Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Most Daring Irresponsible I1 Pilot

Reaction score
I have a strong suspicion the clip posted on Youtube is under a bogus account to hide the true identity of the culprits.
The pilot deliberately broke all the rules in the book. If CASA tracks them down they would be prosecuted and slapped with a 10K fine.
It was totally irresponsible of the pilot to fly any where near 300 meters high next to the Sydney Tower.
The Tower is located in the center of the most populated city of Australia
To make things worse it was dangerous to fly around the Sydney Opera House with scenic Helicopters buzzing around every 30 minutes.
I believe the missions were flown by a skilled pilot with some knowledge of the area.
It would have taken more than a few weeks to complete with travel to the Blue Mountains.
Please fly safe.

I have a strong suspicion the clip posted on Youtube is under a bogus account to hide the true identity of the culprits.
The pilot deliberately broke all the rules in the book. If CASA tracks them down they would be prosecuted and slapped with a 10K fine.
It was totally irresponsible of the pilot to fly any where near 300 meters high next to the Sydney Tower.
The Tower is located in the center of the most populated city of Australia
To make things worse it was dangerous to fly around the Sydney Opera House with scenic Helicopters buzzing around every 30 minutes.
I believe the missions were flown by a skilled pilot with some knowledge of the area.
It would have taken more than a few weeks to complete with travel to the Blue Mountains.
Please fly safe.
Amazing footage but i agree. There is no way in hell he would have been allowed to shoot this.
Im sure CASA will catch up with him.

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
I was there at the same time I think as this idiot.
I had my Inspire as well but wasn't foolish enough to do what this moron did.
He's really killing the industry for us all.
I shot mostly in Queensland and Chrust Church NZ.
Did a little filming around Sydney but did not approach the Ooera house like this guy did.
I hope Casa nails him good!

For me this is more concerning than a long range flight in the middle of nowhere.I would love to make a footage like this,but it's absolutly not done.Unsafe:mad:

I was there at the same time I think as this idiot.
I had my Inspire as well but wasn't foolish enough to do what this moron did.
He's really killing the industry for us all.
I shot mostly in Queensland and Chrust Church NZ.
Did a little filming around Sydney but did not approach the Ooera house like this guy did.
I hope Casa nails him good!

In all Honesty and being a hobbiest, morons will NOT KILL the HOBBY! The closing of DC flying clubs is just the beginning. Rules and regulations just get stiff and regulation will become the norm, but ruin the Hobby, No. The reality! It's the drone boom, quad copter "irresponsible owners" are the culprits, that being said when is the last time you have heard of model airplane/helicopter crashing in a residential area? Quad copters, YES! More to come, count on it!! It's not "my job" to police someone who is thickheaded and stubborn either, you avoid physical/mental conflict which would lead to other hobbies we attain in life. Hobbiest and professionals need to stick together, "IGNORANCE" need not reply! Just had an experience just the other day I rather not speak of, but I would have normally reported. Being the person I am and have become over the years, live and let live, learn the hard way, have at it.. We are Not responsible for their action or doings, JUST THAT PLAIN AN SIMPLE! "One would say, it's our job to educate people in our HOBBY".. Well, many ways to look and go about this topic. There will always be the Responsible and Irresponsible. As an Owner and Hobbiest of RC products, I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE[emoji6] Flame Away! Some things just NEED TO BE SAID!

Reactions: Some_guy_flying
it will not start on my iphone 5S the minute thingy shows --/-- and when i hit play nothing happens :( will check on my laptop when back in office on monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you update your YouTube app? I'm on my i6.. Strange..

Nice video. Ive seen it before.
I dont think this guy will get nabbed by CASA.
He's obviously a bit of a pro and i bet he doesnt live in Australia but is from overseas somewhere.
"Fly In Fly Out" kinda guy.

According to his email it looks like he is from Hong Kong.
He deffinately flew above the allowed ceiling height of 400 ft. The aircraft beacon that sits on top of the bridge alone is 141 meters (462 ft) above mean sea level.

Last edited:
hmmmm, a nice video, but some questionable ethics making it.
Also, if you google Wilson Ng there are many many accounts with that name, when people make a fake account they tend to use a common name in order to make it harder for people to traul through google looking for info on the,m :(

That video was posted on FB about 9 months ago... he got so much flack he took it down... he was not Australian... and left the country ...

What are Australia's laws like with drones? Same as USA?
As at 21 December 2015 it is still illegal to fly ANY Drone for commercial gain WITHOUT certification. Download our Android and iOSapps to get a better understanding of the areas that are restricted for hobby flying too.

• Is your Drone / RPA (eg. DJI Phantom) below 2kg?
    • It is CURRENTLY illegal to fly your Phantom for commercial gain without certification.
    • WHEN (it has been promised for years now but STILL not available) the new laws come into effect there will be STRICT conditions under which you may potentially fly it legally for commercial gain.
    • What are the proposed new conditions? Basically the same as the current laws!! Below is a list of the current and future restrictions.
      • You may NOT fly closer than 30m to vehicles, boats, buildings that are not on YOUR private property or you must have explicit permission from the private property owner.
      • You are NOT allowed to fly over any populated areas such as beaches, other people’s backyards, heavily populated parks or sports ovals where there is a game on.
      • You may NOT operate within a RADIUS of 5.5km of any aerodrome, airfield, airport, seaplanes taking off or landing, helicopter landing sites which may be located at hospitals, police stations or other locations that you may not be aware of. It is YOUR responsibility to find out where they are and ignorance is no defense in the court of law. (Have a look at our app RPAS LOGGER which shows you almost all these locations around Australia)
      • You may ONLY operate during DAYLIGHT – NO night flying! Only in good weather and you MUST be in visual-line-of-site of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft – RPA.
      • You may NOT fly above 400ft (123m)
      • You may NOT fly FPV !!
      • What does this translate to? Real Estate photographers will usually NOT be able to conform with ALL these conditions and will therefor REQUIRE a UAV Operator Certificate (UOC) which is the CASA certificate to operate legally.

As at 21 December 2015 it is still illegal to fly ANY Drone for commercial gain WITHOUT certification. Download our Android and iOSapps to get a better understanding of the areas that are restricted for hobby flying too.

• Is your Drone / RPA (eg. DJI Phantom) below 2kg?
    • It is CURRENTLY illegal to fly your Phantom for commercial gain without certification.
    • WHEN (it has been promised for years now but STILL not available) the new laws come into effect there will be STRICT conditions under which you may potentially fly it legally for commercial gain.
    • What are the proposed new conditions? Basically the same as the current laws!! Below is a list of the current and future restrictions.
      • You may NOT fly closer than 30m to vehicles, boats, buildings that are not on YOUR private property or you must have explicit permission from the private property owner.
      • You are NOT allowed to fly over any populated areas such as beaches, other people’s backyards, heavily populated parks or sports ovals where there is a game on.
      • You may NOT operate within a RADIUS of 5.5km of any aerodrome, airfield, airport, seaplanes taking off or landing, helicopter landing sites which may be located at hospitals, police stations or other locations that you may not be aware of. It is YOUR responsibility to find out where they are and ignorance is no defense in the court of law. (Have a look at our app RPAS LOGGER which shows you almost all these locations around Australia)
      • You may ONLY operate during DAYLIGHT – NO night flying! Only in good weather and you MUST be in visual-line-of-site of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft – RPA.
      • You may NOT fly above 400ft (123m)
      • You may NOT fly FPV !!
      • What does this translate to? Real Estate photographers will usually NOT be able to conform with ALL these conditions and will therefor REQUIRE a UAV Operator Certificate (UOC) which is the CASA certificate to operate legally.
Doesn't look any stiffer than other places. Canada and US are 5Miles/9Kms from Airports so Aus is actually less restrictive there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds