Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motors shutting down

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if the 5/7 combination shuts down the motors when in flight? If you are flying down panning right and moving back and to the left it could shut the motors down correct? If so wondering if this can be switched off?

I'm using a phantom 2 atm but buying a I1 this week. Had a crash a while back with the p2, thought i may have hit a tree but thinking back to the video I might have been doing that type of move...

Thanks in advance,

Scotty

There are 4 CSC movements that you can do that will shut down the motors immediately...

1. Both sticks down and in.
2. Both sticks down and out.
3. Both sticks down and right.
4. Both sticks down and left.

Any of these will shut down the motors and kill you bird if it is flying...

Is there anyway to alter this as it sounds easy to shut them down with that many combinations...

Never being worried about this.Just don't do the combination.When I go down quickly I always go forward and backwards for about 100 feet

Yeah, I do a lot of mx and quad racing work so you need to be brutal sometimes to track and keep pace ie why I'm upgrading to the inspire as the P2 just cant keep up...

Its not a massive stretch of the imagination to end up with any of these combinations.

But it think with the inspire I wont need to be so brutal, heres hoping

As other posters have advised, CSC WILL shut down the motors if you are in flight.
It has been debated many times on this forum whether it should or should not be allowable in flight etc so I do not really want this thread to degenerate into another:
"CSC is the invention of the Devil and will kill small children and animals" type of thread.
  • Unless you are a 3d heli pilot there is no reason for you to be moving the sticks into that position during normal flight
  • Pretty much ever since esc's have been around to drive electric motors in the RC world some form of arming/disarming them has been present via a stick movement combination.
  • It is deemed a safety feature both for starting the motors and as a "kill command" to stop the motors in an emergency situation
  • It will not be disappearing anytime soon
As previous posts say above, smooth and slow is the answer to good quality video results.
If you want a 'sports style' quad the Inspire is not the machine to use.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: InspiredOne
When would you ever descend full speed, yaw right full speed, go back full speed AND roll left full speed all at the same time in one maneuver?!?
It is part of what happens when you panic due to lost orientation....

Roger

It might be a REALLY good idea if DJI could program in a warning tone, something REALLY identifiable, at the ½ point to 3 seconds. This should leave enough time for someone in this position to release the sticks in time. I think this would be an easy thing to program. This would not interfere with safety (if this move was required) but would let the pilot know that he's VERY COMPROMISED.

Any thoughts?

It might be a REALLY good idea if DJI could program in a warning tone, something REALLY identifiable, at the ½ point to 3 seconds. This should leave enough time for someone in this position to release the sticks in time. I think this would be an easy thing to program. This would not interfere with safety (if this move was required) but would let the pilot know that he's VERY COMPROMISED.

Any thoughts?
I cannot see this happening and the problem would be that the 'warning tone' would be constantly going off due to the 'halfway' position of the sticks.
What would happen then, is you brain would switch off to those tones and treat them as a nuisance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido