridge ? is the a SDK app out at all ??

thanks in advance

i would love some help here, currently getting very bad jello using ronin mx on m600 with a sony hx 400v 50x zoom .
I also want to put an a7r2 under this for 4k video and full frame images , i would more than appreciate some help if its available. has any one used the air commander unit and what are your thoughts and ranges ?
is there a way to have any functionality through light bridge ? is the a SDK app out at all ??

thanks in advance
As this is off topic from the original thread (and at least four questions) can you please start a separate thread for this question? - Thanks

As this is off topic from the original thread (and at least four questions) can you please start a separate thread for this question? - Thanks
I am unsure how its off topic ?
i am asking about putting an a7r2 on a ronin under a m600 and having control
the title of this thread is
Matrice 600 Pro + Ronin-MX + Remote Start/Stop + Sony A7R II
i am asking how it was done and some help to replicate , and instead of starting a VERY similar thread i asked an extra question about another sony camera .....

just an update on this , i have tried the inteli g path and its been over a month and its still extremely complicated , there videos look easy , but once you get one and then try and workout how to get it going its taking way to long, its not plug and play, its plug and pray at this point with no answers to the prayers ....

Reactions: DamesNY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk