Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor shut off

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
Got a quick question. I normally pull the left stick down to shut the AC. If I hold the left stick for about 3 seconds while does the motor shut off mid flight or does it use the sonar to determine if it is a motor shut or not based on altitude.

Too chicken to try it out. :)

Never ... but Never
Yaw fully to the right while descending fully and flying diagonally back fully left. You will lose your Inspire ....... funny no mention of it in the manual to the best of my knowledge but i know it can happen.

A logical update for the firmware would be a 'sonar'/GPS" cross check to check the height AGL before executing CSC ?

A logical update for the firmware would be a 'sonar'/GPS" cross check to check the height AGL before executing CSC ?
No - CSC will remain an integral part of the firmware and must be able to be activated AT ANY HEIGHT. It is a safety feature that allows the user to instantly shut off the motors and ditch the aircraft in the event of an emergency.
There has been many a debate that it should be removed or it should be a combination of both CSC and a button and standing on one leg and closing one eye and making a sound like a pirate etc but in an emergency situation you need something instinctive that can be activated without too much thinking time (like emergency braking in a car).

Hey OC !!
Its when you pull both sticks to the bottom in at an angle....
Left stick to 5 o'clock right stick to 7 o'clock at the same time..
Or left to 7 and right to 5 - basically the same command used to start the motors but either of those two positions will work to start/stop them......instantly.
In the normal course of flying, unless you are piloting a collective pitch helicopter and are doing 3d maneuvers you will never need to have the sticks at that aggressive position - especially if you are taking video!!!! :)

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Or left to 7 and right to 5 - basically the same command used to start the motors but either of those two positions will work to start/stop them......instantly.
In the normal course of flying, unless you are piloting a collective pitch helicopter and are doing 3d maneuvers you will never need to have the sticks at that aggressive position - especially if you are taking video!!!! :)
Haha..
I thought I got edited....
That's the first time I've heard you could do it either way..
Your brain must be working overtime editor..lol..:rolleyes:
Turbo...

So... CSC ='s Control Sticks Center (& down)??? Just a guess. Anybody confirm? I know it shuts them down :).

So... CSC ='s Control Sticks Center (& down)??? Just a guess. Anybody confirm? I know it shuts them down :).
Combination Stick Command. (Page 51 of the user manual.......which you have read, yes?)

Combination Stick Command. (Page 51 of the user manual.......which you have read, yes?)
Yes. Rings a bell now :). Ordered direct and had plenty of time to read a few times while I waited for mine :). My careers have had way too many acronyms to remember them all. Plus I just got back from the data X conference in Santa Cruz, I'm a bit tired and need to get some sleep! Great time by the way! Thanks for the reminder!

Never ... but Never
Yaw fully to the right while descending fully and flying diagonally back fully left. You will lose your Inspire ....... funny no mention of it in the manual to the best of my knowledge but i know it can happen.
I questioned this one as well...found it...almost counts as "fine print"...lol...
Page 51 of your manual.

Attachments

• CSC Warning - Page 51.JPG
    CSC Warning - Page 51.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 30

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop