Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 600 Pro: What is this setup

Reaction score
Could someone please take a look at the pictures below and advise which gimbal this is set up for?
Recently purchased, not sure which setup previous owner used and unable to contact now.
Thanks in advance

00CD1EC4-EDDD-4605-AE84-A2B2CC204856.jpeg5F9EE61E-3A6C-472F-8F7A-618833F350BC.jpeg

Mickydd, Niki correct, Ronin-MX male clamps into the female clamp pictured. Loose cable plugs into top of Ronin-MX providing communications with the Remote Control and footage/images on the display.

Assuming you didn't get the Ronin-MX, you might investigate other gimbal options. DJI's support of the Ronin-MX is highly suspect. Mine has been out of service since September 1, 2019 (nearly 7 months) and is currently at DJI for evaluation and repair. Without backup, I'd be out of business. When it comes back, I'll be in a better position to judge whether the failure is/was the Ronin-MX or DJI Tech Support abilities.

I've been told batteries for the Ronin-MX are no longer available. I haven't verified this, so accept this as a rumor for now.

The M600 itself flies very well. Weak point in the system is the Ronin-MX. I'm told it works better with heavier cameras. My experience with lighter Sony a7R cameras is it requires significant balancing effort and weighting to achieve smooth video.

Could someone please take a look at the pictures below and advise which gimbal this is set up for?
Recently purchased, not sure which setup previous owner used and unable to contact now.
Thanks in advance

View attachment 28415View attachment 28416

Chris
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I bought this Matrice 600 Pro on a whim, had an Inspire 2 and when I saw this advertised, went for it.
To be honest, I don’t use for professional purposes, didn’t come with the Ronin-MX or any camera. Was thinking of buying an X5 and the required mounting plate.
Also got a box of bits and cables with the Matrice, plus 12 batteries and corresponding cases.

I realise ow that I eed to strip off the Ronin mounting plate and some of the cables, then fit the required X5 mounting frame.

Thanks for your help, really appreciated

mickydd, ah, yes, thank you. I try not to ship outside U.S. since paperwork, shipping and all makes it "awful."

Good luck making your M600 fly and shoot great images.

Chris
Hello. I am in the same position as mickydd. I bought my M600 pro from a member at a good price and I am very much a novice. Chris, I was reading you posts about your frustrations with the new firmware and I hope all has been solved do you can resume your drone usage. I am unsure what route to go with mine when it comes to mounting a good camera for flight enjoyment. After reading of the trails and tribulations that people go thru with cameras and the Ronin MX I think I will steer clear of that since I am just a hobbyist and that looks like an avenue for a professional. In saying that I know that the X5R can be used on it, but you happened to mention the X5S. I thought that was not compatible with the M600 or am I mistaken. I would go the X5R route, but I wonder about image quality compared to the X5S. Any input would be appreciated.

Chris
Thanks again for your help, I am UK based, so transport costs and import duty would be substantial.
Cheers
Hello, mickydd. How are things with your M600. I am a novice and did the same thing and bought an M600pro and have been trying to decide on a good camera. What did you end up using? Looking for some suggestions.

Hello, mickydd. How are things with your M600. I am a novice and did the same thing and bought an M600pro and have been trying to decide on a good camera. What did you end up using? Looking for some suggestions.
Hi there,
Eventually I purchased an Inspire 1 Pro with X5, I now swap the X5 between the Inspire 1 and the Matrice 600. Just needed to remove the Ronin fixing and replace with X5 fixing plate on M600 and all is now good.
How are you getting on, did you decide?

Hi there,
Eventually I purchased an Inspire 1 Pro with X5, I now swap the X5 between the Inspire 1 and the Matrice 600. Just needed to remove the Ronin fixing and replace with X5 fixing plate on M600 and all is now good.
How are you getting on, did you decide?
Honestly, I think I have decided to sell off my M600 on here. I will be listing with some pics and sell it at a good price. I guess I just don't have a lot of time on my hands to tinker with different setups. It's a beauty of a machine, but this needs to be in the hands of someone who will use it to it's fullest potential and that someone is not me. If this was used as a business tool and could also be used for leisure then that would be cool, but for now I just don't have the luxury of time to really dive into making this rig worth my time. Bummer, but it happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool