Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Most Daring Irresponsible I1 Pilot

Doesn't look any stiffer than other places. Canada and US are 5Miles/9Kms from Airports so Aus is actually less restrictive there.
From what I gather you guys in the US don't have many of these laws. I have queried many practices I read on the site only to be shot down saying laws there are a lot freeer. The laws are in force here and strict.

Reactions on this vid feels like pissing, pissing and pissing acid! Beautiful shots! and don't say no.... because it's better than most pro's show. Best I've even seen, end of discussion. You yourself never violated any rule? Pls grow up!

Reactions: ianwood
Reactions on this vid feels like pissing, pissing and pissing acid! Beautiful shots! and don't say no.... because it's better than most pro's show. Best I've even seen, end of discussion. You yourself never violated any rule? Pls grow up!
This was in Australia. We have rules here and this guy has not followed one of them. If the Police got hold of him he would be in jail for a long time.

Just would like to say this: I'm Dutch and the Aussie people are very close to us: best in the world. Pls get rid of the box that will keep you imprisoned! Safety yes but creativity is important too! Rules are to be broken; as long as being done without bringing people into danger... 2 Years from now we'll be LOL about this. Its one of the best promotional vids of Sydney ever!

Just would like to say this: I'm Dutch and the Aussie people are very close to us: best in the world. Pls get rid of the box that will keep you imprisoned! Safety yes but creativity is important too! Rules are to be broken; as long as being done without bringing people into danger... 2 Years from now we'll be LOL about this. Its one of the best promotional vids of Sydney ever!
Yes, I agree. Its great video but we could all take good videos if we are allowed to shoot at night and over a city with no care for the rules. I dont think we will be laughing abbey tit in a couple of years. I think they will be banned. Its like that here now. Everytime I fly, I get someone come up to me angry about being spied on. I do this work for a living and dont spy on anyone. I actually had a sign made up and placed on the location to announce Im a licensed pilot and photography in operation. That seems to help.

Rules are to be kept not broken, anything else is self righteous foolishness, the opposite is sliding towards anarchy...and a slippery slope...for everyone.

Rules are to be kept not broken, anything else is self righteous foolishness, the opposite is sliding towards anarchy...and a slippery slope...for everyone.
There are idiots everywhere. This guy is breaking a lot of laws, ie flying in a NFZ, flying out of visual range, and buzzing cruise ships:

Last edited:

Agreed. It's very well shot and edited (ehem, despite the music!).

This was in Australia. We have rules here and this guy has not followed one of them. If the Police got hold of him he would be in jail for a long time.

How do you know this? People get exceptions to do all sorts of stuff. I play by the rules and I hope others do too. Maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions without some sort of additional information.

Some people have criticized my work (thankfully a tiny minority) not knowing anything about how I did it and the elaborate safety and compliance hurdles I had to overcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tj_ and IrishSights
Yes, I agree. Its great video but we could all take good videos if we are allowed to shoot at night and over a city with no care for the rules. I dont think we will be laughing abbey tit in a couple of years. I think they will be banned. Its like that here now. Everytime I fly, I get someone come up to me angry about being spied on. I do this work for a living and dont spy on anyone. I actually had a sign made up and placed on the location to announce Im a licensed pilot and photography in operation. That seems to help.
"Signs, signs everywhere a sign, do this, don't do that can't you read the sign?" (5 man electric band). The FAA says we can't fly over 400 feet ( I'm ok with that), we can't fly at night ( why? If we remain below 400 feet with the craft in view?), you must be a certified pilot to operate commercially, we have no fly zones in Federal Parks, no take off, operating or landing in State and local parks. I'm all for law and order but knee jerk over reactionaries are trying to kill off a budding technology. Just about anything created has been misused by some whack job, motorcycles, computers, cell phones, ATV's/Jet Ski's just to name a few haven't been regulated out of existence. I'd like to encourage a gathering of sUAS operators to fly around city and state houses as a form of protest. But that would probably be illegal so I won't. Personally I saw nothing in the video that endangered life or limb. Your opinions are every bit as valid as mine I'm just grateful to have a place to post them and I believe if you can bend asinine rules without endangering anyone go for it lest we all become mindless DRONES sitting in front of the Telly being spoon fed what the authoritarian establishment wants us to to have!

Reactions: denaat
"Signs, signs everywhere a sign, do this, don't do that can't you read the sign?" (5 man electric band). The FAA says we can't fly over 400 feet ( I'm ok with that), we can't fly at night ( why? If we remain below 400 feet with the craft in view?), you must be a certified pilot to operate commercially, we have no fly zones in Federal Parks, no take off, operating or landing in State and local parks. I'm all for law and order but knee jerk over reactionaries are trying to kill off a budding technology. Just about anything created has been misused by some whack job, motorcycles, computers, cell phones, ATV's/Jet Ski's just to name a few haven't been regulated out of existence. I'd like to encourage a gathering of sUAS operators to fly around city and state houses as a form of protest. But that would probably be illegal so I won't. Personally I saw nothing in the video that endangered life or limb. Your opinions are every bit as valid as mine I'm just grateful to have a place to post them and I believe if you can bend asinine rules without endangering anyone go for it lest we all become mindless DRONES sitting in front of the Telly being spoon fed what the authoritarian establishment wants us to to have!
I agree I hate using assign but it certainly helps when members of the public turn up and going bonkers. Theres always one. Once i show them the sign, they get the idea that Im not actually flying around the place spying on them.

I agree I hate using assign but it certainly helps when members of the public turn up and going bonkers. Theres always one. Once i show them the sign, they get the idea that Im not actually flying around the place spying on them.
Again I'm not bashing you here, but those same folks whining about their privacy have no problem turning their cell phone cameras on any and everything and posting it on some social media network. I'll speak for America where I am, if you're out in public you have no reasonable expectation of privacy! Put a can of mace in your pocket let them rant and rave just continue to pilot your craft they don't deserve an explanation.

Again I'm not bashing you here, but those same folks whining about their privacy have no problem turning their cell phone cameras on any and everything and posting it on some social media network. I'll speak for America where I am, if you're out in public you have no reasonable expectation of privacy! Put a can of mace in your pocket let them rant and rave just continue to pilot your craft they don't deserve an explanation.
I have pepper spray so happy to give them a shot of that. I get really upset that someone thinks I am spying on them when I'm actually shooting a tv commercial etc. Im licensed and the sign does help. Im surprised people get angry because they think we are spying on them. As I said to one mad bastard the other day... "what makes you so important you think I am spying on your house".. I wouldn't even know which house was yours."

I have pepper spray so happy to give them a shot of that. I get really upset that someone thinks I am spying on them when I'm actually shooting a tv commercial etc. Im licensed and the sign does help. Im surprised people get angry because they think we are spying on them. As I said to one mad bastard the other day... "what makes you so important you think I am spying on your house".. I wouldn't even know which house was yours."
I gave that reply because while recently flying a guy came up and started snapping photos of me, my craft and vehicle tag so I promptly turned my camera on him and his vehicle and yes "Then" he proceeded to have a meltdown, and I do believe me ignoring him while smiling broadly certainly raised his blood pressure a bit higher, so my point was those screaming the loudest about their privacy have little or no respect for the privacy of others, fly in good health mate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop